Hunter's off ball tactics will be penalised if used again

Remove this Banner Ad

RizzoTheRat said:
Ummm, yes. In fact, I don't think they are saying anything of the sort.

Yeh im just being sarcastic

Still a useless article. I mean Hunter and O Loughlin will be at opposite ends of the ground ffs.

Embers said:
Still a useless article. I mean Hunter and O Loughlin will be at opposite ends of the ground ffs.

You reckon Hunter will start forward? I'm guessing that Woosha won't mess with a strategy that has won him a lot more games than he has lost.

I'm just interested to see how many of our guys cop head-high knocks that are let go..... Apparently Eagles don't have heads or backs, but I would've thought that would've been anatomically impossible? :confused:

Embers said:
Ridiculous article. Could the Umpires come out and say "I hope Eagles lose" any more blatantly. Poor form

It sounded to me like they were saying "We think it's a good idea that we enforce all of the rules."

Someone do a stat check for me but arnt Eagles 14th for frees inside 50 and Swans were 3rd?

Someone do a stat check for me, but arent the Eagles N# 1 for Free kicks for whilst the swans are 16th.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tyberious Funk said:
I think it's a testament to Hunter's development over the past few years. He's gone from "Dud", to "Goes alright", to "Gun" to "Villian".

Being considered a "Villian" in the game is usually a sure sign opposition fans are ****-scared of you.
Nah I am not ****-scared of him at all. He is a relic of the 80's - looks at home wearing a flanney and riding a BMX to the game.

Freo Big Fella said:
Good riddance. He's been allowed to get away with McIntosh style thuggery for too long.

AFL.

Josh and Matthew Carr board.;)

All teams have them we all love them in our side:thumbsu: and bitch when our team is on the end of their niggle.:thumbsdown:

Q... said:
What does it instruct us?
That even a reputable broadsheet like the Sydney Morning Herald is not above pandering to the parochial prejudices of its readers when it comes to an important sporting event.

Dylan82 said:
Since when did it become reputable :confused:

IMO It's no worse than any of the other "reputable" papers in this country, but it's a lot better that any tabloid.

sackrash said:
Someone do a stat check for me, but arent the Eagles N# 1 for Free kicks for whilst the swans are 16th.....

correct...and I tell you why

1 You tackle a lot which means you sometimes give away a few high ones...overall though that is a benefit not a criticism

2 Your blokes lie on the ball alot (a few holding the ball decisions come from that

3 also your taggers tend to hold onto midfeilders at stoppages, this was highlighted by wa media..which your probably dont read....

4 hall gives away a lot of fress for pushing out 38 fress againts for the year..Jolly in the ruck gives away a few also (41 :eek: ) ..and Goodes with 33 againss gives away a lot also

5 Leo Barry gives away a few frees also..30 because hes undersized against the likes of Fev Lynch gehrig and so on.....he often has no other option but to conceeed a free

Look its about 4 or 5 layers who give away mots of your frees...blame them not the umps....

Svenny said:
correct...and I tell you why

1 You tackle a lot which means you sometimes give away a few high ones...overall though that is a benefit not a criticism

2 Your blokes lie on the ball alot (a few holding the ball decisions come from that

3 also your taggers tend to hold onto midfeilders at stoppages, this was highlighted by wa media..which your probably dont read....

4 hall gives away a lot of fress for pushing out 38 fress againts for the year..Jolly in the ruck gives away a few also (41 :eek: ) ..and Goodes with 33 againss gives away a lot also

5 Leo Barry gives away a few frees also..30 because hes undersized against the likes of Fev Lynch gehrig and so on.....he often has no other option but to conceeed a free

Look its about 4 or 5 layers who give away mots of your frees...blame them not the umps....

That all looks reasonable.

The main thing that annoyed me about the umps in the beginning of the year was the business of coming down hard on taking out the marking players arms. They were all over that unless Hall was trying to take a mark. 'twas frustrating. As you can imagine, Leo down one end handing over kicks at goal and Hall at the other with a substantially dimished chance of having a shot.

Throughout the season though, they seem to have decided that the interpretation they were using for Hall now applies to everyone.

Q... said:
It sounded to me like they were saying "We think it's a good idea that we enforce all of the rules."

Is it wrong to expect that to be a given?

Hall and O'louglin - you can't push your opponent out of the marking contest with two handed shoves to the back. For some "unknown" reason, it isn't penalised when these two do it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back