hypothetical: imagine if collingwood took over the bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by peejay
But if he gets a game in the Bulldogs starting 18 and you think he would get a game in the pies starting 18 as well - how could be miss out in the combined?

Logic not a strong point?

What if he's the 13th best player at 2 evenly matched clubs (being generous). There's 24 better players for starters.

Originally posted by CharlieG
What does this prove?

You could combine any two sides in the competition and they would be unbeatable. Geelong and the Bulldogs, if joined together, would be unbeatable. And they are the bottom two sides.

Right CharlieG
Any two teams could be combined and they would be powerful.
Fitting them under a salary cap is another issue.
Most interesting thing about this post is which players people rate and don't rate. The same names spring up all the time.
Grant,Fraser,Licuria.

I just wish Richmond could merge with Richmond's injury list.

Richo,Ottens,Holland,Dragarsevic(?),Houlihan,Campbell............all in the same side would be a dream come true.

We can only wish.

Originally posted by Yze_Magic
this is a stupid thread

hey, How about we combine melbourne and Adelaide

Ok

Take the Adelaide side

Then:
Out: Bickley,Perrie
In: Yze,Neitz

Originally posted by Falchoon
Logic not a strong point?

What if he's the 13th best player at 2 evenly matched clubs (being generous). There's 24 better players for starters.

My Logic is fine, how is yours jerk.

I am not talking about the mathematics of "any player". i am specifically talking about Chris Grant - Top 3 at Bulldogs and i am sure he would make top 15 at Collingwood.

Think before you post.

My Logic is fine, how is yours jerk.

I am not talking about the mathematics of "any player". i am specifically talking about Chris Grant - Top 3 at Bulldogs and i am sure he would make top 15 at Collingwood.

Chris Grant has not been top three for quite a few years. After his knee injury he wont be top 15

I guess when you look at these hypotheticals you can only assume players are injury free and playing in their best form.

Thanks for being big enough to admit you were wrong.

:)

Originally posted by hotpie
Ok

Take the Adelaide side

Then:
Out: Bickley,Perrie
In: Yze,Neitz

We'll take Neitz.

Yze? May get a game instead of Mattner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course you all know why Eddie has been so nice to the Doggies, helping them with sponsorship, giving them all those plugs on the Collingwood Show?

Out of the goodness of his heart I hear you say?

Goodness? Heart??

Just think of all those supporters, all those extra members and all that extra sponsorship Collingwood will have when the Doggies fall over and the fans go over to the team who's president did so much to try and keep their beloved team alive.

Who knows? Eddie might put a little WBFFC on the back of the jumper if the sponsors will leave just a little room.

You're right.

Eddie should not try and help out another club. He should use his media profile for the exclusive use of his own team. Smorgon must have caught him in a weak moment.

Some people around here are serious hypocrites sometimes.

Originally posted by napsyd
We'll take Neitz.

Yze? May get a game instead of Mattner.

And that's it? No more of our players?
May get a game over mattner?????? LMFAO... Mattner is about as useless as a fishnet condom.

You seriously are one eyed....

You're right.

Thank you.

Eddie should not try and help out another club. He should use his media profile for the exclusive use of his own team. Smorgon must have caught him in a weak moment.

If you say so. Please demonstrate another example where he has used his media profile to help out another club.

Some people around here are serious hypocrites sometimes.

No, I have always believed that Eddie is a self serving tool.

Originally posted by Somefella
And that's it? No more of our players?
May get a game over mattner?????? LMFAO... Mattner is about as useless as a fishnet condom.

You seriously are one eyed....

I'm not the one who proposed the changes... :confused:

I'm not the one who proposed the changes... :confused:

LOL ok. We don't have to worry about it anyway, there is absolutely no chance our two teams would merge... think of it. Melbourne (city adelaide based fans despise) merging with Adelaide (town which Melbourne based Fans despise).

I think we are safe :)

Originally posted by Somefella
LOL ok. We don't have to worry about it anyway, there is absolutely no chance our two teams would merge... think of it. Melbourne (city adelaide based fans despise) merging with Adelaide (town which Melbourne based Fans despise).

I think we are safe :)

We'll take Vardy back as well LOL :)

Just think of the home ground advantage though! We could play all the interstaters in Melbourne and all the Vic teams at Football Park!

No, I have always believed that Eddie is a self serving tool.

Believe what you like. Clearly even charitable gestures from him only attract cynicism, and hatred, and trolls, so there's no point in trying to argue with you.

Of course you all know why Eddie has been so nice to the Doggies, helping them with sponsorship, giving them all those plugs on the Collingwood Show?

Out of the goodness of his heart I hear you say?

Goodness? Heart??

Just think of all those supporters, all those extra members and all that extra sponsorship Collingwood will have when the Doggies fall over and the fans go over to the team who's president did so much to try and keep their beloved team alive.

Who knows? Eddie might put a little WBFFC on the back of the jumper if the sponsors will leave just a little room.
If you are serious I would make 2 points:

1). You are kidding yuorself if you really that conspiracy theory. You are also crediting yourself with much more intelegence than Smorgon and the entire Dog's board if you think you figured that out and they didn't.

2). No room on our jumper for any recoginition of any other club. We are Collingwood and we aint merging with anyone under any circumstances adn anyone from the Collingwood board who ever puts a merger proposal to the members will be committing professional suicide at best. I can absolutely gurantee that I will be at that hypothetical meeting and I will do whatever it takes to make sure it doesn't get up in any form EVER! I can guarantee I am not alone.

If you say so. Please demonstrate another example where he has used his media profile to help out another club.
The LAST one would be the veterans match for Carlton.

Chris Grant has not been top three for quite a few years. After his knee injury he wont be top 15

What do you call quite a few years?

In 2001 the only Dogs better then him were Johnson and Darcy for sure and perhaps Brown. In 2000 he was definitely top 3 and every year before that he was 1

Originally posted by MarkT
The LAST one would be the veterans match for Carlton.

Setting up and heavily promoting the Trevor Barker Foundation is a very worthy thing to do, (yes its not a football club but nor is Collingwood the beneficiary either)

Remove this Banner Ad

hypothetical: imagine if collingwood took over the bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back