Prediction I give up, we're idiots. Thank you Nigel Smart, you're Just Right.

Where is Nigel Smart right now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You are not serious are you?

Are you geniunely insinuating that he has proven not to be a failure as a coach at AFL level because of his work with the AFLW ruckwomen.
I'm not insinuating anything other than I totally disagree with the picture your trying to paint of Matthew Clarke.

You don't move on competent coaches that are across their brief by the way.

Jacobs I will grant you.
Not sold on O'Brien yet. I suspect you and I have differing opinions on Reilly O'Brien. If he is our number 1, we are in trouble.
Yes Tippett was alright, but only alright in the ruck.
Maric was probably harshly done by to some extent. But again was only alright. That is more on Craig than it is on Clarke.
Griffin was again only alright.

We may not have drafted any ruckmen with high draft picks. Nor have we developed any into top line ruckmen. He has been there for 10 years, how long would he like to develop one?

Sauce didn’t develop in our system.

Who's system did he develop in then?

He was 4th banana at the blues. You can hardly say he developed anywhere else. He was 22 when he was traded here after 3 years at carlton
I think it is fair to say most of his early development was at Carlton. Sauce was certainly not 4th in line in his last year at Carlton. He further developed once we traded for him.

I think it is fair to say most of his early development was at Carlton. Sauce was certainly not 4th in line in his last year at Carlton. He further developed once we traded for him.
He wasn't in front of Kruezer or Hampton - maybe not Warnock either, but let's say he was 3rd in line

He wasn't in front of Kruezer or Hampton - maybe not Warnock either, but let's say he was 3rd in line
Maybe not Kreuzer, but in 2009 he was in front of the other 2. Kreuzer was also injury prone, and therefore Sauce played a lot of footy that year because of it. Carlton were furious at the time for how little they got for him.

Must have been all those 17 games he played for Carlton.....Not the 184 he played for Adelaide?

Must have been all those 17 games he played for Carlton.....Not the 184 he played for Adelaide?
He started at Carlton. His early development was at Carlton. Is this incorrect?

Did you not read that I said his development continued at our club?

He played 4 games in 2009...yikes!

Hampton played 15...hmm
Must have been 2010 I was thinking of, my apologies.

If you are going to pull me up on something, fair enough. If you are then going to use an example of another player on the next paragraph having played more often, make sure you get their name right before rubbishing their post.

You may consider what I say to be assumptions. If you don't see what I am saying that is OK, you and I just disagree. Like I just said to Mutineer, name one ruckman outside of Jacobs, who was well on the way to being a top line ruckman Carlton, that he has developed into a top line ruckman?
Soz mate, I don’t understand your point

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sauce didn’t develop in our system.
Well that's not completely true is it.

That's like saying Jack Gunston didn't develop at Hawthorn, or Scott Thompson was the finished article at Melbourne.

Sauce even more so given the time it takes big men to reach their peak.

Must have been 2010 I was thinking of, my apologies.

If you are going to pull me up on something, fair enough. If you are then going to use an example of another player on the next paragraph having played more often, make sure you get their name right before rubbishing their post.
Sure in 2013 Sauce, Kruez played 13, then Hampson and Warnock played 10 and 8.

OK, I got his name wrong - lies and statistics you can call that ;)

Sure in 2013 Sauce, Kruez played 13, then Hampson and Warnock played 10 and 8.

OK, I got his name wrong - lies and statistics you can call that ;)
I am assuming you mean 2010, as Sauce was well and truly with us in 2013.

You mocked me for making an error whilst making one yourself.

Yes, Nigel Smart is to blame for our ruck problems

EDIT: it turns out, he thinks they're all the wrong height
What opinion does Nigel hold on the height of the midfielders, small and medium forwards, small and medium defenders and KP forwards and defenders?

What opinion does Nigel hold on the height of the midfielders, small and medium forwards, small and medium defenders and KP forwards and defenders?

I suspect he thinks they're all the wrong height, except for a few in our women's team

Did you get a response from the club?

No, I didn't. I was a bit surprised about that, though maybe they were using the time to go through his other tweets, because I found some problematic ones:

download1.png
download2.png
download3.png
download4.png
download5.png
download66.png
download77.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction I give up, we're idiots. Thank you Nigel Smart, you're Just Right.

Back