I was right, Mccartney should have been delisted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tar

Debutant
Oct 26, 2002
Looks like you were all wrong and I was right.

I said last october/november that Kangaroos should have delisted Mccartney because he would never be able to play at AFL standard again. Now roos have an empty space on their list that could have been filled by another draft pick....

Look what happens when clubs base their decisions of irrelevant emotions

SHUTUP- JUST SHUTUP, YOU WERE WRONG, SO VERY WRONG

McCartney's comeback is one of great significance, to him, the country and AFL.

He did play at AFL standard again, he played tonight, didnt he? Yes, he did. So you were the wrong one.

Insensitive p***k

Go Roos:mad:

Originally posted by Tar

I said last october/november that Kangaroos should have delisted Mccartney because he would never be able to play at AFL standard again. Now roos have an empty space on their list that could have been filled by another draft pick....

Why complain? That might be a star player your club just might have picked up!

Originally posted by tashibatts
SHUTUP- JUST SHUTUP, YOU WERE WRONG, SO VERY WRONG

McCartney's comeback is one of great significance, to him, the country and AFL.

He did play at AFL standard again, he played tonight, didnt he? Yes, he did. So you were the wrong one.

Insensitive p***k

Go Roos:mad:

J.McCartney 3 0 3 1 0 1 0 1 1 1

3 possessions AFL standard? yeah right, don't kid yourself. It was a publicity stunt

Originally posted by Tar

3 possessions AFL standard? yeah right, don't kid yourself. It was a publicity stunt

8 months ago he was at deaths door.

And its 3 possessions, more than you will ever get in AFL footy.

Go Roos

There is no doubt tonight was a bit of a publicity stunt combined with an inspiring comeback, it was a Roos home game and they needed the money. It was a great effort tonight nonetheless, and the memory will remain with Roos supporters for a long long time. How shallow would the Roos would have looked if they delisted him without giving him a chance of returning? He was never going to be delisted. He deserved a chance to play again.

Originally posted by Tar

And you're the same person who asked what McCartney and Canberra have in common.

KNOB:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Tar

That is a really harsh comment. You are an insensitive young person who only cares about yourself.

Originally posted by Tar

idiot.

It was his first game in 6 months after he was seriously burnt by the bali bombs, you knob.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anybody who seriously suggests that Jason McCartney should have been delisted after all the effort he put in is just plain rude - and has absolutely no idea about the true spirit of the game. Heck, even the Richmond cheer squad was more sensitive than that - rising as one for him at the start of the second quarter (and causing Dermot Brereton to rightly observe that the spirit of the game was not dead!)

Tar has no appreciation of the spirit of the game. Otherwise he would have kept his mouth shut.

Suzi - at the risk of sounding rude myself - aren't you being just slightly hypocritical calling Tar insensitive? He was - no doubt - but then you've been guilty of it yourself you know.

Originally posted by timelord
Anybody who seriously suggests that Jason McCartney should have been delisted after all the effort he put in is just plain rude - and has absolutely no idea about the true spirit of the game. Heck, even the Richmond cheer squad was more sensitive than that - rising as one for him at the start of the second quarter (and causing Dermot Brereton to rightly observe that the spirit of the game was not dead!)

Tar has no appreciation of the spirit of the game. Otherwise he would have kept his mouth shut.

Suzi - at the risk of sounding rude myself - aren't you being just slightly hypocritical calling Tar insensitive? He was - no doubt - but then you've been guilty of it yourself you know.
Phil,

No not when there is a footy player involved.

Yes I must admit that I have been known to be insensitive but I don't think that I am being hypocritical either in this thread.

BTW, I have reported Tar and his comments to the mods

Originally posted by Tar

He kicked a goal and they won by less than a goal.Take him out of tonights game and North would've lost.

Now run off troll boy. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Originally posted by timelord

Hahaha Dermott talking about the spirit of the game? He was one of the most violent thugs to ever play, HAHAHA

I just got in from the game.

I'm a Richmond supporter and have an utter hatred of North Melbourne.

I am shattered that we lost tonight. Nothing short of devastated.

However, let me congratulate the Roos on their win. Never, for a second did they give up. For that matter, neither did Richmond so I am proud of them.

Having said that, I was priviliged to be at the game tonight to see a truly inspirational hero take the field, overcoming traumas i would not wish upon my worst enemy. At the end of the day, even if North (or Richmond, or anyone for that matter) win the premiership, this will statistically still just count as a game of footy to me and all the supporters who attended, listened to the radio or took note of the result.

We may have taken a lot of interest in the game in the lead up and may either celebrate or commiserate depending on who we support. But for the other 6 and a half days of this week we had jobs, school, life to go on with and football was secondary, at best.

Jason McCartney has spent this year lving for a couple of things - his marriage and to finally step onto the field for the senior Roos team. I cannot imagine the hell he has been through and if I were a thousand times more of a courageous human being I would not be fit to kiss his bootstuds when it comes to determination and spirit.

The effect had had on EVERYONE at the ground was immense. We all willed him on to get through the match. Naturally I wanted him to be part of a losing side (for tonght, only) and I am sure that he would have appreciated that - no quarter given and none taken.

I am sure that tonight he may have given his team just that extra ounce of stamina to get over the line and he most certainly contributed to the winning goal.

As I said I am still shattered after the loss. But forever, in my heart and memory this game will live on.

1% of it as a courageous Richmond loss.

99% of it as a dedication to the spirit of a truly amazing and incomparable man.

Goodbye to a true champion.

You conquered the footy challenge now get on and enjoy your life with your wife and everthing that it brings you. I am sure that no challenge will be a worry from here on in.

Two final things to say ...

Congrats to North. Just too good. McCartney or not, you never gave in.

And Tar? You are an absolute ****.

Originally posted by Tar

IRRELEVANT EMOTIONS?

you dumb ****

how old are you?

you are a pathetic human being

Well said sandeano.
To the people who are knocking McCartney and the Roos, get a life won't ya? It was inspirational what he has come back from to do. So what if tonight will be his last game for the season and his career, he's shown more courage than Tar or Chris Judd would have ever shown ever.

Jason, you're a bloody champion. I wish I had an ounce of the courage and determination you do. Good luck for the future.

Tar or CJ, neither of you can possibly be human. Sitting behind your computer screen spouting off this gutless buII****. I bet you wouldn't have the balls to say any of this crap in public. **** off, you waste of oxygen.

Remove this Banner Ad

I was right, Mccartney should have been delisted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back