If Geelong can win their Prelim

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be an underwhelming grand final. And the fact that Geelong is the only Victorian club in the AFL is a bit annoying meaning no Melbourne-based sides in the prelim

If it's Port maybe, they will be cooked if they somehow win next week. Surely the Swans will have learnt from last time, will be a cracking game if the Swans make it against any 3 of the possible opponents.

They will either face a side who

Sydney- lost their last final against Geelong by 81 pts
Port Adelaide- lost their last final against Geelong by 84 pts

I know it means very little, but it is a nice little psychological hurdle.

Will be pressure on Sydney no doubt. But Geelong were the dominant team in 2022 with Sydney 3rd, this time Sydney were top all year and Geelong 3rd. You would think they would play better this time. If it's Port, yeah they would need a miracle going the long way.

Will be an underwhelming grand final. And the fact that Geelong is the only Victorian club in the AFL is a bit annoying meaning no Melbourne-based sides in the prelim

Really?!?!?! Tell us more, we are dying to hear what you, specifically, as an individual, have to say about it, because you haven’t already made 500,000 posts telling us about it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They will either face a side who

Sydney- lost their last final against Geelong by 81 pts
Port Adelaide- lost their last final against Geelong by 84 pts

I know it means very little, but it is a nice little psychological hurdle.
You’ve got to get past possibly the Giants, who seem to be able to win with ease at your home ground.

I am not as confident as many that we will even get there.

We have put in some absolute out of the blue shockers this season, and as recently as a few games ago. Absolutely anihilated by a bottom 8 team in the second half.

GWS in particular concern me.
Geelong supporters aren't overly confident. Especially given how often GWS have beaten us lately.

Some neutrals are jumping on while others are doubling down on them stuffing up next time. The reason for the former is a general distrust of interstate teams performing at the MCG, as there is most years.

GWS are the only side remaining that I can see troubling Geelong

Sydney on paper should, but they have mental scars & I can't recall Heeney ever playing well against the Cats

Pretty sure Geelong belted Brisbane last time they met in a final too

The arrogance coming out of sleepy hollow is already reaching Hawthorn and Carlton levels.

Wouldn't be surprised if someone catches some of the young Cats at the local tattoo parlor designing their premiership tattoos this week.

Yeah but it isn’t, though, is it.
Basically all of us are in the ‘happy to get this far’ camp, especially if we play GWS who have absolutely had the wood over us in recent times.

Arrogance about people constantly shitting on us and telling us we won’t make the finals - and then we make the top four AND win a QF by 14 goals - and arrogance as if to say ‘we are going to win the whole thing’ are two different things, and I think most normal people would understand why a supporter base would be keen to lap up the first kind.

It does suck - despite 3 non Victorian teams in the pre-lims, because of Ports no show in their first home final and the MCG grand final agreement, the statistically unignorable Victorian premiership dominance is likely to continue.

The 2 teams I would of prefered to win the GF play tonight.

Its the Cats flag to lose now.

Remove this Banner Ad

If Geelong can win their Prelim

Remove this Banner Ad

Back