If Geelong can win their Prelim

Remove this Banner Ad

It does suck - despite 3 non Victorian teams in the pre-lims, because of Ports no show in their first home final and the MCG grand final agreement, the statistically unignorable Victorian premiership dominance is likely to continue.

The 2 teams I would of prefered to win the GF play tonight.

Its the Cats flag to lose now.
Geelong is not a melbourne team.

As a west coast supporter who won all your flags against us at the mcg you would think that you would know that.

The arrogance coming out of sleepy hollow is already reaching Hawthorn and Carlton levels.

Wouldn't be surprised if someone catches some of the young Cats at the local tattoo parlor designing their premiership tattoos this week.
Most people didn’t have Geelong in finals let alone home prelim finals, I understand the annoyance that is causing. Very dumb if there are cat fans getting ahead of themselves though, I don’t think many long term cat fans would do so, we have been on the wrong side of so many Prelim and Grand Finals.

Geelong is not a melbourne team.

As a west coast supporter who won all your flags against us at the mcg you would think that you would know that.
Where did I mention Melbourne team? I said Victorian team...which they are.

Geelong don't have to travel interstate for a grand final - and they even play some home games at the MCG.

If Geelong beat Sydney this year, then hopefully the MCG grand final is finally questioned by the media and the AFL acts announcing rotation of grand final beginning from 2026. Would be an acceptable outcome of Geelong winning and that happening

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's just a wild season.
  • Sydney was pumped by Port Adelaide late in the H&A
  • Geelong smashes Port in the finals at Adelaide Oval
  • Sydney destroyed Geelong midseason at the SCG
  • GWS and Port beat Geelong at GMHBA mid-season
  • GWS have lost their last 3 games
  • GWS beat Brisbane 4 rounds ago and Sydney in Rd 19

All I take from that is that on any given day these teams can beat each other but the hardest form line to follow is Geelong because they've beaten up on spuds (and lost to St Kilda) for the last two months. Port are the first good team they've beat in long time.

If Geelong beat Sydney this year, then hopefully the MCG grand final is finally questioned by the media and the AFL acts announcing rotation of grand final beginning from 2026. Would be an acceptable outcome of Geelong winning and that happening

They’d question why a team that wins the Premiership at a ground that isn’t there Home ground beat another team at a ground which also isn’t there Home ground?

The arrogance coming out of sleepy hollow is already reaching Hawthorn and Carlton levels.

Wouldn't be surprised if someone catches some of the young Cats at the local tattoo parlor designing their premiership tattoos this week.

Nobody had Cats finishing top 4 except Damo Barrett (LOL)
Barely anyone had them in top 8.

Majority of media had them 11-14th

People like David King had them Bottom 4 (LOL he hates Geelong so he can suck it)

This year is absolutely a free hit, won a Premiership two years ago so all the pressure is off, bunch of old blokes and a bunch of super young kids making a Prelim when nobody had any faith in them is somehow arrogance? How so?

Geelong are certainly the bigfooty favourites for the flag by a mile😂 We shall see.
We need a poll.

Edit: I found the poll and its early days but that shocks me. People just won't trust interstate teams on the G but it isn't even Geelong's home ground.

We don't want the neutrals believing in us now. They should be with Brisbane or Sydney.

Last edited:
They’d question why a team that wins the Premiership at a ground that isn’t there Home ground beat another team at a ground which also isn’t there Home ground?
Yeah, Geelong players sleeping in their own beds each night, living their normal routine, driving in morning of the game essentially from an outer suburb of Melbourne is the same as living in a hotel for 2 nights, not being able to live like they normally would with the only advantage a shorter commute to the ground from the hotel.

Remove this Banner Ad

If Geelong can win their Prelim

Remove this Banner Ad

Back