If Geelong can win their Prelim

Remove this Banner Ad

Nobody had Cats finishing top 4 except Damo Barrett (LOL)
Barely anyone had them in top 8.

Majority of media had them 11-14th

People like David King had them Bottom 4 (LOL he hates Geelong so he can suck it)

This year is absolutely a free hit, won a Premiership two years ago so all the pressure is off, bunch of old blokes and a bunch of super young kids making a Prelim when nobody had any faith in them is somehow arrogance? How so?

I wouldn't be using Damien Barrett as an example of a wise sage. This is a knock against you if he thinks you're good.

In any case I'm tippimg you to beat Lions but only just.

I wouldn't be using Damien Barrett as an example of a wise sage. This is a knock against you if he thinks you're good.

In any case I'm tippimg you to beat Lions but only just.

Didā€¦did you not read the article? Lol

The point is none of the ā€œexpertsā€ tipped them to make the 8 let alone top 4.
Meaning this team has defied odds all season and shut the doubters up.

No one had them in the 8, and then they made it.
No one had them in top 4, and then they made it.
No one had them beating Port, and then they did it.

The fuel is there for the fire.

Yeah, Geelong players sleeping in their own beds each night, living their normal routine, driving in morning of the game essentially from an outer suburb of Melbourne is the same as living in a hotel for 2 nights, not being able to live like they normally would with the only advantage a shorter commute to the ground from the hotel.

Why should this actually matter?

Noise of affirmation? Tick.
The rise a player gets emotionally from the roar of an overly parochial home crowd? Tick.
Familiarity with conditions, colder or warmer weather in particular? Tick.

You have trained for years, and years, and years. If your own bed is impacting on your ability to win the hard ball, Iā€™d suggest youā€™re probably not worth the money youā€™re getting paid.

Yeah, Geelong players sleeping in their own beds each night, living their normal routine, driving in morning of the game essentially from an outer suburb of Melbourne is the same as living in a hotel for 2 nights, not being able to live like they normally would with the only advantage a shorter commute to the ground from the hotel.

Well for a GF Geelong would be in a hotel the night before as well.

All I am reading is how they will win it and it's disappointing they probably beat Sydney again as it will be boring šŸ¤£.
Luckily you can discount people's opinions as they are flippant.

Sydney thrashing Carlton in a grand final was written in the stars mid season.

Geelong were favourites for straight sets just over a week ago.

Now people have decided a Victorian team - not even based in Melbourne - won't lose at the MCG to an interstate side.

It's all a bit silly.

Sydney and Brisbane are the two sides best primed for a flag from here. They're better than the versions they had in 2022, while Geelong is worse.

The Cats aren't rank outsiders but should be minor underdogs in any match from here. Brisbane $1.70 makes more sense than $2.10.

Luckily you can discount people's opinions as they are flippant.

Sydney thrashing Carlton in a grand final was written in the stars mid season.

Geelong were favourites for straight sets just over a week ago.

Now people have decided a Victorian team - not even based in Melbourne - won't lose at the MCG to an interstate side.

It's all a bit silly.

Sydney and Brisbane are the two sides best primed for a flag from here. They're better than the versions they had in 2022, while Geelong is worse.

The Cats aren't rank outsiders but should be minor underdogs in any match from here. Brisbane $1.70 makes more sense than $2.10.

You seem to want to be the underdog with nothing to lose, not sure that's the case after the Cats thumped port and now have two weeks in Victoria ahead of them with only interstate sides left. However It is surprising to see the Cats here in a way given how they looked at times this year , but their best is bloody good.

Look end of the day I would agree in the sense that Geelong basically just won a flag so if they did get pipped here their fan base is the least frustrated.

All the talk means nothing anyway.

I just hope my side turns up and gets it done as I am sure you do. Won't matter what anyone says or what odds we set here in the end.

Good time of year and I am glad my team has a shot to break my heart again šŸ˜‚

You seem to want to be the underdog with nothing to lose, not sure that's the case after the Cats thumped port and now have two weeks in Victoria ahead of them with only interstate sides left. However It is surprising to see the Cats here in a way given how they looked at times this year , but their best is bloody good.

Look end of the day I would agree in the sense that Geelong basically just won a flag so if they did get pipped here their fan base is the least frustrated.

All the talk means nothing anyway.

I just hope my side turns up and gets it done as I am sure you do. Won't matter what anyone says or what odds we set here in the end.

Good time of year and I am glad my team has a shot to break my heart again šŸ˜‚
You were just implying it is silly for Geelong to suddenly be flag favourites among your average punters. I was agreeing. Why are you now trying to argue with me?

You were just implying it is silly for Geelong to suddenly be flag favourites among your average punters. I was agreeing. Why are you now trying to argue with me?

Not arguing thought we were mostly agreeing that it all means stuff all.

Do you think Geelong will beat Brisbane ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not arguing thought we were mostly agreeing that it all means stuff all.
Brisbane/Geelong is a toss of the coin. Sydney/Port the Swans are overwhelming favourites. Sydney should be favourites if they make the grand final.

In fact if you look at the premiership odds it is exactly in line with what I described.

If Brisbane/Geelong was at the Gabba, the Cats would be rank outsiders like Port are.

And yeah, nothing we say about it matters but here we are.

Whatā€™s interesting is all the finalists have beef with Geelong from finals losses and will be out for revenge. The rest of this finals series could be more interesting than I thought.

Geelong have all the pressure on them this game. Lions canā€™t win at the MCG to save themselves.

Why should this actually matter?

Noise of affirmation? Tick.
The rise a player gets emotionally from the roar of an overly parochial home crowd? Tick.
Familiarity with conditions, colder or warmer weather in particular? Tick.

You have trained for years, and years, and years. If your own bed is impacting on your ability to win the hard ball, Iā€™d suggest youā€™re probably not worth the money youā€™re getting paid.
Couldn't agree more PB. You've prepared for this your whole life and if you can't do it on the main stage when it matters then tough t***ies. The whole MCG isn't fair narrative is just a cop out.

Couldn't agree more PB. You've prepared for this your whole life and if you can't do it on the main stage when it matters then tough t***ies. The whole MCG isn't fair narrative is just a cop out.
Spot on.

We treasure being the only side to win 4 grand finals away from our home ground this century.

Brisbane are next best with 3.

A bit of trivia: IF (big if) Geelong won the flag it would be the first time this century they did not have to beat an MCG tenant in finals to do so. But it would be the first time where they won an interstate final.

Cant understand us Vic supporters wanting another side in Vic side to get up if it's not theirs.
I'd rather it be interstate sides in finals if my team isn't in there
The issue with that theory are the WA and SA sides are probably even more insufferable.

Can live with the Rugby statesā€™ sides though.

Remove this Banner Ad

If Geelong can win their Prelim

Remove this Banner Ad

Back