If you had to die for anyone on bigfooty who'd it be?

Remove this Banner Ad

What a bump! As a whole I am a pretty altruistic person and value other people's lives over my own but at the same time, It would depend on the circumstances , but you could probably say anyone on bigfooty for me :)
1.In some , I'd die for almost anyone with the main exception being known murderers or rapists ie all of bigfooty would be on my list (I think!) because I wouldn't be able to live with the guilt ie I'd do a selfless thing for a selfish reason eg cannibalism or murder being the only mode of survival with 1 of us having to kill the other
2. In other circumstances , I'd die for anyone even younger and healthier than me, and probably the same age /older if any of the following - knew them (but not that well ), eagles supporter , a parent or other carer , volunteer , certain occupations (too many to name ). And obviously for the loved ones in group 3 . eg terrorism type situation and someone had to sacrifice themselves . Still doing a selfless thing for a partly selfish reason, but it's also partly selfless in this case as I'd assume (without further information /knowing them ) based on age and basic circumstances that they have more right to life than me
3. And for other non life threatening situations on my part but ones where volunteering to do something would ensure my death but give them a hope of survival eg donating my heart or liver - my immediate family , partner and best friends (don't have kids but if I ever did I'm sure they would top that category ), some of whom are on this forum but won't be specifically named :p. In practical terms they and my doctors would never allow it though so all it would mean is that I would do it even more unconditionally ie no possibility of being talked out of it , volunteering sooner and sticking to it without cold feet etc than for the second group when faced with similar situations

What a bump! As a whole I am a pretty altruistic person and value other people's lives over my own but at the same time, It would depend on the circumstances , but you could probably say anyone on bigfooty for me :)

I didn't read past this because frankly i reckon you are deluding yourself.

I didn't read past this because frankly i reckon you are deluding yourself.
All of bigfooty would be in group 1 (which isn't saying much ). Some would be in group 2. None apart from some of the people I know in real life too and are especially important to me would be in group 3. I don't think I'm alone either - not everyone would rather be a killer than be killed

All of bigfooty would be in group 1 (which isn't saying much ). Some would be in group 2. None apart from some of the people I know in real life too and are especially important to me would be in group 3. I don't think I'm alone either - not everyone would rather be a killer than be killed

The thread is not talking about killing people. It asks if you would die for someone.

You're saying that you would give up your life for most of big footy because you are altruistic... I'm suggesting that you are delusional rather than altruistic. And frankly, people who go through life thinking they're altruistic are almost always the most delusional and destructive people.

Check out this article about the manifestation of idiot compassion.... It has something for everyone in there but especially those who walk around claiming they are altruistic.

http://enlightenmentward.wordpress.com/2010/04/28/manifestations-of-idiot-compassion/

The thread is not talking about killing people. It asks if you would die for someone.

You're saying that you would give up your life for most of big footy because you are altruistic... I'm suggesting that you are delusional rather than altruistic. And frankly, people who go through life thinking they're altruistic are almost always the most delusional and destructive people.

Check out this article about the manifestation of idiot compassion.... It has something for everyone in there but especially those who walk around claiming they are altruistic.

http://enlightenmentward.wordpress.com/2010/04/28/manifestations-of-idiot-compassion/
You took my words out of context by not even reading the rest of my post, so it's probably not even worth discussing . All I'll say is that there are heaps of examples of dying for someone and that's one situation (I addressed a few others). Another example of the second would the be classic titanic example- not enough life boats, would you let others take it or would you? I also think I'm not alone in dying for someone in the second example- danger, when your own safety isn't guaranteed anyway . And that article might raise interesting points is irrelevant to being "altruistic" in this context as whoever gives dies for someone else won't be around to experience the pleasure!

Remove this Banner Ad

If you had to die for anyone on bigfooty who'd it be?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back