Not open for further replies.

Furn

Premiership Player
Jul 12, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You will die by the sword.

Geelong, the kings of dropping at the knees, ducking the head and throwing themselves forward complaining about losing a game because fo a free for in the back.

The same Geelong that beat Hawthorn in round 2 on the back of 17 frees to 3 in the second half and the last 7 frees of the game including 2 goals from frees for in back.

Seems to me that they should be the last team to compain about umpiring.

I'm quite surprised actually at the level of complaints.

The treatment cheating Selwood has been getting for years seems to go unnoticed by cats fans, they think it's fair dinkum.

How the hell didnt Mooney get 50 for mouthing off.

Some games you just have to look at an umpire wrong and he will ping you.

The treatment cheating Selwood has been getting for years seems to go unnoticed by cats fans, they think it's fair dinkum.

Saint Nick has been getting it for a lot longer.

The decision cost us the game. Yes we are upset the same as what everyone else would be like if it happened to their team. Unfortunetly it happens sometimes.

What about Baker prior to earlier this year? What about Jones? What about Riewoldt?

You can pick 100 examples in a game where a team should/should not receive a free kick when the opposite decision has been applied. That said that was a poor decision at a key point in the game that did cost Geelong the game and probably another GF.

Good luck to the Saints, but if it had happened to them last night we'd be saying the same about them and Riewoldt instead of Geelong and Selwood.

poetic justice. Gwilt actually gave away a free to selwood for too high when selwood ducked not long before. Selwood had a shot on goal. Cats fans have NO CASE. It was clearly a free, every day of the week. Not 50/50. It's just funny that it cost them the game.

Geelong are not to blame for the stupid umpires. They don't give themselves these free kicks. The umps interpret and pay or deny free kicks. If Selwood gets caught high, it's ultimately the umpires call.

The sword should be aimed at Geish and his crony idiots at The AFL.

How the hell didnt Mooney get 50 for mouthing off.

Some games you just have to look at an umpire wrong and he will ping you.

To see that Sniper Mooney bitching to the ump only added icing to the cake.
There were a few dubious decisions that went against us which seem to go to the keeper, it's always the one during the dying seconds that is focused on. and a quick note to Bomber...suck it up princess.

I haven't had time to read all the threads this morning, but all I see from Geelong supporters is that it was either 50/50 or it wasn't a free at all. Have any of them actually admitted that it was a blatent free? If so, can you please find me the quote. It's definitely sig worthy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't had time to read all the threads this morning, but all I see from Geelong supporters is that it was either 50/50 or it wasn't a free at all. Have any of them actually admitted that it was a blatent free? If so, can you please find me the quote. It's definitely sig worthy!

I havn't seen one yet. Have not seen cats fans throw a tantrum like this. Normally reserved for Hawthorn fans.

Geelong are not to blame for the stupid umpires. They don't give themselves these free kicks. The umps interpret and pay or deny free kicks. If Selwood gets caught high, it's ultimately the umpires call.

The sword should be aimed at Geish and his crony idiots at The AFL.

Nice to see a Hawks man make a valid statement without the standard back hand insult to Geelong.

Agree with you 100%

Agreed...

the cats were getting soft frees all night. Frees in forward 50:
cats:4
saints:1

Suddendly, one goes against them, and they start bleating, led by the biggest whinger of the lot....their coach.

Cats didn't deserve to win, they were beaten by the better team on the night, yet they can't seem to be gracious in defeat....

Imagine the sooking that will come out of that club if they lose next week or the prelim...

Bomber wasn't complaining when they won a Grand Final off the back of a Tom Hawkins poster which was called a goal. I also notice nobody complained with the Stokes free kick when he threw his head back.

The hypocrisy from Geelong has been mind-blowing.

Bomber wasn't complaining when they won a Grand Final off the back of a Tom Hawkins poster which was called a goal. I also notice nobody complained with the Stokes free kick when he threw his head back.

The hypocrisy from Geelong has been mind-blowing.

Geez I can't wait until we annihilate you in the semi next week Podgey. Sick of hearing all this bitter, insecurity from Hawthorn squiblett's like yourself.

Geez I can't wait until we annihilate you in the semi next week Podgey. Sick of hearing all this bitter, insecurity from Hawthorn squiblett's like yourself.

Nothing bitter here. What do we have to be bitter about? :confused:

Just that your team wasn't whingeing when they won a Grand Final from that Tom Hawkins poster. Poor form to start whingeing about the umps now.

Only Cameron Ling kept his dignity last night.

When viewed in isolation it looks like a standard in the back free kick that is paid almost every time. However if that happened 20 times thoughout the night and that was the one time it was paid then it was wrongto pay it then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back