Improving the fan experience at Simonds Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

1 Move one of the big screens to the opposite side of the ground. Can't see either one from the Hickey Stand
2 Stadium radio with biased commentary
3 Home town umpires
4 Instead of the post goal cat roar, simply announce..."lets hear some noise for players name"
simple, informative, personal, can be varied, not repetitious, not cringey.

I'm happy to drop a line to the club, unfortunately I'm not sure the POTY holds much clout with them
This is unsatisfactory. POTY should really hold a seat on the board for the year!

Which clubs/games are you talking about?

Different state have slightly different temperament as well... but I doubt there would be many interstate sides that get the lack of big Melb clubs at their home ground year after year.

And I understand why... in fact not against play at the home of football etc... but its all part of the dynamic that has constructed our current crowd personality.
Only the Perth and Adelaide teams really, they always seem hostile. Then again I probably don't bother to watch many of their games against the bottom clubs so that could be why too. I didn't mean they get a lack of big clubs, I meant they always seem to have good atmosphere.

Only the Perth and Adelaide teams really, they always seem hostile. Then again I probably don't bother to watch many of their games against the bottom clubs so that could be why too. I didn't mean they get a lack of big clubs, I meant they always seem to have good atmosphere.
Freo fans are rabid and craving success (I have seen SJ mention that previously), been a while for both SA clubs as well so that helps them

Some sort of mobile coverage would be good and fold up seats in the Ablett terrace.

That's where the major telcos need to step up as they did at the MCG a few years back. WiFi is a silly idea, they never ever scale it enough to actually work. Internode did for free for a year at the MCG...was a fail.

Spending any money in the Ablett terrace other than the minimal is a bad investment. While we know it could be until 2020 we get money for stage 5, as stage 5 is scoped, spending any money that then gets turfed when it happens is bad investing.

A Scottish Highland marching band before the game and at half time......worked in the 60's and 70's. I'm still scarred.
Is that because you were in the band?

Is that because you were in the band?
Haha. No!! I would have been 8 - 12 yo at the time. But whenever I hear a pipe band play that tune (the only one pipe bands seem to play) it takes me right back to Kardinia Park

giphy.gif
Did you raid the family album for your baby videos, Jub :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's usually Scotland the Brave, or The Black Bear, or a medley thereof.

Yes, yes....Scotland the Brave. I didn't know it was called that, but after hearing the first verse it came back to me!

Yes, yes....Scotland the Brave. I didn't know it was called that, but after hearing the first verse it came back to me!

I remember, also, the St Augustine's orphanage brass band playing at half-time, though that might have been in the late 50s.

Haha. No!! I would have been 8 - 12 yo at the time. But whenever I hear a pipe band play that tune (the only one pipe bands seem to play) it takes me right back to Kardinia Park
Must have been this one.:p

Must have been this one.:p

Bloke who lives across the road from me is a member of the highland society or whatever it is called.. anyway often hearing him playing the bagpipes.. he does a ripping version of Thunderstruck.

The other week I heard him playing the star wars theme, nearly walked over and just stood in his front yard applauding

1 Move one of the big screens to the opposite side of the ground. Can't see either one from the Hickey Stand
2 Stadium radio with biased commentary
3 Home town umpires
4 Instead of the post goal cat roar, simply announce..."lets hear some noise for players name"
simple, informative, personal, can be varied, not repetitious, not cringey.

I would go with:

1. Perhaps. Not the worst idea.
2. No way. Bad idea.
3. Ridiculous.
4. Terrible idea. The game isn't enough?

I'd add an extra one that I think may involve the fans more....

5. Win more games.

I'm not sure how to arouse comatose fans. If there is a way that would make a huge difference as we have more per capita than any other club and by a margin.

Let's just count ourselves lucky we don't have to eat Balfours from SA
Worst pie in aus

Let's just count ourselves lucky we don't have to eat Balfours from SA
Worst pie in aus

is it not illegal in Vic to call them pies… false advertising right?

Go Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Improving the fan experience at Simonds Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back