Test India v New Zealand (3 Tests)

Remove this Banner Ad

We just need to get to 150 with the bat here with a lead of 103 and we should be favourites to win this test and this test series.

A 250 of 350 would be even better, that could just about bat India out of the game.
If I were you lot I’d want to bat all day tomorrow at least. Unlikely but that’s what they should be thinking.

This is NZ's once in a lifetime opportunity to win a test series in India.

Tell me will they ever get a better opportunity up 1-0 and a 100+ run first innings lead in the 2nd test on a turning wicket batting first then what they have now.

Imagine Tom Latham captaining NZ to a series win in India.

Almost immortality for ever in NZ cricket.

So bullshit that entire aspect of DRS. We know precisely where it impacted, just like where it pitched. It either pitched in line, or it didnt.
How much of that ball "impacted" in line with the stumps? Ridiculous.
And that's ignoring the fact a ball turning away after pitching miraculously changes direction and goes straight on after impact

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s the issue it was hitting. 50/50 and they don’t lose a review anyway.
How come when, if 51% of the ball pitches outside leg stump, it's an instant not out regardless of unpires call?
Why - because it happened, we know where it pitched.
And we also know where it first impacted.
But the same reasonable logic isn't applied - instead, like the guess of whether it's hitting the wickets, umpires call becomes an option.

It makes zero sense. If the umpire gave that Latham decision not out, he would still be batting.

How can you have two possible outcomes from a known impact point? Surely the tech can pin point the spot, just like where it pitches, and decide solely off that?

How come when, if 51% of the ball pitches outside leg stump, it's an instant not out regardless of unpires call?
Why - because it happened, we know where it pitched.
And we also know where it first impacted.
But the same reasonable logic isn't applied - instead, like the guess of whether it's hitting the wickets, umpires call becomes an option.

It makes zero sense. If the umpire gave that Latham decision not out, he would still be batting.

How can you have two possible outcomes from a known impact point? Surely the tech can pin point the spot, just like where it pitches, and decide solely off that?

Umpires call is exactly that a judgement it’s not that hard to understand. It’s why they use the reds and oranges in the graphic. It was a 50/50 call that went against the bat, another one will go the other way, that’s cricket. Could always play straight and not play a sweep

So bullshit that entire aspect of DRS. We know precisely where it impacted, just like where it pitched. It either pitched in line, or it didnt.
How much of that ball "impacted" in line with the stumps? Ridiculous.
And that's ignoring the fact a ball turning away after pitching miraculously changes direction and goes straight on after impact
The impact is still decided by a human as the impact is often between frames even with the multiple cameras used for eagle eye. Hence there is a margin of error and umpires call.

Where it pitched can also be caught between frames as well but the ball is on a natural trajectory for pitching so they can calculate it with enough accuracy to not need umpires call whereas impact is somewhat random due to the batter.

The impact is still decided by a human as the impact is often between frames even with the multiple cameras used for eagle eye. Hence there is a margin of error and umpires call.

Where it pitched can also be caught between frames as well but the ball is on a natural trajectory for pitching so they can calculate it with enough accuracy to not need umpires call whereas impact is somewhat random due to the batter.
In between frames? We are told that they use 6 ultra high speed, 1000fps cameras. How can there possibly be "between frames"? Obviously there technically is, but even at the balls speed, the distance travelled in-between two of these frames would be miniscule.

Have any of the operators in recent times confirmed that they still hand plot the impact point? That's a huge flaw in the system if one technician from the home countries broadcaster is choosing that point of impact (or any single person for that matter)

In between frames? We are told that they use 6 ultra high speed, 1000fps cameras. How can there possibly be "between frames"? Obviously there technically is, but even at the balls speed, the distance travelled in-between two of these frames would be miniscule.

Have any of the operators in recent times confirmed that they still hand plot the impact point? That's a huge flaw in the system if one technician from the home countries broadcaster is choosing that point of impact (or any single person for that matter)
Yeah they showed that they did on a Fox segment with Mark Howard last year. I didn't realise they did until that segment.

I know you're very passionate about this so I'll see if I can find it for you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Test India v New Zealand (3 Tests)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back