Injury Injuries 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Was that on 7? Just saw Stevos tweet
Think we all expected it, but I'm getting pretty sick of the different dialogue coming from the club
The club said he would be in a boot for 6-8 weeks and then reassessed. Clearly he's not expected to be ready to go directly after that time so they're only relaying to the public what they know, because it's not a normal healing injury.

Have to play the long game with Marcus but geez, it'd be handy if he could get a decent run at it. Just as he was stringing a decent amount of games together this happens...

The club said he would be in a boot for 6-8 weeks and then reassessed. Clearly he's not expected to be ready to go directly after that time so they're only relaying to the public what they know, because it's not a normal healing injury.
Get that
They have clearly told him 10-12 so why not tell us the same

Get that
They have clearly told him 10-12 so why not tell us the same
Because the nature of the injury is that the healing time can differ as it's in a difficult one to manage. The club has told Marcus that 10-12 weeks is the best case scenario but it may end up more depending on the process. If the club releases the info that he's back in 10-12 and he's not, then you have certain supporters calling them incompetent and poor at their job. They should only ever release information that they're certain on.

Because the nature of the injury is that the healing time can differ as it's in a difficult one to manage. The club has told Marcus that 10-12 weeks is the best case scenario but it may end up more depending on the process. If the club releases the info that he's back in 10-12 and he's not, then you have certain supporters calling them incompetent and poor at their job. They should only ever release information that they're certain on.
Then if he's been told 10-12 is the best case scenario, why tell us they'll reassess in 6-8 weeks?

Then if he's been told 10-12 is the best case scenario, why tell us they'll reassess in 6-8 weeks?
Because they will reassess in 6-8 weeks and determine if it's healed enough to be able to come back in 10-12 weeks. It's clearly not a normal injury with a specific timeframe. It could be 10-12 weeks but it could easily be the whole year as well.

"Bell said the 23-year old will be reassessed in six to eight weeks’ time, when the club will be able to determine a timeline for his return.""

They've given Marcus an optimistic time frame but it's obvious the club won't know that exact time frame for a return until a later date.

Fair enough
His injury has just got me in a bad mood haha. Rate him very highly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Webb is injured?!

Did i miss that?
I only hope its the sort of 'injury' that keeps him out of a Sunday VFL game only to wind up in Adelaide on Friday night (along with T Boyd and Libba). But I heard somewhere ankle. Does anyone have more info?

I only hope its the sort of 'injury' that keeps him out of a Sunday VFL game only to wind up in Adelaide on Friday night (along with T Boyd and Libba). But I heard somewhere ankle. Does anyone have more info?
Injured it last VFL game. Was named in sundays VFL game but didnt quite pull up so was left out

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Injuries 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back