Injuries on the young players doing damage to future?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 16, 2007
9th
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dimma's wife
Seeing alot of young guns go down in games is hard to watch
So much hope and expectation in the hearts of footy fans hoping to see this young player become a 300 game superstar for their club.

Watching Ziebell get carried off the ground sparked something in my mind
Without that broken leg, could he have had the possibility to become even better in future without this major injury delaying progress

Seeing players like Cotchin gets me pumped because he has obvious talent and is a gun for his age, but is currently playing with no pre seaons and very little fitness. If it were not for those injuries, could he be developing earlier and will these injuries cause him to not be as good as he possibly could one day?

in ziebells case with his injury you would think it wouldnt be reoccuing so it wouldnt have that great of an impact on him in the long term. As he is still a boy, he can spent time developing in the gym,football knowledge etc etc. muscle injuries etc can be cause for concern because they are more likely to reoccur.

In America, like NFL, the players dont really get drafted till early 20's. However their players do play till later in life.

While in AFL you can be ready to play earlier.

A broken bone is fairly common injury, actually, I rather break my leg than do a hammy.

yeah once you do a hammy your more susceptiable to doing it again and again as is the case with some afl players eg rob harvey... rebreaking the same leg in the same spot isnt likely to reoccur! id say it wont have any serious repercussions for ziebell, should be a gun!

Cotchin is an interesting case !

He will obviously be a very good player, although I am unsure whether he will become an outstanding player.

In saying that - His first 2 seasons have been affected by limited pre-seasons.

Cotchin does appear more of a pure midfielder than Deledio.

Cotchin is an interesting case !

He will obviously be a very good player, although I am unsure whether he will become an outstanding player.

In saying that - His first 2 seasons have been affected by limited pre-seasons.

Cotchin does appear more of a pure midfielder than Deledio.

Mayb eI'm getting my hopes up about Cotchin for nothing ? I have this vision of him being captain and getting B&F's and AA selections

Deledio spent so much time through pre-AFL up in the forward line, why they dragged him to midfield i'm not quite sure?

Perhaps someone else knows

Seeing alot of young guns go down in games is hard to watch
So much hope and expectation in the hearts of footy fans hoping to see this young player become a 300 game superstar for their club.

Watching Ziebell get carried off the ground sparked something in my mind
Without that broken leg, could he have had the possibility to become even better in future without this major injury delaying progress

Seeing players like Cotchin gets me pumped because he has obvious talent and is a gun for his age, but is currently playing with no pre seaons and very little fitness. If it were not for those injuries, could he be developing earlier and will these injuries cause him to not be as good as he possibly could one day?

news_imagesize.asp

I OWN THIS DISCUSSION!!!

It's worse when you don't see them and they get injured, Sam Blease for example he got injured at school and we haven't even been able to see him at Casey and James Strauss who I was looking forward too seeing in the latter stages of the season is out with a shoulder injury.

If there's a silver lining for a team like North who had their gun first round draft pick go down with an injury it's that they got a taste of what he can do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injuries on the young players doing damage to future?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back