Injury Injury Updates 2018 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury update ...

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/ne...date-round-20?camefrom=EMCL_2425309_108054566
AFL

Dougal Howard – hand (test)

Jimmy Toumpas – wrist (test)

Trent McKenzie – concussion (assess)

Karl Amon – knee (1-2 weeks)

Todd Marshall – foot (2-3 weeks)

Emmanuel Irra – knee (season)

Matthew Broadbent - foot (season)

Joel Garner – shoulder (season)

Willem Drew – heel (season)

Hamish Hartlett – knee (season)

Injury update ...

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/ne...date-round-20?camefrom=EMCL_2425309_108054566
AFL

Dougal Howard – hand (test)

Jimmy Toumpas – wrist (test)

Trent McKenzie – concussion (assess)

Karl Amon – knee (1-2 weeks)

Todd Marshall – foot (2-3 weeks)

Emmanuel Irra – knee (season)

Matthew Broadbent - foot (season)

Joel Garner – shoulder (season)

Willem Drew – heel (season)

Hamish Hartlett – knee (season)
Marshall was supposed to be 1 week away and now it's 3. Just call his season off, he's clearly struggling to get through it.

Edit: Atley (Back) and Hayes (Knee) should be on there.

Worth noting that the Maggies have a bye so guys like Marshall, McKenzie, Atley, Amon, Toumpas etc get an extra weeks rest before the final 2 games of the season.
The concern is though even if we do make the finals, will any of these backup players actually be ready to go. I'd hate to bring Marshall back in after 6 weeks out, straight into an AFL final. These depth injuries could really come back to bite us.

I will back our fitness guys in. I'm pretty sure there are no examples of us bringing in a player who could not run out a game or had a reoccurance of an injury. Paddy aside (we know we are managing him).Todd if fit would drop straight back in and I don't place that much value on finding touch in sanfl level games they probably get better workouts at training.

The concern is though even if we do make the finals, will any of these backup players actually be ready to go. I'd hate to bring Marshall back in after 6 weeks out, straight into an AFL final. These depth injuries could really come back to bite us.

From the people that didn’t play in the showdown. Howard and Sam Gray are the only ones I’d strongly consider.

Neade and Thomas if we needed to reach into our depth further.

Trengove, Amon, Johnson and Barry are probably my next tier but I wouldn’t pick any of these 4 myself for a final.

Marshall and Atley I think we should rule out due to being cooked.

Frampton, Toumpas, Ladhams, Patmore, McKenzie, Hewett, Snelling a definite no to them playing in a final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, but as if the club and Hinkley would admit not picking Frampton and making Dixon do too much rucking was a contributing factor.
Have you actually seen the incident? It clearly wasn't a contributing factor.

Have you actually seen the incident? It clearly wasn't a contributing factor.
If he's been doing lots of rucking, then it could have left him more susceptible to an ankle injury, by weakened/fatigued muscles/tendons around the area. Would it still have occurred? Who knows, but I don't think you can just say 'No' definitively.

If he's been doing lots of rucking, then it could have left him more susceptible to an ankle injury, by weakened/fatigued muscles/tendons around the area. Would it still have occurred? Who knows, but I don't think you can just say 'No' definitively.
Yes 200kgs+ of bodies landing on a leg and ankle could be avoided by being less fatigued.

You half-sentient turnip. I'm sure your leg would be fine dropping 200kg weight ontop of it.

Real issues with Charlie D he is an injury waiting to happen. Always carry the expectation something is going to happen to him. The injury he sustained against the eagles imo came because of to much expectation on himself which in my estimation makes him even more vurnerable.

I can't wait for someone to drag up Dixon's supposed behavioural issues at GCS, and associate them with his time here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back