In's and Outs V's Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

^^^^ nobby finally someone agrees, i have been saying it all year about laycock... not a ruckman

wheres NLM hmmm

if you honestley think that midfield will be up there with the best in a few years you have mental problems, we have the worst midfield in the AFL by far, we got smashed there today and get smashed there most weeks

What are you slow, few cans short of a whole six pack. Firstly, I never stated in this quoted post that our midfield will be up with the best in a few years. Secondly I get excited just by watching Lovett when he streem through the GUTS. Add Nash showing good signs, and well we all know what stanton can do. The post was only two lines you could have took the time to read it. two of the player s I mentioned did not even play in port game.

As for how good our midfield will be in a few years it is pretty hard to predict that far ahead in afl these days. However I reckon we could have great midfield in a few years if the potential we have now keeps developing.

Under your user name where it says club: you wrote essendon. I don't believe it. you sound like a poser to me mate.

I don't understand why monfries isn't playing as a small forward and kicking goals, he marks well, and leads well and can crumb. Tough to match up on up forward...

I don't understand why monfries isn't playing as a small forward and kicking goals, he marks well, and leads well and can crumb. Tough to match up on up forward...

Beacuse we dont have a decent midfield that can deliver to a small leading forward. We end up pushing our HF's up the field to play as midfielders...

Monfries would probably look like a star if he had Judd, Dal Santo or Hodge delivering to him lace up!!

Ive been calling for him to be dropped since about rd 6. Good to see people are finally coming to the realisation that he is getting by on reputation alone. drop him to the 2nds for a couple of weeks and try to get some form and confidence into him.

Beacuse we dont have a decent midfield that can deliver to a small leading forward. We end up pushing our HF's up the field to play as midfielders...

Monfries would probably look like a star if he had Judd, Dal Santo or Hodge delivering to him lace up!!
Winders is a very good deliverer of the ball inside 50. One of the best going around IMO True we dont have any others really. Heff is probably next inline, but he just doesnt get enought of it. Hopefully Nash, Lovett and Jetta can improve this aspect of the game.

Monfries simply doesnt present, or when he does, he goes out wide and tries a hollywood kick - EVERY TIME!

rama rama rama and lovett murray and stanton iam serious about rama is he can be best on in the vfl there is no reason why he wouldn't be playing next game. Jay Nash only a matter of time before people start to notice him he's going to be a star the next priddis no1 notices him yet will dominate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rama rama rama and lovett murray and stanton iam serious about rama is he can be best on in the vfl there is no reason why he wouldn't be playing next game. Jay Nash only a matter of time before people start to notice him he's going to be a star the next priddis no1 notices him yet will dominate.
You mean apart from the fact that Neagle will be off the LTI by then so there is no room to elevate Rama ;)

Winders is a very good deliverer of the ball inside 50. One of the best going around IMO True we dont have any others really. Heff is probably next inline, but he just doesnt get enought of it. Hopefully Nash, Lovett and Jetta can improve this aspect of the game.

Monfries simply doesnt present, or when he does, he goes out wide and tries a hollywood kick - EVERY TIME!

Up until this year Wonder Chuck as he was fondly known didnt know how to kick the footy. His is noweher near the other list of players I just mentioned....I hope you mean going around at EFC and not AFL! Hopefully you are right about Nash, Lovett and Jetta - althouh I expext Nash's role is more of an attacking HBF than a midfield ball carrier and deliverer......

Winderlich is a very good kick on the run. Maybe you have been watching someone else. His kicking inside 50 is good beacuse he keeps the ball low so it is more beneficial for players on the lead. In general play there are better kicks, but going inside 50, Winders is the best at Essendon.

Out: Hille, Heffernan, Monfries
In: Bradley, Stanton, Campo

I am a big monfries fan but he does seem to be down on confidence a little and i think a return to the vfl will do him the world of good. Should be able to play half forward and rotate through the midfield.

I would keep bolton in. hopefully there is a match up for him. maybe he can run with bruce? or play up forward and use his run and height and see if he can play the monfries role of a lead up half forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

In's and Outs V's Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back