Insightful Media Coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, I let out a big f**k you Collingwood, and thought we were gone, again, having used up all our petrol tickets making up the 5 goal deficit.
Our 2018 premiers will go into the history books as one of the most resilient teams ever.

No Naitanui, no Gaff, no Shep, no EMac

Was definitely a team that played with heart

Those two goals, that was a really awful feeling when they got the second

I've spent more time at the MCG than I probably want to think about - cricket, soccer, footy, concerts etc - but I have never heard it as loud as when De Goey roosted that last one from outside of fifty. The place was shaking.

Not related to the Eagles but I thought this was a really interesting article and gives some insight in to where the game is headed post-covid from someone on the "war cabinet".

“Bear in mind the same tsunami has gone through the AFL’s ranks as has gone through the clubs. At the moment, they’ve got to fight for every dollar, too,” Gordon said.

“Our industry is likely to go into a lot of debt to keep the competition alive, but if we spend it the wrong way, we will have no ability to go back to the well and pay the bills.”

Gordon said clubs complaining about the soft cap falling from $9.7 million to $6.7 million should be asking themselves “not just how do we get down to $6.7 million, but can we afford to pay $6.7 million?”

Asked whether all 18 clubs would survive the crisis, Gordon said: “I don’t think there is any guarantee they all survive, especially if there were to be a second spike. I know that (AFL commission chairman) Richard (Goyder) and Gill have as a priority and as a goal ‘18 clubs in, 18 clubs out’ … but I don’t think it can be guaranteed, and the last thing we need is for any club to be thinking, ‘she’ll be right … the AFL won’t let us go under.’

Last edited by a moderator:
Mod Reminder

A quick reminder to all (and for the newer around here). From the forum rules:

Articles from other sites should be limited to a relevant paragraph or two and a link to the source.

We were red hot on this a few years ago when the site got in trouble with some big media mobs - can I ask everyone to revert to this

FreeTK can you please edit the post above and insert the link - cheers

Mod Reminder

A quick reminder to all (and for the newer around here). From the forum rules:

We were red hot on this a few years ago when the site got in trouble with some big media mobs - can I ask everyone to revert to this

FreeTK can you please edit the post above and insert the link - cheers

Did Michael Warner lodge a complaint or something?

Is that better?

Did Michael Warner lodge a complaint or something?

Is that better?
Not to this one specifically, but I have noticed it creeping back in. There were copyright threats a few years ago. It's particularly troublesome now with paywalls like on the one you posted.

And I've fixed it for you now ;)

This isnt a bad read, bobbed up on my FB. He's got the 05/06 thing right

Indeed, a very good read.
Watching Pavlitch do his best to motivate Fremantle in 2013 made me wonder how his career would have panned out if he’d played for a real AFL team.

Great read. He nailed it for the Hawks 3 peat. They were a step ahead of the competition and won so convincingly that none of the GFs are entertaining games. The media gushing was nauseating at the time. He also makes such insightful point about Lyon and Clarkson being similar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks were well on top that day Vs Freo. Would’ve been a different story if Freo kicked straight
Freo should have been six or seven goals down at half time with the game over. Instead the blustery conditions of that day (which suited freos chaos defensive game style) prevented Hawthorn punishing their pathetic first half fully and kept them in the game, which they took advantage of in the third quarter. The game was well and truly up for grabs in the last but iirc a few flukey Hawks goals killed the game. Which I am thankful for!

Remove this Banner Ad

Insightful Media Coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

Back