News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Was surprised to hear near to the end him saying he doesn't really have any friends in WA who're outside the footy club. He's been living here for 11 years...no parents at their kids schools?

And the player managers or parents giving him a call after one of their players or sons have copped a spray or been dropped stunned me...well, not quite the player manager part because that's their job if their clients are being crybabies about something, but the parents?! Seriously...what the hell? Entitlement off the charts. I'd be embarrassed if I was those players.
Must be the parents of those private school kid recruitments.

Everyone relax. It was clearly just someone who went down for a trundle in the absence of Keys.

Really surprised the "training notes" haven't been added to this thread yet but with a red Jeep flavour.

It's a pretty intense job that involves a lot of weekend work

He also strikes me as a bit of an introvert
Also a family man with a young family. Any time he actually got away from the club I am sure he would have committed to his family.
I know I'd have to if I didn't want to be single again 🤣

Really surprised the "training notes" haven't been added to this thread yet but with a red Jeep flavour.

Jeep Venables

Glad to hear Will be honest about why he comes across as bitter towards the club. Players only get one career and it’s understandable that he feels he could’ve got a bit more out of his.
Yet to watch interview but Will needs to be content. Played nearly 200 games and Won a flag. He was lucky to win a flag cause of Shep and he was lucky to play that many games due to Eric Mackenzie ACL.

The whole Emac injury has been a massive turning point. Bloke was one of the best key backs in the league at the time and looked like he wS improving each year before he done his knee. Was no where close to what he was after and it ended up his career short. Tho we would have never discovered Gov of that didn’t occur.

This must be the blessing/curse of a 20 cause Cox had the same thing happen with Gardiner

Yet to watch interview but Will needs to be content. Played nearly 200 games and Won a flag. He was lucky to win a flag cause of Shep and he was lucky to play that many games due to Eric Mackenzie ACL.

The whole Emac injury has been a massive turning point. Bloke was one of the best key backs in the league at the time and looked like he wS improving each year before he done his knee. Was no where close to what he was after and it ended up his career short. Tho we would have never discovered Gov of that didn’t occur.

This must be the blessing/curse of a 20 cause Cox had the same thing happen with Gardiner

Emac will always have crashing into the post vs Port.
Oh, and that game winning goal vs Saints.

EDIT: plus being knocked out smothering the ball.

What a brilliant top 3 career moments - ultimate team man!

Glad to hear Will be honest about why he comes across as bitter towards the club. Players only get one career and it’s understandable that he feels he could’ve got a bit more out of his.

He's ok with the guy that kept dropping him but angry with the club about it?

I'm actually OK with most of his WC commentary but this doesn't really make sense as a reason to be bitter at the club

He's ok with the guy that kept dropping him but angry with the club about it?
He never said he's angry with the club, he said he finds it hard to be a fan.

And his professional relationship with Simmo and his personal relationship are very separate things.

Probably more than 90% of AFL footballers would take those stats in a heartbeat. If WScho is not content with that then maybe he needs some help.

With those stats you’re probably in the top 10% of all AFL footballers -ever - and the top 0.1% of all footballers.

Not everyone can have Dusty Martin stats, Will. Be grateful for a great career.

(The stats are absolute guesswork.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schofield should also be proud of his performance. Was incredible in every single contest he was involved in, absolutely fantastic performance that rivalled Shuey's.

Pretty sure he literally won every contest he had (statistically), but it was more than that as he also won most contests from positions that didn't favour him.

One of my favourite plays of the whole grand final is in the 2nd quarter, with about 07:00 on the clock.

De Goey kicks it inside 50, Schofield has to change direction, Mihocek running into an open f50 with Gov trailing him, Schofield after having changed direction somehow accelerates enough to close both down, bump Mihocek off the ball and immediately afterwards on the way through lays a hand on the bouncing ball to paddle it to Hurn's advantage, allowing him to professionally rush a behind.

10/10 play, the speed, the bump and coordination to get the hand on the ball to paddle it out at the same time with an awkwardly bouncing ball was next level.

Found it here actually in this video at 0:51

Schofield should also be proud of his performance. Was incredible in every single contest he was involved in, absolutely fantastic performance that rivalled Shuey's.

Pretty sure he literally won every contest he had (statistically), but it was more than that as he also won most contests from positions that didn't favour him.

One of my favourite plays of the whole grand final is in the 2nd quarter, with about 07:00 on the clock.

De Goey kicks it inside 50, Schofield has to change direction, Mihocek running into an open f50 with Gov trailing him, Schofield after having changed direction somehow accelerates enough to close both down, bump Mihocek off the ball and immediately afterwards on the way through lays a hand on the bouncing ball to paddle it to Hurn's advantage, allowing him to professionally rush a behind.

10/10 play, the speed, the bump and coordination to get the hand on the ball to paddle it out at the same time with an awkwardly bouncing ball was next level.

Found it here actually in this video at 0:51

What a great highlights package. Shame he can’t find it in him to support the club he clearly gave his all too.

Emac will always have crashing into the post vs Port.
Oh, and that game winning goal vs Saints.

EDIT: plus being knocked out smothering the ball.

What a brilliant top 3 career moments - ultimate team man!

Cheeky John Worsfold Medal in 2014 too, very unlucky to miss out on all Australian selection that year

I forget on which platform it was, maybe shelter cast, Schofield mentions he respected a norm smith in a winning team more than anything else.

When at the ground I absolutely thought he was a going to win it too.

Wonder how that would have changed things. Shuey would have retired never having AA, best and fastest, or Norm, while the guy who is constantly dropped and on minimum pay gets the win.

Probably more than 90% of AFL footballers would take those stats in a heartbeat. If WScho is not content with that then maybe he needs some help.

With those stats you’re probably in the top 10% of all AFL footballers -ever - and the top 0.1% of all footballers.

He played 194 games, plus however many Pre-Season games he played which would've gotten him the 200 game AFL life membership. So yes, he had the career 95% of AFL footballers and just footballers in general would dream of.

I still think it burns him that he never got a retirement lap of Optus. That's something the club should definitely rectify, whenever it's brought up on BackChat he's like 'the club says it's been too long now blah blah blah, but it isn't too long for me..' Which is fair enough, the fans don't have pea brain memories, we remember the guy and remember the fact he played arguably his best ever game in the 18 Granny..give him his lap ffs.

He mustn't hate the club that much if he came out of retirement to play a WAFL game for them when they had no numbers last year. 90% of the time when he criticises West Coast it's been well and truly deserved. But because he doesn't defend their piss poor efforts, 30 point scoring games and constant 80 point losses then fans think he hates the club.

He played 194 games, plus however many Pre-Season games he played which would've gotten him the 200 game AFL life membership. So yes, he had the career 95% of AFL footballers and just footballers in general would dream of.

I still think it burns him that he never got a retirement lap of Optus. That's something the club should definitely rectify, whenever it's brought up on BackChat he's like 'the club says it's been too long now blah blah blah, but it isn't too long for me..' Which is fair enough, the fans don't have pea brain memories, we remember the guy and remember the fact he played arguably his best ever game in the 18 Granny..give him his lap ffs.

He mustn't hate the club that much if he came out of retirement to play a WAFL game for them when they had no numbers last year. 90% of the time when he criticises West Coast it's been well and truly deserved. But because he doesn't defend their piss poor efforts, 30 point scoring games and constant 80 point losses then fans think he hates the club.
We just want one biased prick pissing out.
He has noticed how Pav gets up or down at games, and every other club has their talking heads. Can't we have one!

If Schoey hadn't won a flag he wouldn't have his current career. No-one is listening to a fringe Player's podcast and the club wouldn't be giving him the gigs they are. Neither would Fox.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back