News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

That was a great listen

Things went pear shaped at the end but he retained his dignity throughout a really difficult time and without seeming to be remotely bitter that he got moved on

Loved the bit about being 5 beers deep watching the footy and yelling like the rest of us nuffies

He’s a good man

Both Part 1 and 2 are excellent listens.
They really do a good job of really letting you into some more interesting parts of what Simmo is like as a person and how he coaches.
I also love that Schoey was able to do the interview without seeming salty.
Simmo has a very dry sense of humor and i'm 100% here for it.

Some nice notes I took away from it:
1. Friends, Family, Flags was player driven, by JK at least.
2. Simmo asking Nissie if he should just say their leaving the hubs whether the AFL wants it or not in the presser was great to hear.

Both Part 1 and 2 are excellent listens.
They really do a good job of really letting you into some more interesting parts of what Simmo is like as a person and how he coaches.
I also love that Schoey was able to do the interview without seeming salty.
Simmo has a very dry sense of humor and i'm 100% here for it.

Some nice notes I took away from it:
1. Friends, Family, Flags was player driven, by JK at least.
2. Simmo asking Nissie if he should just say their leaving the hubs whether the AFL wants it or not in the presser was great to hear.

Was interesting he said he can’t Barack for west coast coast because of the anger he felt as a dropped player

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

was simmo talking about anyone from here when he mentioned the bloke in the red jeep that films closed training

Think he was talking about an opposition scout

Was interesting he said he can’t Barack for west coast coast because of the anger he felt as a dropped player

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah didn’t make a lot of sense tbh, he always seems like he’s unfulfilled with his career and is a bit woe is me , always bringing up being dropped all the time , mate you played near 200 games in a 14 year career and won a bloody premiership.

It must piss off guys like Nicnat , gaff and shep that probably would kill to be part of that side in 2018.

Yeah didn’t make a lot of sense tbh, he always seems like he’s unfulfilled with his career and is a bit woe is me , always bringing up being dropped all the time , mate you played near 200 games in a 14 year career and won a bloody premiership.

It must piss off guys like Nicnat , gaff and shep that probably would kill to be part of that side in 2018.
witnessed some very strange interaction with happy supporters after the 2018GF - on the boundary fence. Not a normal person

Parents and managers contacting the club when people get dropped is pretty revealing.

Have a few minutes left but would love to know he sledge simo gave him to use in the GF.

I couldn’t believe that when he mentioned it. Or the fact the player managers would ring Gavin Bell if Simmo gave their player a spray.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have a few minutes left but would love to know he sledge simo gave him to use in the GF.

Yeh was interesting that bit, they were very careful not to say too much but assume it was directed towards De Goey seeing as he was Schoey’s man…love for that to come out one day down the line!

witnessed some very strange interaction with happy supporters after the 2018GF - on the boundary fence. Not a normal person
Explain Facebook Live GIF

That was a great listen

Things went pear shaped at the end but he retained his dignity throughout a really difficult time and without seeming to be remotely bitter that he got moved on

Loved the bit about being 5 beers deep watching the footy and yelling like the rest of us nuffies

He’s a good man

Was surprised to hear near to the end him saying he doesn't really have any friends in WA who're outside the footy club. He's been living here for 11 years...no parents at their kids schools?

And the player managers or parents giving him a call after one of their players or sons have copped a spray or been dropped stunned me...well, not quite the player manager part because that's their job if their clients are being crybabies about something, but the parents?! Seriously...what the hell? Entitlement off the charts. I'd be embarrassed if I was those players.

Was surprised to hear near to the end him saying he doesn't really have any friends in WA who're outside the footy club. He's been living here for 11 years...no parents at their kids schools?

And the player managers or parents giving him a call after one of their players or sons have copped a spray or been dropped stunned me...well, not quite the player manager part because that's their job if their clients are being crybabies about something, but the parents?! Seriously...what the hell? Entitlement off the charts. I'd be embarrassed if I was those players.

I guess the job as head coach is kinda all encompassing and wouldn’t leave a lot of spare time to make new friends. He’d maybe also be wary of trusting new people enough to form strong friendships given the nature of his job - he does seem a quite guarded person

The other thing was in part one he mentioned how he was friendly with the playing group but had a pretty tight group of really good mates that wasn’t particularly big

As for players parents phoning him, that was a real WTF moment especially when he said it was common. Does make you wonder if that’s a factor in list decisions when they get made

Winder's Dad has a lot to answer for

A really good listen, that Simmo/Schofield podcast. D Constable coming out of his shell asking better questions.
Probably the only time I haven't heard Schofield banging on about backmen being the gurus that win everything apart from individual awards.
The 'woe is me" defender shize is a little annoying. Tiresome.
'If not for Brad Sheppard, I might not be a premiership hero' is probably closer
Thankfully, didn't hear this.
Like Will's stuff mostly...occasionally goes too far the other way trying to be impartial
Simmo, bleeds blue n gold.

Well Simmo did make the joke around only drafting private school kids. As parents go they tend be the most “involved” in their child’s sport. :)
Obviously continues into adulthood.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Back