Irish crying continues with calls to scrap the series

Remove this Banner Ad

Horsebox said:
A definite contradiction I'm afraid Cos789. Jumped out at me when I read it bearing in mind your earlier post about politics etc. Its a bit much to suggest other people are out of their depth on this subject just because you tied yourself in a knot.

No , not at all , I said Australian Football was above relgion and politics , as in pecking order . You took it that I meant Australian Football was above being INVOLVED in politics .

cos789 said:
No , not at all , I said Australian Football was above relgion and politics , as in pecking order . You took it that I meant Australian Football was above being INVOLVED in politics .

Straws......grasping.......at. And it only took three days to come up with an excuse for your contradictory comments. Fool.

Toots Hibbert said:
It's Belgian. The head is due to the amount of malt I think. If you pour it carefully down the side of the glass you should not have a problem. I think you'll find there's plenty of fluid there. One drink of this and you'll know about it. Two drinks and you definitely shouldn't drive.

Toots has a point Clash, I work alot in Belgium and they have the best beers in the world ( My favourite tippel is stil Guinness but I'm afraid the pint in some "trendy" pubs in Dublin is rank!) ...almost 600 different types. Chimay is a Trappist beer...made by monks..these boys just pray, make beer and pray again. It comes in a number of varieties from dark to light and the strength goes up as the colour lightens up to a Trippel which is a golden beer with about 10-12% alcohol. A couple of these babies and you know all about it!! Belgians drink this stuff nice and slow ...btw each beer has its own unique glass. You can get these beers as well as some of the aussie beers mentioned in the Porterhouse pubs in Dublin...well worth checking out...Jaysus I know too much about this stuff to be healthy...

Let_it_long said:
Straws......grasping.......at. And it only took three days to come up with an excuse for your contradictory comments.

I'm sorry that you don't understand plain english . oh , I forgot you hate the english , I guess that goes for the language as well .Just because your frustrated with the english language doesn't mean you have to use the lowest form . Try a little harder and you might not be negative all the time .

cos789 said:
Maybe to someone who has no idea of Australian history .
Just because Australian football is more important than politics and relgion doesn't mean it has been affected by them .

Again , you should start reading up on Australian history before posting because you are way out of your depth . The AFL itself is very young , it has inherited a situation and already in a short space of time the AFL has done much to erase the defficiencies you raise .
Don't make the mistake of equating AFL with Australian Football .

cos, I am interested in the AFL, but know little about the historical divide along State Lines in tems of people in QLD and NSW having a bias against rules football. Rules football complimented cricket, which is the top game in Oz(?), so I find it hard to understand why QLD and NSW were/are so against rules (is it an old colonial thing?). Could you advise any history sources that might advise. It is hard to separate sport completely from politics as both run deep with the people.

updaharps said:
cos, I am interested in the AFL, but know little about the historical divide along State Lines in tems of people in QLD and NSW having a bias against rules football. Rules football complimented cricket, which is the top game in Oz(?), so I find it hard to understand why QLD and NSW were/are so against rules (is it an old colonial thing?). Could you advise any history sources that might advise. It is hard to separate sport completely from politics as both run deep with the people.

Football was developed during the goldrushes 1850s.
It spread to all states . The rules were adhoc and were experimented with constantly .Firstly SA and Vic. agreed to common rules and these were taken up by the other states . Each state had it's own league , primarily city based . Football (as it was known ) was drawing big crowds .Rugby was popular in NSW and QLD but what we know as Australian Football was still number one . Then two things happened . Rugby League was formed and attracted players with more money . It was common for players to start out playing AR then switch to RL when they became heavier .Then in both NSW and QLD the governments deemed rugby only to be played in schools and the game died within a generation . The NSWFL and the QAFL still continued but were a shadow of their former leagues .Today they are rebuilding rapidily .
Mid last century two things happened . The VFL became all powerful and sucked talent from all other leagues .Then one of the founding clubs was heading for oblivion so they relocated to Sydney .Then a QLD AFL side was formed .So the pressure mounted for an Australia wide comp so the other football states added two new teams each .
So the AFL was born .Prior to the AFL the NFLA was the top body but it didn't have any power over the the state leagues .
Of course when the AFL was formed the RL had to do something so it formed a league around it's heartland , much smaller in size ,but with population .

cos789 said:
I'm sorry that you don't understand plain english . oh , I forgot you hate the english , I guess that goes for the language as well .Just because your frustrated with the english language doesn't mean you have to use the lowest form . Try a little harder and you might not be negative all the time .

Hmmm. For someone who seems to think the rest of us are a bit too slow to grasp what you're on about it's interesting to see that you're not beyond a bit of mindless stereotyping.

cos789 said:

When you edited my post you left out the most important part, the part where I informed you, you are a FOOL . There was a reason for that and every time you post just confirms it.

updaharps said:
Toots has a point Clash, I work alot in Belgium and they have the best beers in the world ( My favourite tippel is stil Guinness but I'm afraid the pint in some "trendy" pubs in Dublin is rank!) ...almost 600 different types. Chimay is a Trappist beer...made by monks..these boys just pray, make beer and pray again. It comes in a number of varieties from dark to light and the strength goes up as the colour lightens up to a Trippel which is a golden beer with about 10-12% alcohol. A couple of these babies and you know all about it!! Belgians drink this stuff nice and slow ...btw each beer has its own unique glass. You can get these beers as well as some of the aussie beers mentioned in the Porterhouse pubs in Dublin...well worth checking out...Jaysus I know too much about this stuff to be healthy...

But i didn´t disagree with him about the beer. I simply stated the fact that guinness is the best drink in the world.

Bad guinness doesn´t count :p

belfast_bomber said:
hey what a coincidence, I was in the porterhouse last night for the first time in years, drinking chimay too. good call

this is a much better tangent than which type of football was codified first

Well whatever about Belgium having the best beer heres a FACT for you.

France has the WORST Hotels in the world with the WORST bars and the WORST selection of drinks.

Im in France with work the last week, how does a bar in France run out of beer AND wine ? In France ??

I musta drank the place out of ********ty bottles of brown german beer and the rest of them drank it out of wine.

******** hole.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Irish crying continues with calls to scrap the series

Remove this Banner Ad

Back