Is Brisbane the worst top two side ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

You still haven't answered the question why haven't the lions been put in a interstate hub like every other team don't give me it advantages some.

We played our first final interstate last year.And yeah the fact is we do share the G and it makes a difference your at your home base more often so it affects fixtures that's a matter of fact.

what do you want to hear mate, I’m not the f***ing AFL. If I was do you think I’d be banging on to you on this forum? How the hell do I answer that question?

the fact is they haven’t, and given that they’re in probably the safest place in Australia at the moment I’d be inclined to let them stay there too.

It is a f***ed up season wrecked by a social and biological disaster that has impacted life on a scale that no one under the age of 80 has had to deal with before, and your gripe is with one team not having to stay at hotel resorts for a while?

as stipulated already, until you sterilise the entire comp, it’s rosters, the drafts, the ground, and find a way to manipulate geography to have every team spaced evenly apart, you cannot get an even competition, and your club, my club, and many other clubs have benefitted from that imbalance in the past so excuse me if I think it’s a bit f***ing rich for a fan of one of the teams who benefits most from the natural inequalities of the competition to moan endlessly about another team who isn’t even getting that much of a leg up.

By then end of this they would have played 8 at the gabba. No different than us playing 8 at the Adelaide oval.
WC and Port haven't played 8 at A0, let alone 14 or whatever in the same state.

I don't see why one team got it so easy, why didn't the other 6 non QLD/Vic teams get a cosy run too?

the fact is they haven’t, and given that they’re in probably the safest place in Australia at the moment I’d be inclined to let them stay there too.

Safest place in Australia ? Not sure how you work that out. There’s three or 4 stares an territories with less cases so how do you justify that comment.

Because they're not from QLD... where the competition is being based out of.....
There's no reason why Port couldn't have had more too.

We've got teams here.

I just hope for consistency across the board, no different to picking on Richmond last season.

There's no reason why Port couldn't have had more too.

We've got teams here.

I just hope for consistency across the board, no different to picking on Richmond last season.

the thing is most people with a brain understand geography and don’t genuinely look at Richmond and see a team who succeeded because of a draw. 22 players line up on 22 players. It’s that simple

the thing is most people with a brain understand geography and don’t genuinely look at Richmond and see a team who succeeded because of a draw. 22 players line up on 22 players. It’s that simple
Not leaving the same ground for 3 months helps

There's a reason why the WCE aren't filled with players who played 300 games

Not their fault they draw crowds though.

If you guys played them at home that Final you'd have flogged em.

Where are we going to send Brisbane, they have no opponents to play who are not in SEQLD. They are travelling to Cairns to play sydney which is double the distance than Brisbane to Sydney is ? They played the WA and SA teams first because of the major restrictions we and perth had. This is just what has happened. The bitching is sad.

Clearly the tide will turn (quickly due to the circumstances?), but I was very thankful for the QF match up last year.

They Just seem to not have that 5th gear up when it matters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You do realise we share the MCG with 6 other clubs as a home base I think some people a living under a rock and don't realise that so 2017 and 2019 nothing to do with it.

Maybe your club should deal with it to sooking about not getting a home final and when you did you lost that anyway.

Oh you're one of those people - the MCG isn't a true home ground because other teams play there. Man. Making claims about potential temporary advantages during a pandemic and then without skipping a beat defending the systemic advantages your team receives every season.

WC and Port haven't played 8 at A0, let alone 14 or whatever in the same state.

I don't see why one team got it so easy, why didn't the other 6 non QLD/Vic teams get a cosy run too?

Spot on there.They got a cosy ride by the afl.Then your clubs in the hub that a made to travel to outside the hub interstate while they stay in QLD.

Not leaving the same ground for 3 months helps

There's a reason why the WCE aren't filled with players who played 300 games

Not their fault they draw crowds though.

If you guys played them at home that Final you'd have flogged em.

They got a final there after bitching , Rossy and Freo had other ideas pulled there pants down.To many if's and buts if you got them at home.They fact is they hav done well in finals last couple of years.

Last edited:
Why don't Richmond and Essendon play in Darwin every year to ensure those teams travel as much as others? Because logic would suggest they play in Melbourne, where they are both based. Kind of like how most of the teams in the comp are currently based in Qld (you're welcome btw), including the Lions.
Your missing the point mate why are all clubs in hubs including interstate ones now have been twice accept yours that's point ?. Mate we share our home ground with 6 other clubs maybe check next time so we're bound play at the MCG often.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Clearly the tide will turn (quickly due to the circumstances?), but I was very thankful for the QF match up last year.

They Just seem to not have that 5th gear up when it matters.

Can't say I agree - it was 4.6 to 3.0 at quarter time, as I recall.

Our 5th gear was engaged - our radar, however...

Amusing that supporters of teams like Richmond and Collingwood whining when Brisbane gets an advantage for one year and it’s a big deal.
Why would Richmond and Collingwood supporters whine?

Richmond havent lost to Brisbane at the GABBA since 2004 and have lost to the Lions once in 15 years.

Collingwood record is also VERY strong against the Lions.

Playing in Brisbane is the best outcome for Tigers/Pies.

You make a fine point and although perhaps a harsh title I can't disagree.

I think they'll be able to compete but it wouldn't be shocking if they went out in straight sets again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Brisbane the worst top two side ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back