Is Brisbane the worst top two side ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

With the GF at the Gabba anything less than a premiership is failure
Thats a bit ridiculous. Not only are we still very young with limited finals experience, but tere are 8 teams who will be fighting just as hard as us and all teams have been playing at the Gabba/Brisbane for a fair portion of the season. If all it takes is for the person who plays the GF ground more than others then it would be Vic teams who won it every single season

Thats a bit ridiculous. Not only are we still very young with limited finals experience, but tere are 8 teams who will be fighting just as hard as us and all teams have been playing at the Gabba/Brisbane for a fair portion of the season. If all it takes is for the person who plays the GF ground more than others then it would be Vic teams who won it every single season

All finals at home. Really no excuse.

All finals at home. Really no excuse.
Course there is. If a Vic team was 1st or 2nd on the ladder in a normal season then would there be no excuses for them either? The way you are speaking is that 1st or 2nd on the ladder should aalways win the Cup which often it isn't the way. I reckon next season or the season after is our prime time to go after the cup personally.

Hey ricky112 do u have an answer for this?

It's a little different in Victoria because of the number of teams you have effectively neutral Grand Finals.

I do put an asterisk against the Hawks in 2015 because they lost the first week of the finals to West Coast at Subi.

Hawks didn't earn home advantage for the 2015 Grand Final (Eagles finished higher). Play that GF at Subi and West Coast are premiers.

Same asterisk in 2016 because the GF should have been at Stadium Australia.

In fact, same in 2017 because Adelaide were the higher finishing team and it should have been at the Adelaide Oval.

It's a little different in Victoria because of the number of teams you have effectively neutral Grand Finals.

I do put an asterisk against the Hawks in 2015 because they lost the first week of the finals to West Coast at Subi.

Hawks didn't earn home advantage for the 2015 Grand Final (Eagles finished higher). Play that GF at Subi and West Coast are premiers.

In fact, same in 2017 because Adelaide were the higher finishing team and it should have been at the Adelaide Oval.
If the number of teams neutralise "true home ground advantage" then it is the exact same thing the other way - the number of teams hubbing over in Qld have neutralised "true home gound advantage" for us as quite often they have played more Gabba games than we have.

A better Question may be are Brisbane a home and away side who lack the gears and game plan variety to thrive in the finals,
but that is a long and tedious thread opener and leaves little room for discussion.

How convenient to ignore the fact that there is also no true home ground advantage because of how many teams have played up in QLD for the entire season.
Or does it only work one way?

According to you, every team who won a premiership recently has had an asterix. Haha ok buddy, nice troll.

A better Question may be are Brisbane a home and away side who lack the gears and game plan variety to thrive in the finals,
but that is a long and tedious thread opener and leaves little room for discussion.

Doggies would know about lacking the gears and game plan variety to thrive in finals. I cannot believe the teams you fielded across the mid 2000s did not get a flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doggies would know about lacking the gears and game plan variety to thrive in finals. I cannot believe the teams you fielded across the mid 2000s did not get a flag.
Very true it is not meant as a critique at all of Brisbane, pulpdriver i would have loved to see an improvement in the conversion and
a subtle tweak to the ball movement. You tried Ah Chee back for a pace injection early doors it did not work, now he is forward and
doing ok. There is organic growth for sure and Brisbane have some great players, i just hope you don't find yourself a widget short
because losing prelim after prelim sucks and that's from experience.

Surely after this win tonight we are in the conversation for the best worst team ever? How many more bad wins do you think we need to be amongst it?
I'm sure a bad win in the grand final will see us locked in as the worst premiership team ever. What a horrible thought that would be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Brisbane the worst top two side ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back