Is Damian Hardwick the right coach to lead Richmond forward ???

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps mine will then?

Where does Cotchin go when the game is there to be won? Where is he when the Tigers concede 3 quick goals and the game appears to get away from them? Why does Dustin Martin get most of his possessions running away from goal, in the back half, before swinging onto his right and kicking across field? How are the following players still getting regular games? Batchelor, Grimes, Grigg, Chaplin, Gordon, Morris, Newman... Why have Ben Lennon, Ty Vickery, Reece Conca not developed? Who's idea was it to put Morris in the leadership group, making him probably undroppable? Why is the current gameplan some kind of half arsed "handball and run at all costs", that the players seem to have no idea about, which almost always turns into a turnover on the wing?

The only thing currently saving Dimma's job is that Carlton are simply awful. But looking at the two teams, they are more or less the same, albeit the Tigers are getting ever so slightly more out of their bottom 10...

Round 15 vs the Blues has the makings of the second Kreuzer Cup.
Its his 2nd year....

The most concerning thing at Richmond right now is the forward structure and coaching. We've won the inside 50's every week but can't score. The way Hardwick has us playing right now is a train wreck so discussing what Dunstall said about our players or the list is pointless. By product of the team being strangled by Hardwick is poorer form from the better players, of course.

when everything said is mitigated by "the way they're playing right now" i fail to see the controversy in this statement. But it does make it a pretty weak statement

Their best player (at the moment) is Shane Edwards.

Do any opposition supporters ever think, on their way to the ground when playing Richmond, "Gee, I'm a bit worried about Shane Edwards today. He might really tear us to shreds".

Good, ordinary player. Tigers need more from their stars, and a new coach.

The fact Steve Morris is playing as a small forward is an indictment on the likes of Josh Mellington, Djaran Whyman, Nick Gill and Steven Armstrong.

People in this thread are debating various players' worth as though they are robots who produce the same every week and every year.

Dunstall said he can't consider Cotchin or Martin as A-graders with the way they were playing this year. I think his comment is fairly self-explanatory. He is a football analyst commenting on Richmond's ordinary form this season. Maybe people would be less titillated if he'd worded it as "Cotchin and Martin are considered by many to be Richmond's A-graders, but they're not living up to that billing in 2015."

Nah mate. An A grader is an A grader is any team. That's what makes them an A grader.
A-Grade outside mid - Won't get near it with no inside players to win the ball. Players sometimes play a lot better because of the synergy they develop between their team mates. So this is certainly not necessarily an accurate statement.

Ironic! Richmond's issue is their depth. Griffiths, Astbury, Newman, Hunt, Gordon, McIntosh, Morris, Chaplin, Batchelor, Grimes and Grigg are all limited for one reason or another. All played against North Melbourne on the weekend. That's half of their line-up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Their best player (at the moment) is Shane Edwards.

Do any opposition supporters ever think, on their way to the ground when playing Richmond, "Gee, I'm a bit worried about Shane Edwards today. He might really tear us to shreds".

Good, ordinary player. Tigers need more from their stars, and a new coach.

The fact Steve Morris is playing as a small forward is an indictment on the likes of Josh Mellington, Djaran Whyman, Nick Gill and Steven Armstrong.
You're 100% correct, which is why this whole discussion is stupid

Vlaustin looked like becoming a cert future A Grader in his first season a few years ago, but he has stagnated so badly to the point where I feel he is the most disappointing young player in the game this season.

Is that more a case of Hardwick maybe playing him in the wrong position or another example of Richmond's (very much like Carlton of the past decade) inability to properly develop and nurture young players ?

Beats me why list cloggers like Batchelor and Taylor Hunt are getting games ahead of high draft picks like Lennon and Corey Ellis.

A-Grade outside mid - Won't get near it with no inside players to win the ball. Players sometimes play a lot better because of the synergy they develop between their team mates. So this is certainly not necessarily an accurate statement.

A grader mids can play inside or outside...... That's why they are A graders

Vlaustin looked like becoming a cert future A Grader in his first season a few years ago, but he has stagnated so badly to the point where I feel he is the most disappointing young player in the game this season.

Is that more a case of Hardwick maybe playing him in the wrong position or another example of Richmond's (very much like Carlton of the past decade) inability to properly develop and nurture young players ?

Beats me why list cloggers like Batchelor and Taylor Hunt are getting games ahead of high draft picks like Lennon and Corey Ellis.

**** this argument shits me to tears

Just because a bloke is picked in the top 20 doesnt mean he is a best 22 player straight off the bat, maybe they arent fit enough, maybe they dont defend properly yet

If their is anything Melbourne has proved it is that just throwing high draft picks into a team doesnt mean they will develop

Alex Rance is an A Grade defender. Took till round 4 before he was beaten in a contest. People who say he is overrated clearly don't watch football very closely. How the hell Hardwick didn't start him on Hawkins a couple weeks back is mind boggling. By the time Rance went on Hawkins the damage had been done but he limited Hawkins immediately.

Riewoldt has plenty of ability but is more interested in taking mark of the year or getting a cheapy at the back of a pack. He leads far to often to a pocket - that also might be due to Richmond moving the ball so wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back