Opinion Is Jack Macrae Overrated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Lots of assists and inside 50s but very little scoring himself aligns with someone who doesn’t have kicking range but can hit up a leading forward or teammate alone inside 50.
And a mid who tends to position behind the ball and rarely gets ahead of it. They get more stats, but don't score as much. They're not usually rated as highly as the contested beast mids who regularly position ahead of the ball. Macrae is one of the best behinf the ball mids. But he's not as bullish or as damaging or as highly valued as the ones who get ahead of the ball.

Clangers matter. Turnovers don’t. Turnovers are much more wide variety while Clangers are direct which isn’t good. Doesn’t make or break anything like most stats needs to be used with others. Singular stats mean nothing as a whole they are usually much more represented.
Your Hawks just lost clearances 30 to 54. Centre clearances 8 to 18 and disposals 342 to 416.
Still won the game by 64!!!

Direct footy beats the crap ring a rosie supercoach points, sideways, triangle crap that Macrae plays.

Your Hawks just lost clearances 30 to 54. Centre clearances 8 to 18 and disposals 342 to 416.

Direct footy beats the crap ring a rosie supercoach points, sideways, triangle crap that Macrae plays.
Weird how many score assists and metres gained he gets while apparently only doing crap sideways passes.

Yes but just using clearances stats without using efficiency, Inside 50 efficiency and so on. It makes it look better with less stats. It’s what I said there. You can’t use one or two you have to use more to make them all make sense.

You can't select one player and blame him for the style of footy that his team plays.
Well Kane and Lloydy had a go at him on footy classified so it's not just me .

The thread is not whether he is good.
I think he's a very good footballer.

The thread is about if he is over rated.

My point is he is over rated because many people don't watch games and look at his stats and think he's gun.

That's my argument. He is very good but he ain't a gun.
He's over rated. Footy isn't supercoach points.
Stats over rate him.

My point is he is over rated because many people don't watch games and look at his stats and think he's gun.

Stats over rate him.
He’s not overrated. Because there’s too many saying that he is. He’s a gun. He’s rated pretty highly and has good reason.

There’s a pretty good middle ground between overrated and underrated. He’s also kinda overhated.

He's not a gun.
What is a gun to you? Top 50? Top 20? Top 10? Earlier in the thread you have said things like
If MacRae hits an inside 50 it's a sideways 15m kick to someone on the boundary
Which is clearly not true, you only need to watch his most recent game to see that so it seems like you are underrating him.

The fact most people always say Bont is way better than him suggests to me he is underrated.

Way more consistent than Bont and had more goal assists than him last year (Macrae was 2nd in the league). But yeah, he's not damaging :$

Stats over rate him.
No they don't most people think he's a gun because he's able to accumulate the ball and clearances whilst also delivering passes to targets inside 50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact most people always say Bont is way better than him suggests to me he is underrated.

Way more consistent than Bont and had more goal assists than him last year (Macrae was 2nd in the league). But yeah, he's not damaging :$
Bont is amazingly consistent. When he is not BOG, he is just very good. Week in week out and never misses.

He had the most contested possessions and clearances on the ground, the most tackles for the dogs, a goal and equal second for score involvements.
Well be got zero coaches votes. So the coaches don't rate him

2022 Coaches Votes Leaderboard

25 Patrick Cripps CARL
21 Andrew Brayshaw FRE
21 Jeremy McGovern WCE
20 Christian Petracca MELB
18 Touk Miller GCFC
17 Shai Bolton RICH
17 Jordan De Goey COLL
17 Tom Green GWS
17 Clayton Oliver MELB
16 Changkuoth Jiath HAW