Is Josh Kennedy the best tall forward in the game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Understandable, I guess. I've never really got stuck into opposition supporters after winning a game unless they were carrying on after, but I think the majority of Richmond supporters have acknowledged we were outplayed and West Coast are a good football side. There's always going to be trash talk before the game, but I admire supporters that win with class.

If it makes the victory sweeter for you to sink the boot in after then do as you please.
Actually, a number of Richmond fans are still writing us off and saying Richmond lost, rather than West Coast won.

I'm with you, I'm not one for rubbing anything in (especially after the last couple of years we've had), just explaining how this one got a little spice to it in the past week.

our weakness is our midfield, both our key defenders are out, not sure where that puts you
Never said your backline was anything special, just said our kicking into our forward fifty was woeful and any backline could've taken advantage of it. This was due to our lack of clearances in the middle and pressure on the kicker.

All of our midfield were down on their usual numbers bar Martin, so saying they had an off night is fair considering it was only two weeks ago that they rolled Fremantle's.

Why is it so hard for you guys to accept I'm praising your side? It feels like you're trying to make an argument out of nothing here.

Actually, a number of Richmond fans are still writing us off and saying Richmond lost, rather than West Coast won.

I'm with you, I'm not one for rubbing anything in (especially after the last couple of years we've had), just explaining how this one got a little spice to it in the past week.
I can't speak for them but I think as a bunch we're generally pretty good in defeat. You'll get more Richmond supporters calling for the coach's head and players to be dropped as opposed them saying anything about the other side.

Anyway, bit off topic now but well done on the win. Definitely proved a lot of Richmond supporters wrong (including myself) and I thought you guys were immense last night. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Thank you for the two posters who actually mentioned Jack Riewoldt's name, having a monster year. Maybe his best yet, and in this new role playing a little higher up the ground, a modern day reinvention of the CHF?

So far ahead of Roughie this year it's not funny, but the fact is it always ends up a popularity contest, that's why the same names come up again and again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just off the stats on the sportsmate app, in addition to his goals, his 116 score involvements (avg 9.7/gm) is a good 16 clear of Fyfe at the top of the AFL, and he is equal 3rd in goal assists with 14. 4th for Total Marks with 85. Marks I50 he has 51, ahead of Taylor Walker at 38. Equal 16th for contested marking with 16. Equal 16th in the AFL for tackles I50.

Huge all around numbers, he's not just scoring for himself, he's also bringing the rest of the forward line into it.

I count the forward line as the players that spend a decent amount of time there. Hill plays half forward at times during a game, as does Danyle Pearce. Fyfe is used as a key forward for parts of our games. Agree to disagree on this one. If you are counting pure forward lines, then it would be
Pav, Walters, Ballas, Mayne, Taberner, Clarke
or
Kennedy, Lecras, Darling, Cripps, Lycett, Josh Hill?????
I am bias but I would still take ours and you would take yours. End of.
Forward Press I retract my statement. Shocking call looking back on it. Shows how far West Coast have come this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Josh Kennedy the best tall forward in the game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back