Is Josh Kennedy the best tall forward in the game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't understand the Rough > Kennedy on his day argument at all. Kennedy is a much better player. Franklin however is probably still first picked if not injured

I watched Kennedy live today ....

He can beat you in the air and out mark Three blokes

He can beat you on the ground ......

He can beat you leading out ......

He can beat you in body work ......

He also works dam hard and can beat you when he doesn't have the ball ....

I don't see anyone else in the league doing that right now ....seen guys in the past who could all of the above ..franklin at his peak ......no one else right now

Don't understand the Rough > Kennedy on his day argument at all. Kennedy is a much better player. Franklin however is probably still first picked if not injured

Roughead a far more versatile player

Been down on form/confidence since his op

Forwards rely on delivery ...put jk in hawthorn colours and he kick more that roughy

As pure forward I'd take jk ....for an All around player sure roughy is better

I say yes.

In an era that lacks dominant, high scoring Full forwards Josh shines above the rest.
This post got 1 like..

No

God how many dumb threads are starting after the eagles carlton bore fest?
while this post got 66 likes. Intelligence of the bigfooty community on display.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed. One of those underrated players that he if played for a Collingwood would be spoken about as a god. Absolutely monsters the defense, even if he doesn't kick many goals the pressure he creates is immense. One of the few reasons Eagles are doing so well.
Not quite sure. Tippett kicked a pretty remarkable goal on the run from 55m out out of a clearance on the weekend and nothing gets said. Nic nat kicked and almost identical behind a few years ago and that is remembered as the greatest individual play in the history of sports.

Funny how perceptions alter reality

Not quite sure. Tippett kicked a pretty remarkable goal on the run from 55m out out of a clearance on the weekend and nothing gets said. Nic nat kicked and almost identical behind a few years ago and that is remembered as the greatest individual play in the history of sports.

I just watched that clip again and the two efforts were nothing alike. Tippett went up in the ruck and then just ran back into space with no further ball involvement until it was passed to him and then kicked a long goal on the run. Something players do regularly.

Watch the Naitanui clip again. He goes up at the bounce. Takes the ball bursts from the centre with pace, handballs forward when he thinks he is about to be tackled, taps the ball from the grasp of the oncoming Fremantle player he's handballed toward and then still at great pace takes a shot on goal. Tippett has simply got forward of the player and is cruising toward goal when he takes his shot. Absolutely no comparison. Tippett read the play well, kicked long and straight, nothing more than that.

You're thinking of this one where he hand passed it and then tapped it to himself

A better comparison would be this one

Vs

In other news the Carlton rejects are beating the Carlton keepers again.

Carlton 204 goals

Kennedy 71
Betts 52
Garlett 36
Waite 32
Grigg 15
Robinson 9
Thanks Carlton! :thumbsu:

On Kennedy: the thought occurs to me... 2 games left in the season, and a possible 3 (or 4) games ahread if West Coast make the GF. There's potential there for Kennedy to be lining up goal 100...... late in the grand final. Shit meet fan!

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Josh Kennedy the best tall forward in the game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back