Is North Melbourne the most irrelevant club in the league?

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree they are irrelevant , but unlike melgorne they will not be in receivership within 5 years.

wambat, your ignorance continues to astound me. Did you not hear that Melbourne recently signed a 30 year deal with the Casey region. Now, to me, that would suggest that we will be around for a long time to come.

West Coast will continue to survive, albeit in a vegetative state in which they achieve nothing but mediocrity in the long term. A disgraceful team with an appalling culture equates to a lack of success, but I'm sure you're finding that for yourself now, as you are an Eagles supporter after all ;)

Don't blame you. I doubt many people harbour any resentment for the Dees, but rubbish like this is just inviting people to get stuck into them for both their onfield and offfield situation.

Well I'm liking a lot about our off-field situation at the moment mate- Cannons just pointed out one of the things we've done lately, and there's a lot more I could mention, such as our high level of sponsorship revenue, our record membership, our new training facilities, amongst the best in the AFL, etc.

Of course, there's still a way to go on the field... for one thing, we've got to make sure we don't keep ending up with almost half our best team injured most of the time... :(

West Coast will continue to survive, albeit in a vegetative state in which they achieve nothing but mediocrity in the long term. A disgraceful team with an appalling culture equates to a lack of success, but I'm sure you're finding that for yourself now, as you are an Eagles supporter after all ;)

3 premierships in the last 18 seasons tells me the Eagles have a winning culture. :thumbsu:

Lets have a look at Melbourne. Won your last flag 45 years ago. What an unsuccessful pathetic rabble. :eek:

Repeat after me W33.. 5-6 is not half of 22.. 5-6 is not half of 22..

Well unfortunately for you, I don't bow to "Spartan math" on this one ;)

Will trust my own knowledge of my club, the official injury list as it stands at present, and the knowledge my fellow Demons supporters have about these things. But only if it's alright with you, of course :p

:eek:

Repeat after me W33.. 5-6 is not half of 22.. 5-6 is not half of 22..
Lets look at our injury list as of today, and see who from our best 22 is on it:

Wonaeamirri
McLean
Jurrah
Morton
Bennell
Martin
Moloney
Jamar
Garland
Green
Maric

Watts is probably best 22 as well, would definately be getting a game over Newton, Miller and co.

So i count 11, aka 50% of a side.

With regards to the rabble that is North Melbourne, i posted this in the preseason (19 of feb 2009):

What's a condolonce? Sounds nice. Why would the MFC need a condolonce for?

Maybe we can change them to condolences and pass them onto your club in 2011 when you fold.

I can see it now:

After starting off the 2009 season with a promising 29,000 members, the Kangaroos did nothing but disappoint, finished a lowly 12th. They did do a bit better then Melbourne though, who again finished last, collecting picks 1,2 and 18. This completes their stockpiling of talent and is often labeled the catalyst for their run of premierships in 2012-14.

The Kangaroos on the other hand started their rebuild and were unfortunate with the timing, only managing the 4th pick in the weak 2010 draft, even though they rack up their 14th Wooden Spoon in a history that can only be labeled as 'miserable'. Ofcourse they had only attracted 22,000 members this season, continuing their run as the most fickle fan base in the league. Pressure mounts as the West Sydney side comes in....

2011 and the Kangaroos can't even manage 20,000 members as even more of their notoriously fickle fanbase drop off. Record low crowds accross the season. Record losses. A season that not even Fitzroys 1996 can compare to. They fold at the end of the year.

Well there you have it, the future. As you can see the MFC and the KFC are really at contrasting points in our history. The former on the way up to a period of success that the latter could only dream of. The latter closing their doors forever...
As you can see, i'm a ****ing genius. Everything i have written there is pretty much right. I also predicted that Sylvia would become a better player than Wells before the end of their careers, and was proven right in only about 3 months.

I own all these North Melbourne fools

Lets look at our injury list as of today, and see who from our best 22 is on it:

Wonaeamirri
McLean
Jurrah
Morton
Bennell
Martin
Moloney
Jamar
Garland
Green
Maric

Watts is probably best 22 as well, would definately be getting a game over Newton, Miller and co.

So i count 11, aka 50% of a side.

If those players are all automaically in melbournes best 22.. your in trouble for the next 10 years.. haha

Hey Squark... are you sure you're not an E's supporter? Are you sure you're not with the E's? Because you do sound like it... ;)

Personally, as far as North Melbourne are concerned, I'm pretty supportive of the Kangas, and they do seem to have a decent lot of young players. Hopefully the injury problems they've had this year (almost as bad as ours from what I've seen) will be far less of an issue next year, and the same goes for our own injury problems, of course.

Having a future >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> having a past

Is that like when you have Johnson, Hudson, Akermanis, Welsh and Eagleton all over 30+ in your best 22? Nice future. :eek:

Would be a tie between Bulldogs and Norf for most irrelevant. One hasn't won a flag for 500 years and has a history as a club to rival University while the other has been quite successful as but still no one knows who the they're and they could fold any second as they don't have enough members to survive and thus end up paying significant amounts of money for every home gome they play. A financially unstable club.

3 premierships in the last 18 seasons tells me the Eagles have a winning culture. :thumbsu:

Lets have a look at Melbourne. Won your last flag 45 years ago. What an unsuccessful pathetic rabble. :eek:

You have a culture which incorporates beating people, taking drugs and inadvertently winning games when attempting to tank.

It's a far cry from the proud club you once were.

@Sqawka:

Your post is spudly at best. Your club could only dream of having the array of young talent possessed by the MFC.

With the likes of Wellingham, Thomas, Cox and Toovey on your list, all signs point towards lean times ahead for the CFC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is that like when you have Johnson, Hudson, Akermanis, Welsh and Eagleton all over 30+ in your best 22? Nice future. :eek:
Welsh & Eagleton are fringe. We drafted two of the best ruckmen in the draft last year (covers Hudson) we have a plethora of tall forwards developing at Willy (covers Johnno) and Aker was going to retire at the end of the year so Stack & Hill are getting chances.

How are your young guns Richo, Cousins, McMahon, Pettifer, Bowden and Simmonds going? All in your best 22 if you weren't trying to tank (and you still couldn't even tank properly!)

Welsh & Eagleton are fringe. We drafted two of the best ruckmen in the draft last year (covers Hudson) we have a plethora of tall forwards developing at Willy (covers Johnno) and Aker was going to retire at the end of the year so Stack & Hill are getting chances.

How are your young guns Richo, Cousins, McMahon, Pettifer, Bowden and Simmonds going? All in your best 22 if you weren't trying to tank (and you still couldn't even tank properly!)

Well considering only Cousins is a sure thing next year it is pretty much a pointless argument you have there. Also considering you must be mistaking 'future' for 'now' because you guys are not winning shit in the next 5 years with the Cats, Saints and Pies all better teams with younger stars. I would take our u23's over yours, so better future? No. Better hope the future is good though or you will be groveling for more handouts no doubt, such a successful club and all.

Well considering only Cousins is a sure thing next year it is pretty much a pointless argument you have there. Also considering you must be mistaking 'future' for 'now' because you guys are not winning shit in the next 5 years with the Cats, Saints and Pies all better teams with younger stars. I would take our u23's over yours, so better future? No. Better hope the future is good though or you will be groveling for more handouts no doubt, such a successful club and all.

eagleton, welsh, akermanis and johnson are not sure things as well. If we delist them your bunch will pick em up in an instant the next year :D, hell eagleton will captain richmond for the next 5 years.

Also it has been scientifically proven that my cutting edge insight and opinions are ALWAYS correct and FACT, therefore i can rate all things subjective objectively.

WB under 23's > richmonds under 23's, your team has NO young stars. I would like to see and wish your mob prosper in the future but no point as you will always be 9th :D.

Hope along now young internet warrior.

Ahh poor Nathan Brown...does not even warrant a mention. ;)

As you can see, i'm a ****ing genius. Everything i have written there is pretty much right. I also predicted that Sylvia would become a better player than Wells before the end of their careers, and was proven right in only about 3 months.

I own all these North Melbourne fools
Possibly the stupidest post you have ever made. Which is saying something, even by your own remarkably low standards.

Yes, Sylvia has played some better games this year than Wells, especially when Wells was out injured (though not when Col was also out suspended). Let's wait til the end of their respective careers before pronouncing who had the better career, eh?

Same with the rest of your imbecilic predictions about North ; time will confirm what is already obvious, that you are a clown, one that causes other Melbourne fans to cringe in embarrassment. If you had a dog, it would insist on walking on the opposite side of the street, in the hope that nobody would associate it with you.

This thread just annoys me as a Demons supporter, I must say.

Fair enough that you and another Kangas fan fired back there SLF, you guys need to fight fire with fire when a thread like this happens, just like we do - and this was some very wrongheaded stuff there from the OP.

"Blease2Watts" is seen as being at the bottom of the food chain by virtually all of us Demons, I'd say!

Sadly, it seems that every club's supporters on BF have a couple of black sheep in their ranks, and he's certainly one of them.
So is Blease2Watts a genuine Melbourne supporter who (like Whelan's Leg End) actually IS that thick? Or some newly created troll, designed to make Demons fans look stupid?

Besides Richo and Cousins, all players that you have mentioned are fringe players and will most likely be gone at the end of the year. The difference between our 2 clubs is you need your older players - Johnson, Aker and Hudson in particular to have any sort of success which will see you fall way down the ladder when they retire. We have youngsters ready to replace them and they're getting AFL experience this year, you don't. Better hurry up, that window is closing to win your 1st flag since '54 and your 2nd overall. What a sad history. :eek:

So is Blease2Watts a genuine Melbourne supporter

Well I know I've seen that name around the Bay at least a few times before on various threads, but I haven't seen any posts from this character on our board that I can recollect mate, so the jury's out there.

I guess every club's supporters on BF have at least a few or more like that among their ranks, I'd say we've got no more than a few dodgy ones.

Anyway, hopefully both our teams have far less injuries to deal with next season, so we can see them get closer to their full potential.

I haven't had the opportunity to see much of Wells by the way, but hopefully I'll be able to get a good look at him when we play you guys on the weekend...

Remove this Banner Ad

Is North Melbourne the most irrelevant club in the league?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back