• Splinters/Too early

Votes: 13 11.7%
  • Have faith in our learnings

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 35 31.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Its almost as if those wins vs Norf, Richmond, Hawthorn, West Coast and Sydney weren't that impressive in retrospect. Wow, I didnt see this coming. Shocked at the past two weeks, genuinely thought we were a premiership threat after that huge win vs the always a premiership threat every season Gold Coast Suns. Dont tell me that wasn't actually impressive either? I dont believe you.
What a pathetic take. Unless you are being sarcastic but I'm pretty sure you are not.

No discussion guys. Just post the ladder as if that's the only thing that matters in conversation
Clearly if we hang on to a top 2/4 spot we will definitely be threatening for the flag. Never seen a side get bounced out of finals after grimly fighting for such a great ladder position.

Except for last year
Simpsons Thats The Joke GIF

Can we just start our 'best 22 in '24' threads already?!

Moribund.
B: McVee - May - Disco
HB: Bowey - Lever - Rivers
C: Langdon - Oliver - Hunter
HF: Gresham - Himmelberg - Spargo
F: Chandler - B King - Fritsch
R: Gawn - Petracca - Pickett
I: Farris-White - K Brown - Pick 6 - Pick 12 (Freo)
Sub: Howes
E: Grundy - Sparrow - Jefferson

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's decent although we have played the 3 joke teams this year already which probably seperate us from the rest there.
Isn't the whole point of this exercise to look at the second half of last year and the first half of this year as a full season so it evens things out?

Isn't the whole point of this exercise to look at the second half of last year and the first half of this year as a full season so it evens things out?

Yep, apparently we judge seasons on the financial year now for some reason...

Yep, apparently we judge seasons on the financial year now for some reason...
Not really the point I'm making. If we are going to do it then it's actually a pretty fair sample. In that time we played top 8 sides 14 times and bottom 10 teams 9 times. From that sample a percentage of 122 is okay.

The main concern is how much we've struggled against top 8 sides winning 8 of our 9 games against the bottom 10 but only 5 of 14 against op 8 sides. With a couple of exceptions we've been well and truly in all those games though.

Gives me the reading of a side that would finish 4-6 most years.

Not really the point I'm making. If we are going to do it then it's actually a pretty fair sample. In that time we played top 8 sides 14 times and bottom 10 teams 9 times. From that sample a percentage of 122 is okay.

The main concern is how much we've struggled against top 8 sides winning 8 of our 9 games against the bottom 10 but only 5 of 14 against op 8 sides. With a couple of exceptions we've been well and truly in all those games though.

Gives me the reading of a side that would finish 4-6 most years.

I know, but it's the one I'm making.

Not saying we're in form, there are obvious concerns, but cherry picking a round from half way through the previous season to measure it is laughable. There's literally 6 months in between 2 of the games they're including. That's not a form line.

I guess this is relevant. I recently did a piece on the Demons which was somewhat critical.

Agree/Disagree?

Would appreciate feedback.

Interesting that our perecentage is still pretty good from that.
Reckon that matches up well with a poorly coached but talented team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Is Our Flag Window Shut?

Back