Is Sam McClure The Trade Whisperer?

Remove this Banner Ad

Just this afternoon Ricky Nixon made a call on Twitter, claiming that Sam McClure is the trade whisperer

I know, Ricky is known as a flog in most circles and generally we can take what he says with a grain of salt- he's that type of bloke.

However, this one makes some sense. Earlier today Sam went on radio saying that Luke Hodge is looking likely to join Gold Coast next year and extend his AFL career. Just hours later, Hodge debunked that rumour as total bullshit. Since Hodge's statement, Sam's journalism reputation has taken a massive hit. Not long after Hodge's statement, the trade whisperer took to Twitter claiming that Hodge had infact spoken with Gold Coast officials, however quite casually and a number of weeks ago.

This claim made by the trade whisperer is seemingly indirectly defending Sam McClure's comments and his reputation as a journalist.

To add some cream, it's no secret that Sam comes off as quite arrogant and smart ass, characteristics that would clearly fit the identity behind the trade whisperer.

Could all be rubbish, but who knows. Will be interesting to see how this developes, or doesn't, over the coming days

Ive actually had coffee with Sam and chatted about his plans generally. He is young, anbitious and street smart.

From what he said he works bloody hard and although is definitely in a building stage he does have the connections to make some big calls. This is all based off 30 minutes talking but I have no reason to doubt his word at this stage.

Ive actually had coffee with Sam and chatted about his plans generally. He is young, anbitious and street smart.

From what he said he works bloody hard and although is definitely in a building stage he does have the connections to make some big calls. This is all based off 30 minutes talking but I have no reason to doubt his word at this stage.
I guess he would hardly say i have no clue, i got the gig because of my old man and i constantly make shit up

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I guess he would hardly say i have no clue, i got the gig because of my old man and i constantly make shit up

fair point. he came across as hungry and not self-entitled. any judgement beyond that would be a guess for me.

contrast this with garry who is polished on air, but a strange unit in person. wore shorts to a cocktail event and gave minimal face time even though our company paid him to be there lol

fair point. he came across as hungry and not self-entitled. any judgement beyond that would be a guess for me.

contrast this with garry who is polished on air, but a strange unit in person. wore shorts to a cocktail event and gave minimal face time even though our company paid him to be there lol
Gary is a flog, that is well known.

There is no doubt McClure wouldnt be young and hungry. You dont get to where he is at a young age without being like that.

Still doesnt mean he doesnt come across as a flog on air though

Gary is a flog, that is well known.

There is no doubt McClure wouldnt be young and hungry. You dont get to where he is at a young age without being like that.

Still doesnt mean he doesnt come across as a flog on air though

He literally got to where he is because of his old man.

Typical of the industry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back