Is there any reason to attend home games?

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty good crowd given what we've been dishing up

I was sitting there in the 3rd, freezing cold, watching them walk in goal after goal, realising that my decision making is as bad as Nicks'

I go to catch up with mates now. Few beers and laughs.

Had some fun last night, one mate a Swans supporter decked out in his red sports jacket. He copped a bit when he decided to run up and down an aisle after a goal. All good fun.

Decided yesterday I won't wear crows gear this year at games. That is my protest.

Last night was the first time I have left early. I had had enough a few minutes into the last quarter.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Hmmm interesting. Is that the Barossa Valley ones? Can't really tell from the signage... Might go check it out next time.
No it's not branded as Barossa anymore. It also moves around now, had it near my bay 131 a couple times this year.

I think it's still the Barossa snag, but it definitely didn't seem as long as it used to be, or as good.

41 and change. Allegedly. Huge gaps in the stands. I do not actually believe that figure. Must have been a massive tent out the bag a few thousand people were in.
A lot of people are in standing room areas, so of course seats may not look as full. I’ve been to plenty of 40k crowd games and it felt around that figure.

This was probably the last game people were giving the club to see if there was any sort of response. That 2nd half fade-out will be enough for a fair few, including me. Not many games against high drawing teams either after the bye, low 30s very possible.

41 and change. Allegedly. Huge gaps in the stands. I do not actually believe that figure. Must have been a massive tent out the bag a few thousand people were in.
41,535 according to what they flashed up at the ground. I said to a mate I thought it would be around 40K - there were a lot of Sydney supporters, a lot crammed in on the hill all night, and quite a few parked inside the Restaurant and MTX club all night, which could explain some of the empty seats.

Next two home games against GWS and the Saints are really going to be crunch time though. I wouldn't be surprised if we're closer to 30K for both of them... and if the board feel uncomfortable now, they will have really brown underwear if that happens.

Our crowds will certainly plummet now after last night. In terms of support, Sydney are only behind Carlton and Hawthorn for support in SA based off my own opinion and helped that figure over 40k. Considering how bad we have been this season, are attendances have been solid and have recovered from the pandemic (much slower than other clubs) but now the bottom has fallen out. Won't be surprised if we struggle to hit 35k for the rest of our home games and could get worse if you factor poor weather into it. You have to give up at least 5 hours of your day factoring in travelling to the game, getting a good seat, watching a match and then getting home and I don't think supporters now are prepared to give up that much of their time considering what is being dished up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only 29,802 for June 29th vs GWS.

I was joking when I said GWS had a 7 person travelling cheer squad... but it looked close enough to it. :winkv1: :tongueoutv1:

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there any reason to attend home games?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back