News Isaac Cumming to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

How is he wrong when Nicks coached us to 15th after going rogue bonkers and making clear rookie errors?
George, I mean there is defending the club and there is DEFENDING the club on this.. Wayne certainly does not leave much to the imagination on where he sits.

Well you'd be wrong as I have never had a previous username since i joined big footy. So do tell how I am found wanting when we have had 5 years of dross where finals has been a dim far off sight for us and even then we have regressed this year. Its not like we were hitting heady heights under this coach who has had 5..yes thats right 5 years to get things sorted out. You can be a club sycophant all you like, I am fed up with dross and with the list we have, believe another set of hands should be given the wheel to take us forward. Not expecting much of a spike next year and I hope I am wrong, I really do.
Could that’s other set of hands be clean😜

Wayne’s also bypassing the fact Nicks failed to convince Luko when he went up there
Or was it we weren’t interested in offering 7 years and a multi million dollar contract to someone we don’t even need?

I am fed up with dross and with the list we have
And this is where your analytical ability falls down .....this Crows list is way better than Ports ....all that's missing is a couple of pieces, including a "A" grade Mid

Unless you believe players currently outside our R23 side against Port can't improve personally, or force their way into the team

Edwards :whitecheck: ..... Pedlar :whitecheck:...... Milera ...... Cumming :whitecheck: ..... ANB :whitecheck:...... Rankine :whitecheck: ..... Butts :whitecheck: ...... Cook :whitecheck:......Toby Murray :whitecheck: (yes I'm adding him)

That's at least 8 players that could be added to our team that beat Port .....and you're saying you hate our list
That's not inc Jones, Schoenberg, Ryan,

Just poorly judged by you

And this is where your analytical ability falls down .....this Crows list is way better than Ports ....all that's missing is a couple of pieces, including a "A" grade Mid

Unless you believe players currently outside our R23 side against Port can't improve personally, or force their way into the team

Edwards :whitecheck: ..... Pedlar :whitecheck:...... Milera ...... Cumming :whitecheck: ..... ANB :whitecheck:...... Rankine :whitecheck: ..... Butts :whitecheck: ...... Cook :whitecheck:......Toby Murray :whitecheck: (yes I'm adding him)

That's at least 8 players that could be added to our team that beat Port .....and you're saying you hate our list

Now why don't you quote the WHOLE sentence which was

I am fed up with dross and with the list we have, believe another set of hands should be given the wheel to take us forward.

Why didn't you quote all of it? all of a sudden it reads vastly different to the narrative you are trying to twist eh Wayne

Oh for sure. I was just poking fun at Port because trading Burgoyne out was a massive goof that probably overshadows the rest of the trades that were in their favour.

I don't think they wanted Burgoyne to go. Didn't he crack the shits because he was Choco's choice as captain but that was overuled by the board?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now why don't you quote the WHOLE sentence which was

I am fed up with dross and with the list we have, believe another set of hands should be given the wheel to take us forward.

Why didn't you quote all of it? all of a sudden it reads vastly different to the narrative you are trying to twist eh Wayne
Because the list quality and Coach discussion are mutually exclusive points ......cmon get with the game

Because the list quality and Coach discussion are mutually exclusive points ......cmon get with the game
How did you arrive there? my post was explicitly saying with the list we have, we NEED another pair of hands at the wheel to take them forward and the clear implication is that the list is better than what its made to look like under Nicks imo. My gripe aint with the list big fella other than needing more A grade mids.

It does beg the question though, if our list quality is so much better than Port's, who just played in yet another prelim final, why did we finish 15th?

Why did our coaching group get so little out of our list compared to what Port's got out of theirs?

I've never understood the desperation clubs and their supporters create at the trade table. The huge amounts of money and high draft picks moved around to get people to change clubs. I appreciate that some players will make incremental improvements but - and in this basket I put ANB, Cumming and Luko - but that is not what is going to really move us forward to where we want to be.
Improvement is the capacity to get the right draft picks, move the wrong players on quickly, draft the right players, build their skills and fitness, create a gameplan that works and then have them all playing to a winning drumbeat that gets the flag! There are plenty of examples of this - Geelong and Sydney right now, Richmond in the past. And Brisbane is the opposite of this - in terms of drafting, but they have the rest in spades! Sure, a couple of timely imports at the right time might just get you over the line, but its the whole club effort that wins the flag.

Plus, imagine being a player in a club, still sitting around the bottom of the table, looking across the change room at the end of a game at some middle level player your club traded in who's getting twice your money and is not making any more difference than you.
Amen to the bolded.

Great news. What would the compensation to GWS be?
Depends.

Depends on the outcome the AFL want. Depends on how they want to manipulate it. Depends on the cycle of the Moon at the time. Depends on many things.
What it doesn't really depend on? Age. Contract length. Money.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Isaac Cumming to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back