Rumour Isaac Cumming - UFA (and then there was one)

Remove this Banner Ad

I would hope what Nicks has a rough idea of what he wants his 2026+ midfield to look like so he uses 2025 to get games into those he thinks will be part of our primary midfield rotations.

We should be developing/trading/drafting with a view to challenging in 2026/27/28 or we will face another decade of nothingness.

Fogarty/RT/Rankine/Rachele/Soligo/Dawson/Murray/Hinge/Michalanney/Worrell will all be in their prime. Add 2 A grade midfielders and that's a solid core to push for a premiership.

Nix focus is the first probables v possibles destroyation where he starts getting continuity into his best 23 for season 2025. From there it's week to week building continuity credits and focussing 100% on the 4 points on offer. We've been this way since Neil, Nix is just the current guy with the same MO.

I would hope what Nicks has a rough idea of what he wants his 2026+ midfield to look like so he uses 2025 to get games into those he thinks will be part of our primary midfield rotations.

We should be developing/trading/drafting with a view to challenging in 2026/27/28 or we will face another decade of nothingness.

Fogarty/RT/Rankine/Rachele/Soligo/Dawson/Murray/Hinge/Michalanney/Worrell will all be in their prime. Add 2 A grade midfielders and that's a solid core to push for a premiership.
Well who were Rostrevors best year 10 midfielders this year?

Yep, he's a must-get. Especially with Collingwood coming hard for Perryman as well, with offer of more midfield time - I expect Port to up their offer a fair bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Perryman genuinely hasn’t made up his mind yet I’d say we’re in the box seat
Sorry to intrude guys

They are saying Perryman to port is the most likely scenario, but pies have come late and it has been said he wants mid time, pies can facilitate that not us. Crows never had interest in perryman

I expect cumming to crows and perryman to Collingwood

Sorry to intrude guys

They are saying Perryman to port is the most likely scenario, but pies have come late and it has been said he wants mid time, pies can facilitate that not us. Crows never had interest in perryman

Thanks for telling us what we already know. I saw Chris Davies last Sunday in Henley Square.
I was going to yell out say hi to Kochie for me but he looked like someone had ran over his dog so let him go on his way.

Sorry to intrude guys

I think what he meant was that if Port are still in the box seat for Perryman then we're the likely landing spot for Cummings.

I think what he meant was that if Port are still in the box seat for Perryman then we're the likely landing spot for Cummings.
Yes and no

If Perryman chooses Port before Cumming nominates, then we're likely, Port surely won't have enough cash
If Perryman is undecided, then we're also likely, Port will still be all in on Perryman until he nominates either way
If Perryman chooses Collingwood first, then they get a chance to up their offer for Cumming, taking us out of the box seat

Sorry to intrude guys

Excellent. Good! While I'm watching the Crows, I won't feel like downing a pie every time Perryman gets near the ball...

The more I think on it, the more getting Cumming is somewhat of a watershed moment for us. If we get him, then its all good, ANB as long as we don't over pay and missing Luko from a club PR perspective is neither here nor there.

BUT, get outbid or worse, lose Cumming to Port for a deal similar to ours and then the blowtorch has to be put straight onto the recruiting team. We should make Cumming a home run from where we are salary cap wise and what kind of deal we could offer and we should be blowing our neighbours out of the park. It will be a big black mark on the club if we miss Cumming after Luko and it will put a real downer on the vibe over the summer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Isaac Cumming - UFA (and then there was one)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back