MRP / Trib. Isaac Heeney - High contact on Jimmy Webster

Remove this Banner Ad

The roll back on Fox has been insane - everyone is saying ‘look, it was an accident, but players have been fined for worse’.

What they’re missing of course is the AFL screwed the hearing completely….basically denying Heeney’s evidence and inventing their own.

Should be fun tomorrow…wonder if the Bomber crowd will cope with a Swan getting off?

Maybe get old Kev to lead a march on the Albert Park lake?

Have a ‘roast a swan’ dinner in the Sth Melb car park?

Fly to Sydney and pee on the Roos statue?

Or just moan to an unsuspecting cabbie about how the drugs saga was actually started by Kenny from the cheersquad.

Quelle Horreur!

Last edited:
The roll back on Fox has been insane - everyone is saying ‘look, it was an accident, but players have been fined for worse’.

What they’re missing of course is the AFL screwed the hearing completely….basically denying Heeney’s evidence and inventing their own.

Should be fun tomorrow…wonder if the Bomber crowd will cope with a Swan getting off?

Maybe get old Kev to lead a march on the Albert Park lake?

Have a ‘roast a swan’ dinner in the Sth Melb car park?

Fly to Sydney and pee on the Roos statue?

Or just moan to an unsuspecting cabbie about how the drugs saga was actually started by Kenny from the cheersquad.

Quelle Horreur!
shouldn't whack people in the face, not that hard if you ask me

Let’s see how the appeal goes

Swans would be dumb not to appeal it. I can see it winning on appeal.

I just don’t know where it leaves the rule AFL amended to specifically stop what heeney did. They almost have to go back and re write it.

Swans would be dumb not to appeal it. I can see it winning on appeal.

I just don’t know where it leaves the rule AFL amended to specifically stop what heeney did. They almost have to go back and re write it.
Who gives a f**k where it leaves the afl.. They're manipulating this great game to the point its become a circus!
If people (hopefully lots of people) end up (at the very least) with egg on their face,, then Good. They deserve worse

Its pretty plain to see, no matter what club you support, that Heeney did bugger all wrong

Who gives a f**k where it leaves the afl.. They're manipulating this great game to the point its become a circus!
If people (hopefully lots of people) end up (at the very least) with egg on their face,, then Good. They deserve worse

Its pretty plain to see, no matter what club you support, that Heeney did bugger all wrong
Trouble is, he started this thread as a hatchet job on the Swans….now HE has egg on his face.

He did everything the rule says you can’t do.

Whether you don’t think he did anything wrong is irrelevant. That’s what the rule says.

Either heeney gets suspended OR he gets off and the rule is amended at the end of this season.

I’d be OK with Heeney getting off the but the rule should also be amended.

Oh quick everyone shut down big booty in the off chance a thread upsets this guy.

I’ll let chief know
He’s certainly very easily triggered. The sort of guy who thinks his opinion can’t be disputed. You’re about the 9th poster that he’s put on ignore in this thread alone.

It’s a good way to avoid having to listen to contrary opinions I suppose.

He’s certainly very easily triggered. The sort of guy who thinks his opinion can’t be disputed. You’re about the 9th poster that he’s put on ignore in this thread alone.

It’s a good way to avoid having to listen to contrary opinions I suppose.

Dunno why he and others are taking it so personally. I didn’t write the ****in rule lol

A rule was written, a rule was broken. Down to the letter.

Do we want players losing possible brownlows for this? Of course not but the rule says what the rule says.

All I am saying is either heeney goes or the rule is amended, which I think is pretty fair. I have zero issues if heeney wins his appeal.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this one reminds me of bachar houli being rubbed out for accidentally swinging his arm behind him to get the tackler off him and getting rubbed out....one of the fairest players to ever play the game but he still copped the suspension. unfortunate but it happens in footy....

I'm noticing a trend of Essendon supporters being the biggest proponents of Heeney getting rubbed out in this thread.

Are they really petty enough to want Heeney suspended because Wright was suspended for knocking our player out as opposed to giving someone a blood nose?

No wonder you guys are so hated.

I'm noticing a trend of Essendon supporters being the biggest proponents of Heeney getting rubbed out in this thread.

Are they really petty enough to want Heeney suspended because Wright was suspended for knocking our player out as opposed to giving someone a blood nose?

I think you will find its more to do with the below. He clearly isn't the cleanskin that the Swans PR machine would lead us to believe and has form. The kicker was Zerk Thatcher was investigated for Heeney breaking his hand...so much for "vic bias".

Well the rose coloured tears are flowing hard in this thread.

The rule was changed. Clubs and players were aware of the change and he copped a week.

Its a 1st world problem and will it hamper the Swans flag chances? No.

Harley got two for a tackle that last year was play on and is ineligibke for the Rising Star.

Would be total hypocracy if the AFL rolled over for its TV rights champion pet club. It is what it is so move on,

<forgot to insert quote but can't edit it in on mobile>

Or the carry on after Papley said "yeah they're playing the man a bit" after Cunningham got ko'd. Man that annoyed Essendon supporters for some reason.

And then Brad Scott admitted it was the plan the whole time.

Scott was adamant his team’s premeditated belligerence was the best way to foil the ladder leaders.

“Sydney have dominated the last few weeks and they’ve got a lot of players who are very slick and good with the ball in hand,” the Bombers coach said.

“Their ball movement is very solid at the moment. If we just sat back and watched them do that, it was going to be a long, difficult night.

“We needed to combat that with some physicality in the contest. We could either make it into an athletics contest or we could compete in the contest and get the ball going our way.

There was so much sooking after Papley had the gall to answer an interview question during a tough game of footy.
Imagine the carry on if someone took out an Essendon player and then the oppo coach said "yeah we wanted to be physically hard at them". They'd need spill kits at The Hanger to protect the floors from the tears.

Last edited:
Or the carry on after Papley said "yeah they're playing the man a bit" after Cunningham got ko'd. Man that annoyed Essendon supporters for some reason.

And then Brad Scott admitted it was the plan the whole time.

There was so much sooking after Papley had the gall to answer an interview question during a tough game of footy.
Imagine the carry on if someone took out an Essendon player and then the oppo coach said "yeah we wanted to be physically hard at them". They'd need spill kits at The Hanger to protect the floors from the tears.

What has Papley got to do with Heeney?

I have always thought Heeney was a pretty fair player - he is just on the wrong end of a rule change. he isnt the first wont be the last.

its up to the AFL if they want their rule enforced, if they dont, they can let Heeney off and i wont lose sleep. They just need to amend the rule is all.

Last edited:
So wait, when you do a dont argue fend off and it lands too high its just a free kick, but this is a fine and possible suspension? Geez our game is getting soft.
Yep makes no sense what so ever. Your spot on, there's I no difference between that and a high fend going wrong.

If previous incidents of the same ilk were penalised we can throw our arms up and at least agree that there is a strict consistent rule. But when you've got incidents like Hewett and Hogan who literally threw deliberate punches to the face completely off the ball and unrelated to the game, and be graded as careless instead of intentional, then it throws their definition of intentional down the gurgler.

Here's Heeney who was caught swatting a player behind him in play for the ball accidentally collecting his snout... That is literally the definition of careless, not intentional. The fact that he even has a case to answer is astonishing. On presedence the AFL have no leg to stand on attempting to rub players out for 'intentional' based on the above examples.

Remove this Banner Ad

MRP / Trib. Isaac Heeney - High contact on Jimmy Webster

Remove this Banner Ad

Back