Mid East Israel declare war after Hamas attack III

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a bizzare post.....

Trump actively wanted out of the middle east? he withdrew in 2020?

What is the basis would he escalate further?

Have you heard his comments of the last 6 months? He has said out loud he will do whatever Israel would like.

He is calling Schumer a 'Palestinian' as a perjorative. Like its some insult.

It's pretty obvious.

Have you heard his comments of the last 6 months? He has said out loud he will do whatever Israel would like.

He is calling Schumer a 'Palestinian' as a perjorative. Like its some insult.

It's pretty obvious.

Not sure about that

he has been critical on US support of Ukraine and also potential support of Taiwan.

I'm sure he would continue to support Israel but doesn't seem like he wants to necessarily escalate anything. Israelis doing that job on their own though.

Not sure about that

he has been critical on US support of Ukraine and also potential support of Taiwan.

I'm sure he would continue to support Israel but doesn't seem like he wants to necessarily escalate anything. Israelis doing that job on their own though.

I certainly hope you're right. He's made some pretty shocking comments overnight that won't help his election chances at all.

This is a bizzare post.....

Why did you delete the following?
I think Biden supportered Israel far more than Trump would have.

I certainly hope you're right. He's made some pretty shocking comments overnight that won't help his election chances at all.

make no mistake

Whether its Harris or Trump, the USA is defending Israel regardless.

No different to what Biden has done over the last year.

Trump would likely only escalate things further, Harris seems to be Biden 2.0 on the middle east imo.
Harris does not appear to be Biden 2.0 - Harris has already taken a clear stance. A Kamala Harris presidency is not good for Israel based on Kamala Harris' words - time will tell if she folds as easily as Biden.

Biden is a known hawk - he is all for war anywhere.

Trump's solution is to let Israel take Palestine which is precisely what Netanyahu wants. But, if/when the Arab work resists this Trump will be nowhere to be seen and Israel will be vulnerable.

Despite giving Netanyahu precisely what he wants in the short term, Trump is actually the worst possible outcome for Israel because long term he just means massive war - with or without (likely without) the USA.

Biden means the status quo - Netanyahu and the state of Israel being campaigners.

Harris is the only chance of peace out of the three.

I edited the post?

Am i not allowed to do that?
Of course you are but that was a key point of your post, Trump did plenty.

Supposed peace deal where Israel kept West Bank, transfer of Embassy to Jerusalem, recognised Golan Heights and giving sovereignty to Israel. Just a few things that I can recall. Trump was yahu's mate and easily bought.

So you would be wrong as usual. Maybe that is why you edited out?

Of course you are but that was a key point of your post, Trump did plenty.

Supposed peace deal where Israel kept West Bank, transfer of Embassy to Jerusalem, recognised Golan Heights and giving sovereignty to Israel. Just a few things that I can recall. Trump was yahu's mate and easily bought.

So you would be wrong as usual. Maybe that is why you edited out?

i didn't say trump didn't do anything....I said he would likely not escalate a war on his own based on his view of US Support for Ukraine as Taiwan.

Regardless of whether its Trump or Harris, Israel will continue to be supported the USA.

So as usual, you are swinging and missing, and proceeding punching yourself in the forehead.

i didn't say trump didn't do anything....I said he would likely not escalate a war on his own based on his view of US Support for Ukraine as Taiwan.

Regardless of whether its Trump or harries, Israel will continue to be supported the USA.

So as usual, you are swinging and missing, and punching yourself in the forehead.
Anyone who can read knows that the USA has supported and funded Israel.

That isn't why you deleted the sentence.:rolleyes:

Harris does not appear to be Biden 2.0 - Harris has already taken a clear stance. A Kamala Harris presidency is not good for Israel based on Kamala Harris' words - time will tell if she folds as easily as Biden.

Which words, I admit I've not been following closely.

Given she just repeatedly states Israel have a right to defend themselves, I don't know how anything changes.

Biden is a known hawk - he is all for war anywhere.

Trump's solution is to let Israel take Palestine which is precisely what Netanyahu wants. But, if/when the Arab work resists this Trump will be nowhere to be seen and Israel will be vulnerable.

Despite giving Netanyahu precisely what he wants in the short term, Trump is actually the worst possible outcome for Israel because long term he just means massive war - with or without (likely without) the USA.

Biden means the status quo - Netanyahu and the state of Israel being campaigners.

Harris is the only chance of peace out of the three.

Interesting.

Given she just repeatedly states Israel have a right to defend themselves, I don't know how anything changes.

Interesting.
It is not a lot at this point, but combined with not attending Netanyahu's address to congress it is a shift from Biden;

“I also expressed with the prime minister my serious concern about the scale of human suffering in Gaza, including the death of far too many innocent civilians,” Harris said, calling the war “devastating”.

“The images of dead children and desperate, hungry people fleeing for safety — sometimes displaced for the second, third or fourth time — we cannot look away in the face of these tragedies. We cannot allow ourselves to become numb to the suffering, and I will not be silent.”

Regardless of whether its Trump or Harris, Israel will continue to be supported the USA.

So as usual, you are swinging and missing, and proceeding punching yourself in the forehead.
Of course he escalated things on Israel's behalf. He assassinated an Iranian general on Iraqi soil and moved the US embassy to Jerusalem. He's a big part of the escalation between Iran and Israel/US.

The assassination of the Iranian General was a huge escalation. (Can you imagine if Iran assassinated a US General or Secretary of Defence?). Or if they blew up an IDF car in the middle of Washington or Tel Aviv?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way the Iranians are talking, I wouldn't be surprised to see a missile or bomb hit an Israeli population centre in the next week or two. I certainly wouldn't be taking a trip there, and if I had dual citizenship, I'd be outta there.

Major US and EU airlines are already cancelling flights to Israel.

Anyone who can read knows that the USA has supported and funded Israel.

That isn't why you deleted the sentence.:rolleyes:

No shit? i said the same? Who said the US isn't supporting Israel? Wasn't me

what are you even talking about?

How's the forehead guy?

Last edited:
The way the Iranians are talking, I wouldn't be surprised to see a missile or bomb hit an Israeli population centre in the next week or two. I certainly wouldn't be taking a trip there, and if I had dual citizenship, I'd be outta there.
It is escalating out of control all because no one put Netanyahu on a leash. And because Netanyahu acts with complete impunity he continues to incite war at every opportunity - embassy attacks, assassinations, there is talk that the Golan height incident last week was an Israeli weapon (probably an accident but Israeli none the less).

Netanyahu wants war and he wants the USA there and he is doing everything he can to make it happen.

Of course he escalated things on Israel's behalf. He assassinated an Iranian general on Iraqi soil and moved the US embassy to Jerusalem. He's a big part of the escalation between Iran and Israel/US.

The assassination of the Iranian General was a huge escalation. (Can you imagine if Iran assassinated a US General or Secretary of Defence?). Or if they blew up an IDF car in the middle of Washington or Tel Aviv?

I think you will find the US didn't kill Soleimani to assist Israel.

US killed Soleimani as he was planning and previously involved in attacks on US Diplomats/Embassy's/US Troops.

Whilst Israel probably didn't mind it, it was not done as escalation on their behalf.

I think you will find the US didn't kill Soleimani to assist Israel.

US killed Soleimani as he was planning and previously involved in attacks on US Diplomats/Embassy's/US Troops.

Whilst Israel probably didn't mind it, it was not done as escalation on their behalf.
I think it contributed to escalation in the area, the Defence Dept would have known that. Israel would have known that.

I'm not sure if Trump would have bothered to understand that.

Interesting.

Yeah I saw her say that on the news last night, this morning I saw the full quote and she said after this they're also still working on a plan for a ceasefire, interesting the 9 news cut that bit out.

I think it contributed to escalation in the area, the Defence Dept would have known that. Israel would have known that.

I'm not sure if Trump would have bothered to understand that.

Anything is going to contribute escalation to the area where nutcases keep committing violence.

Soleimani doing what he was doing was also escalating things in the area. US response killing him escalates it further.

The whole area has been escalating for years, far before Trump was elected and Far before September 11. Where does it end? I doubt it does.

All that's occurring is revenge and violence and it won't stop occurring because every time something happens, revenge and violence occurs.

Anything is going to contribute escalation to the area where nutcases keep committing violence.

Soleimani doing what he was doing was also escalating things in the area. US response killing him escalates it further.

The whole area has been escalating for years, far before Trump was elected and Far before September 11. Where does it end? I doubt it does.

All that's occurring is revenge and violence and it won't stop occurring because every time something happens, revenge and violence occurs.
So if you know that, why did you say this....

He didn't actively want out of the Middle East, he didn't withdraw in 2020 and he directly contributed to escalation. Why do his supporters make up such falsehoods to defend him? Is it that you want it to be true, so just say it, like Trump himself? If you say it, then maybe it's true, even if it's definitely and demonstrably not true?

So if you know that, why did you say this....

He didn't actively want out of the Middle East, he didn't withdraw in 2020 and he directly contributed to escalation. Why do his supporters make up such falsehoods to defend him? Is it that you want it to be true, so just say it, like Trump himself? If you say it, then maybe it's true, even if it's definitely and demonstrably not true?

Talk about falsehoods...the Trump administration started the withdrawal process in Feb 2020 stating that withdrawal would occur by May 2021, it finished under Biden in 2021.

I am not a supporter of Trump or Harris.

I was referring to that he is unlikely to escalate it further on Israels direct behalf.

If for example there is an Iranian General, who is planning attacks on US citizens/embassies/troops etc, and the US kill him, and the escalates things, then yes. I agree with you, that would escalate things, but it isn't because Israel asked him to do it.

If the same thing occurred under any other President, that target would likely be killed also. I wouldn't call that escalation on Israels behalf though. The guy was targeting US civilians....

Last edited:
No idea where the idea that Trump won't get involved in the middle east , he was actively looking to attack Iran at the end of his presidency.
Netanyahu is playing a big game of chicken , if he does try and invade Lebanon and kickoff a stand off war with Iran then he will find his forces stretched. If they are fighting on the ground both in Gaza and Lebanon and also defending themselves from drone / missile strikes from the Houthis and Iran then there is a fair chance they will be reliant on US military aid to keep in the fight. Especially if the conflict drags on for any length of time.
Netanyahu is obsessed with retaining power at all costs. The Gaza conflict is stretching Israeli resources , a full blown invasion of southern Lebanon will stretch it even further , the economy will struggle due to the number of reservists called up let alone the dollar cost of keeping the military supplied. I don't think Netanyahu can do this without significant buy in from the US and significant ongoing military support.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mid East Israel declare war after Hamas attack III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back