Mid East Israel declare war after Hamas attack III

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve been reflecting on my feelings about the conflicts in Ukraine and Russia, as well as the situation in the Middle East. It’s sometimes hard to separate rhetoric from reality and even tougher to take a clear stance when the truth often feels obscured—sort of like in A Few Good Men, where the truth is hidden behind a veneer of necessity.

As more evidence from boots on the ground reveals Israel’s actions—such as their treatment of civilians, occupation of certain areas, and continued escalations including promised assassinations—I can’t help but feel that while the West fights for the sovereignty and independence of Ukraine, supporting Israel in the Middle East seems to contradict the very values we’re advocating for in Europe.

On one hand, Ukraine is fighting for their sovereignty and right to exist against genuine aggression. Conversely, it’s difficult to view Israel's actions as purely defensive. It’s challenging to see them as merely “keeping the bad guys in check” when they offer no terms and continuously escalate the situation.

To be honest, it’s a tough pill to swallow. Despite wanting to support allies, I’m struggling to reconcile how I could support both Ukraine and Israel with any reasonable justification other than the belief that the truth is hidden behind a necessary lie to protect us—one that we’re not meant to handle. And that, does not sit well with me.

I’ve been reflecting on my feelings about the conflicts in Ukraine and Russia, as well as the situation in the Middle East. It’s sometimes hard to separate rhetoric from reality and even tougher to take a clear stance when the truth often feels obscured—sort of like in A Few Good Men, where the truth is hidden behind a veneer of necessity.

As more evidence from boots on the ground reveals Israel’s actions—such as their treatment of civilians, occupation of certain areas, and continued escalations including promised assassinations—I can’t help but feel that while the West fights for the sovereignty and independence of Ukraine, supporting Israel in the Middle East seems to contradict the very values we’re advocating for in Europe.

On one hand, Ukraine is fighting for their sovereignty and right to exist against genuine aggression. Conversely, it’s difficult to view Israel's actions as purely defensive. It’s challenging to see them as merely “keeping the bad guys in check” when they offer no terms and continuously escalate the situation.

To be honest, it’s a tough pill to swallow. Despite wanting to support allies, I’m struggling to reconcile how I could support both Ukraine and Israel with any reasonable justification other than the belief that the truth is hidden behind a necessary lie to protect us—one that we’re not meant to handle. And that, does not sit well with me.
It does make me pause and think about Ukraine. But only for a second. Russia are still the bad guys there. But it's so strange that those who see Ukraine as the victim somehow also see invading Israel as the victim.

Maybe Ukraine were provoking Russia in Donetsk.

It does make me pause and think about Ukraine. But only for a second. Russia are still the bad guys there. But it's so strange that those who see Ukraine as the victim somehow also see invading Israel as the victim.

Maybe Ukraine were provoking Russia in Donetsk.
Ukraine didn't provoke Russia, the US did. It sucks for Ukrainians, they're relatively innocent parties (despite their treatment of Roma people.) But I don't really want to go into that. I don't agree with arming them any more than I agree with arming Hamas. My point is Russia occupies the Crimea, I don't want to get into the rights and wrongs of its claims here either, but it certainly doesn't seem to behave the way Israel does in the West Bank or behaved around Gaza before this latest slaughter.

Even in the breakaway republics we don't see the sort of things we see in Palestine. Its Orwellian in the sense that "the future is a boot stamping on a human forever" and it has been for most of this century. The Israeli state abuses Palestinian people because it has the power to. That's been the case since members of the far right in Israel killed Yitzak Rabin.

Last edited:
This is from Peter Dutton;

“I don’t think people should be coming in from that war zone at all at the moment. It’s not prudent to do so and I think it puts our national security at risk.”

Does this include Israeli/Australian dual citizens who are fighting in Gaza and might be committing war crimes and genocide? Should they be allowed to come back?

Islamophobic dickhead

This is from Peter Dutton;

“I don’t think people should be coming in from that war zone at all at the moment. It’s not prudent to do so and I think it puts our national security at risk.”

Does this include Israeli/Australian dual citizens who are fighting in Gaza and might be committing war crimes and genocide? Should they be allowed to come back?

Islamophobic dickhead

It begs the question.... Why was Peter Dutton allowed to return from that war zone two weeks ago?

There is footage of him meeting with war criminals, shaking their hands.

there is one key and inescapable difference with ukraine. that country has worldwide support in voice, in finance, in weaponry, logistics and infrastructure. the palestinians have none of these things. they are being left to be slaughtered by a murderous, corrupt, regime that has state-of-the-art weaponry and infrastructure and finance thanks to the yanks.

it is cowardly, unjust and inhumane and a regime that is out of control.

Israelis support it because they are brought up to hate Palestinians. They are brainwashed to believe that it's the Arabs that have caused immense tragedy for jews, as any form violent acts from Israel has been erased from their history. There is also fear as it's been ingrained that all Palestinians have nothing but hate, and if left in a room with one they'll be killed.

They are also taught that the world is against them. So when they are condemned for their warcrimes they simply say 'we told you so.'

It's propaganda fine tuned over generations.

Israelis support it because they are brought up to hate Palestinians. They are brainwashed to believe that it's the Arabs that have caused immense tragedy for jews, as any form violent acts from Israel has been erased from their history. There is also fear as it's been ingrained that all Palestinians have nothing but hate, and if left in a room with one they'll be killed.

They are also taught that the world is against them. So when they are condemned for their warcrimes they simply say 'we told you so.'

It's weird though because after what Hitler did to their ancestors, you'd think they'd stop and think before committing genocide themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look at the supporters of Israel.

Completely unable to fathom why anybody would ever want to attack Israel.
Or why groups like Hamas exist.

In the same breath they find excuses for all kinds of horrific shit that Israel does, including genocide.

Go look at China CPI data.

View attachment 2077819

Has been in a deflationary cycle for a while, Since Jan 2023 really, has only picked up positive growth steam since they released trade restrictions with western countries in the last 6+ months, around the end of 2023 start of 2024.
I mean those stats don't show deflation, just a lack of inflation. In a (somewhat)state controlled economy the lack of liquidity is no where near as much of a concern. I'm sure their people are far happier than the west's 5-10% rates flying around
I'm not predicting the demise of China by any means, simply saying that are not worrying the US anytime soon as stated previously.
US foreign policy says rather different, it's been a 'contain China' policy for quite some time and are in an ever increasing trade war. China PPP GDP is well above the US, not a measure to rule them all but neither is any measure
China now knows it relies on the west for their economy far more than they understood pre covid. Like you said they provide us with a lot of stuff. If we dont buy it, their economy halts, and halts quickly.
If we don't have access to it our living standards collapse. If they don't buy our resources, much the same

China has more markets to sell their manufactured goods(even including complete sanctions from US/EU/AUS) than we have to sell raw materials. Did you forget recent history when China took offence to some of Morrison's remarks and collapsed several Australian industries on a whim, we don't have that power

Israeli terrorists went on a rampage in Jit, in the West Bank, killed one and injured 11. The IDF rushed in to defend them and after they all left, the politicians said it wasn't good.

If those were Palestinian terrorists on a rampage in an Israeli village, would they have been allowed to leave? That's what institutional racism and apartheid looks like.

They're sick.

But if you read Israeli news and politicians, they're talking about those terrorists being "settlers" who "took the law into their own hands". As if that's not what Hamas think they're doing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mid East Israel declare war after Hamas attack III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back