Mid East Israel declare war after Hamas attack III

Remove this Banner Ad

To all the Netanyahu defenders in here - how is this NOT a terrorist attack by Israel?

I'm not defending him.
BUT
The argument would be that the attack targeted members of Hezbollah, rather than random members of the population.
Watch the Israelis cling to this defence.

I think you've missed the point. They're talking about the way "Zionist" is being used as a slur. When to many "Zionists" it simply means supporting the existence of a Jewish state - supporting the existence of Israel - not supporting expansion or religious fundamentalism or whatever else is being ascribed to the meaning by some.
I want to revisit this comment from several months ago. I had initially dismissed this as Zionists arguing about semantics in an effort to distract from the violence of Israel.

Having had a good faith conversation with a Jewish person on the subject, I have now changed my views and agree the terms "Zionism" and "Zionist" have a legitimate religious meaning that isn't based on subjugation and dominating other peoples, and it's better not to use them for IDF and Netanyahu apologism. So I will henceforth use the terms "Israeli fascism" and "Israeli fascist" instead.

The Jewish person I spoke to, for his part, was disgusted with the state of Israel, not just for its actions towards Palestinian Arabs, but also for co-opting numerous symbols of Judaism to apply to a political entity engaging in barbaric crimes. He found the Star of David being used on the Israeli flag to be incredibly offensive.

Let's hope they get them ASAP then!
It's probably the only thing which will stop the genocide.

(any time you hear somebody say "if they just let the hostages go it would all be over", ask them how many hostages are in Lebanon or Syria).

Israel aren't claiming it because they don't want to fork out for the Taiwanese company suing whoever did it. Probably don't care how many innocent bystanders they killed.

When your geopolitical view is 'Israel good guys' then much like a Hollywood film, anything they do isn't terrorism, it's necessary for peace and democracy.

'Israel good guys' actually was my geopolitical view before I woke up and saw what was really going on - you're spot on.

Unfortunately those who were pro-Israel before October 7 are extremely unlikely to change their views now, and it is the Palestinians, and now the Lebanese, who are paying the price.

That said, Israel is definitely self-destructing, but it will still be extremely dangerous while it collapses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More explosions today in Lebanon on walkie talkies, more dead and injured.
How are these attacks not terrorst attacks?

15m ago Guardian

Nine killed and more than 300 wounded in latest Lebanon blasts - health ministry
Nine people were killed and at least three hundred injured as a result of the explosions targeting walkie-talkies across Lebanon on Wednesday afternoon, Lebanon’s health ministry said.

The ministry added that first responders had almost finished transferring people to hospitals.

This sets a very dangerous precedent. Using technology to explode devices in a foreign country among civilians. All of us have devices.

What the Israeli government have done over the last year can never be undone. They'll also never recover from the irreversible damage they've done to not only their own reputation but also the US who are culpable for the crimes they've committed.

Last edited:
Muslims hate women but with the overloading of hospitals women are actually being called up to help some of the graveley wounded. It's so bad because not only aren't they going to paradise with 70 virgin's, are just losing genitals, hands and eyes. The prophet ordered that anyone relying on haram women slaves will not go to paradise at all
Nothing like a bit of outright bigotry to start the day. You realise Christianity and Judaism believe practically the same thing and consider women inferior to men also?

So Iran's ambassador was in communication with Hezbollah? Not surprising i guess.
Yes, because they're allies.

It's like Iran killing the US Secretary of State for funding the Israeli genocide.

Or killing Penny Wong for supplying parts for Israeli weapons.

If you think this is OK for Israel, it has to be OK for the other side too.

Israel are a genocidal regime according to Iran, Yemen and the International Criminal Court.

Australia, the US and Israel are definitely on the side of Genocide. It's indisputable. You might as well throw everyone's Holocaust memorials and "never again"s in the bin for all the good that was worth. As soon as push came to shove, the West has supported genocide again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mid East Israel declare war after Hamas attack III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back