Mid East Israel declare war after Hamas attack III

Remove this Banner Ad

Another question is why didn’t USA offer their land for a safe settlement?
It wasn’t 100% exclusively Jews. The UK invaded Palestine (at the time) so it was begun by UN.
The whole situation is horrid. So many solutions but that was the one chosen?

The UK were amongst those driving the Ottomans out , and were then given administrative control.
I don't think it was "fun" for them, with both the Arabs and the Israeli's attacking them at various times . They tried to have a relatively small part of the place delegated for Jews, but that idea was rejected by the Arabs.
The British saw what sort of a shitshow was brewing and tried to limit Jewish immigration, but the Zionists organized illegal immigration, then when WWII came, it just opened the floodgates.

Rural WA/NT/SA could have easily taken in some Jews

They changed the immigration rules to let in more , after Hitler started oppressing them. 7000 before the start of WWII.
Around 40 000 in the following 30 years.

Of course Australians were pretty insular back then.

How am i twisting it? Why on earth would it make me feel better?

They absolutely targeted Hezbollah.
If they had targeted phones in a phone shop that the general public bought, that would be terrorism.
That's what terrorism has always been. That's why people hate it so much.

For example the USA Embassy bombing killed mostly innocent Lebanese.
It is against international law.

The End.

The End.

Very possible, but its under debate by legal experts at the moment.
It still doesn't make it an act of terrorism though certain aspects of it fit under that category,

Meanwhile there have been less collateral deaths and injuries than what they are likely to get ( and have been getting ) from shooting missiles and rockets.

Hezbollah have been conducting a campaign that was only ever going to escalate things.

The End.

Sounds like you should be in charge of the world courts. Its just that easy.

I mean, it doesnt matter if you are constantly under attack, constantly having to deal with terrorists, constantly having to defend yourself against literally everyone around you who wants every single one of you dead, you just cant fight back.

We need to let the religious extremist terrorists win.

Because they for sure wont then move onto gays, or women, or, well, people who like democracy and want to vote.

Very possible, but its under debate by legal experts at the moment.
It still doesn't make it an act of terrorism though certain aspects of it fit under that category,

Meanwhile there have been less collateral deaths and injuries than what they are likely to get ( and have been getting ) from shooting missiles and rockets.

Hezbollah have been conducting a campaign that was only ever going to escalate things.

Israel are shooting missiles and rockets as well. Approx 80% of the cross border attacks are Israel attacking Lebanon.

Pretending that Israel is the victim flies in the face of both the death toll and missile data.

The communications devices in Lebanon were ONLY used by Hezbollah. Therefore it was not indiscriminate, just like the attack on the IDF HQ was not indiscriminate.
No they were bought by Hezbollah.

They were in the possession or in the vicinity of any number of different people. Israel had no way of knowing where they were at the time they detonated.

Sounds like you should be in charge of the world courts. Its just that easy.

I mean, it doesnt matter if you are constantly under attack, constantly having to deal with terrorists, constantly having to defend yourself against literally everyone around you who wants every single one of you dead, you just cant fight back.

We need to let the religious extremist terrorists win.

Because they for sure wont then move onto gays, or women, or, well, people who like democracy and want to vote.
International law does not work because there is no effective court to hold nation states to account. Israel can and does choose to ignore international law. Israel favours ethnic cleaning, apartheid and genocide instead.

There are many many other ways Israel could address being “constantly under attack, constantly having to deal with terrorists, constantly having to defend yourself against literally everyone around you” that don’t require Israel committing genocide.

Israel are not interested in those alternatives though are they.

International law does not work because there is no effective court to hold nation states to account. Israel can and does choose to ignore international law. Israel favours ethnic cleaning, apartheid and genocide instead.

There are many many other ways Israel could address being “constantly under attack, constantly having to deal with terrorists, constantly having to defend yourself against literally everyone around you” that don’t require Israel committing genocide.

Israel are not interested in those alternatives though are they.

Israel have been the ones attacked first every single time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Israel have been the ones attacked first every single time.
How many times does this lie need to be exposed?

The Nakba ethnic cleansing was started by Israel.
The Six Days war was started by Israel.
First market bombing? Zionists in Haifa
Everything since Oslo 1993 has been Israel on the offensive with Oct 7th being the slightest blip on an other-wise very one-sided ledger.

No they were bought by Hezbollah.

They were in the possession or in the vicinity of any number of different people. Israel had no way of knowing where they were at the time they detonated.

A lot of people here have commented "who the hell uses pagers". Hezbollah did , to avoid getting tracked on their mobile phones.
It has been reported that the pagers were a shipment to Hezbollah.
They were not for sale in the local Quick-E Mart.

Why would Joe Public use a pager on the Hezbollah network?

It was terrible that some people , including small children were caught up in it, but i've not heard any reports that non-Hezbollah people were using/possessing the pagers.

A lot of people here have commented "who the hell uses pagers". Hezbollah did , to avoid getting tracked on their mobile phones.
It has been reported that the pagers were a shipment to Hezbollah.
They were not for sale in the local Quick-E Mart.

They are readily available.

Pagers are useful as one-way communication devices that are cheaper and more reliable than, say, smart phones. They have longer battery life.

For this reason, medical staff used them and still do. Some prefer them.

When you get a little beeper at a restaurant to tell you your meal is ready, that's basically a pager.

Yes, they are also hard to track so useful if you want a discreet channel to people who don't want to carry a location tracker.

Why would Joe Public use a pager

A number of them were in use by medical staff - I presume they were handed on out the shipments. Were they Hezbollah? I don't know.

Emergency staff, staff in environments with possible volatile gases (which I didn't realise was one of the uses), any place needing a quick way to message a group of people reliably.

Some were in the hands of kids who picked them up to give to their parent when they started beeping. A few of those kids died.

on the Hezbollah network?

Were they? Were they part of a wider government system and medical staff had them? I don't know.

It was terrible that some people , including small children were caught up in it, but i've not heard any reports that non-Hezbollah people were using/possessing the pagers.

They were. Non-Hezbollah people were also in the vicinity of those people with the pagers on them, as we have seen.

Yes, less indiscriminate than a 2,000 lb bomb on a refugee camp, but still indiscriminate.

A lot of people here have commented "who the hell uses pagers"

Pagers are used as a primary method of calls for fire services across Australia, the pager network is encrypted & more reliable than the mobile network

Remove this Banner Ad

Mid East Israel declare war after Hamas attack III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back