Mid East Israel declare war after Hamas attack III

Remove this Banner Ad

better to kill em and put them out of their misery eh...

just a curious question....are you an australian-israeli, per chance? There seems to be a few flitting around in forums like these...

No

Just someone that doesn’t like posting in a Hamas echo chamber.

No

Just someone that doesn’t like posting in a Hamas echo chamber.

well i dont support hamas' methods....but I must admit that I have a problem coming up with alternatives when they're sitting in what is effectively a jail in gaza. They've been living in jail for decades. They were promised a homeland in the 1990s under Clinton. Do you have any ideas what the people in gaza should have done to gain their freedom? This is an honest question. I'm not trying a gotcha moment....

well i dont support hamas' methods....but I must admit that I have a problem coming up with alternatives when they're sitting in what is effectively a jail in gaza. They've been living in jail for decades. They were promised a homeland in the 1990s under Clinton. Do you have any ideas what the people in gaza should have done to gain their freedom? This is an honest question. I'm not trying a gotcha moment....

Appreciate you asking a genuine question, better most of the nut jobs in here circle jerking each other in an endless echo chamber of one-sided stupidity of thinking.

You have seen the yearlong real-life repercussion to what Hamas did on Oct 7th. Ask yourself if what they did on Oct 7th has bettered their push for freedom or set it back further. Was it the best thing to do for the people under their rule as a government?

What's going on is incredibly complicated and the cards are certainly stacked against Palestinians, but killing innocent people (that goes for Israel also) is not the answer and it never will be. Because it just escalates and escalates and escalates.

What's the best way forward? A 2-state solution. How do we get there? I have no idea now. Peace is as further away as it has ever been in the region.

Last edited:
Appreciate you asking a genuine question, better most of the nut jobs in here circle jerking each other in an endless echo chamber of one-sided stupidity of thinking.

You have seen the yearlong real-life repercussion to what Hamas did on Oct 7th. Ask yourself if what they did on Oct 7th has bettered their push for freedom or set it back further. Was it the best thing to do for the people under their rule as a government?

What's going on is incredibly complicated and the cards are certainly stacked against Palestinians, but killing innocent people (that goes for Israel also) is not the answer and it never will be. Because it just escalates and escalates and escalates.

What's the best way forward? A 2-state solution. How do we get there? I have no idea now. Peace is as further away as it has ever been in the region.

People living in a jail for decades don't act rationally. If you are confronted with more decades of living in jail, confined by people who will never set you free, you might take an action which isn't for your betterment.

As for the question about whether hamas did the best thing for the people, are you saying that they should have just sat there and kept the peace within their jail, and accept a lifetime in confinement for their children and grandchildren?

As for a 2 state solution, it will never happen. You know that. I know that.

People living in a jail for decades don't act rationally. If you are confronted with more decades of living in jail, confined by people who will never set you free, you might take an action which isn't for your betterment.

As for the question about whether hamas did the best thing for the people, are you saying that they should have just sat there and kept the peace within their jail, and accept a lifetime in confinement for their children and grandchildren?

As for a 2 state solution, it will never happen. You know that. I know that.

you act like murdering thousands of innocent people was there only option.

Just prior to Oct 7th and the many months leading up to it Israel was releasing more and more work permits (record levels) for Gazans, to enter Israel for jobs to provide for their families back in Gaza. Was Israel still doing shitty things yes of course, but the lives of Gazans were a hell of a lot better than they are now.

I'd suggest Hamas leaders, instead of hoarding all the wealth for themselves, probably should be injected it into the local economy, rather than just go and kill a thousand odd people. There were plenty of way Hamas could have made the lives of those under their control better, they chose not to do that, namely because they are a dogshit terrorist organisation.

You can argue they were desperate all you want, probably right. The reality is though they are far worse off now, then they were a year ago prior to doing what they did on Oct 7th.

you act like murdering thousands of innocent people was there only option.

Just prior to Oct 7th and the many months leading up to it Israel was releasing more and more work permits (record levels) for Gazans, to enter Israel for jobs to provide for their families back in Gaza. Was Israel still doing shitty things yes of course, but the lives of Gazans were a hell of a lot better than they are now.

I'd suggest Hamas leaders, instead of hoarding all the wealth for themselves, probably should be injected it into the local economy, rather than just go and kill a thousand odd people. There were plenty of way Hamas could have made the lives of those under their control better, they chose not to do that, namely because they are a dogshit terrorist organisation.

You can argue they were desperate all you want, probably right. The reality is though they are far worse off now, then they were a year ago prior to doing what they did on Oct 7th.
I was under the impression that Netanyahu had completely stopped the 17500 work permits that Bennnet-Lapid had created. It seemed "talks" to resume them were a token event in an attempt to normalise relationships with the Saudis. I want aware of any talk of israel increasing the amount, although is think Palestinians wanted this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mid East Israel declare war after Hamas attack III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back