It's time for Brent Harvey to hand over captaincy

Remove this Banner Ad

Should be Swallow. The engine room of North, a great player to watch (needs to clean up his kicking, though), and he always gives his all. Perfect choice.

Harvey's run his race, well and truly.

Doesn't make it right. Still, don't blame the players - they would be derelict in their duty not to acccentuate contact when simulation is so often rewarded in our game.

Remember that time Gia was running free into an open goal 30m out directly in front to put you guys into a Grand Final?

Yep, he missed.

Remember that time Gia was running free into an open goal 30m out directly in front to put you guys into a Grand Final?

Yep, he missed.

this. but hey its easy to blame roo. but of a long bow to draw to link roo to what brent harvey did on the weekend

i've never seen roo slap a bloke behind play, start a melee and then run to the ump to complain of a hit he coped during the melee.

get on boomer to rack up 40 touches and kick 3 goals next week.

When it has absolutely no meaning whatsoever in any way, shape, or form?

That's Richmond talk, man. North are better than that.

Yep, he missed.
Gutless post - "points to scoreboard...s****** s******". And completely missing the point in any event. Oh, and it was Gilbee, not Gia - if you're going to troll, get your facts right.

Simulation has increased markedly in recent years because it is so shamelessly rewarded by the attention seeking umpires, who are all so keen to involve themselves in the theatre of the game. It's crap when Brad Johnson does it, it's crap when Brent Harvey does it, it's crap when Alwyn Davey does it, it's crap when Nick Riewoldt does it, it's crap when anybody does it. But don't blame the players for doing it when the rewards are so freely given out by the umpires, most of whom do not have the slightest feel for the game and what the players regularly try to con from them.

If only we had a clean captain who gets rubbed out for eye gougi ... sorry ... using pressure point tactics.

I am not saying he is a flithy player or a dirty player, he is a player with out heart, a gutless squib...

A coward that has the face to turn the heat up on kids when he would not dare lead the way. He is the type of leader who sends men to the death while sitting in a tent sipping on a nice hot cupo tea.

He is filthy nothing to do with any other player or any other club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

get on boomer to rack up 40 touches and kick 3 goals next week.

And this sums this front runner up......big in nothing games.

When his side needed him to show some leadership, get a kick whats he do?.....starts his "Im a tough little man" shyte. Seriously, he does this everytime we play Norf.

Big games = No Harvey does it time and again and has the gall to take pot shots at youngsters on their list for not cracking in??? (still cant believe he came out publicly with that....maybe they didnt give the sook the ball??)

Should not be Captain - is only interested in his 5 bounce running goals against Port...and how the hell did this guy make their team of the century?

Seriously, in his head this bloke thinks he's Wayne Carey - complete deadshyte.

And this sums this front runner up......big in nothing games.

When his side needed him to show some leadership, get a kick whats he do?.....starts his "Im a tough little man" shyte. Seriously, he does this everytime we play Norf.

Big games = No Harvey does it time and again and has the gall to take pot shots at youngsters on their list for not cracking in??? (still cant believe he came out publicly with that....maybe they didnt give the sook the ball??)

Should not be Captain - is only interested in his 5 bounce running goals against Port...and how the hell did this guy make their team of the century?

Seriously, in his head this bloke thinks he's Wayne Carey - complete deadshyte.

ummm i was referring to the fact that he'd bounce back after an ordinary game :confused:.
****en hell, lucky he's played in a premiership or else he'd have nothing going for him :cool:

Haven't read the thread but I would be very surprised if Andrew Swallow weren't leading the team out Round 1, 2012.

Brent Harvey still has a lot to offer to the 22, but I agree that it's in his and the clubs best interest to hand it over to Swallow before he retires, like Simpson did before and like Stevens did previous to him.

Okay flicking back I'm having a hard time taking some of the Harvey haters in this thread, seriously pull your finger out. The guy has played 300+ games and given his all to the club, and even this season has averaged 22 disposals and kicked 29 goals - don't tell me he's past it.

The guy has played 300+ games and given his all to the club, and even this season has averaged 22 disposals and kicked 29 goals - don't tell me he's past it.

That doesn't make him a good captain.

Swallow for sure. Not sure about Ziebell, good player but I'm not sure I want to see my captain belting other players like he did to Roo on Saturday.

Doesn't make it right. Still, don't blame the players - they would be derelict in their duty not to acccentuate contact when simulation is so often rewarded in our game.

and Johnno never milked a free?

get over it, you make the rest of us dogs supporters look bad, it's almost been 2 years now.

this. but hey its easy to blame roo. but of a long bow to draw to link roo to what brent harvey did on the weekend

i've never seen roo slap a bloke behind play, start a melee and then run to the ump to complain of a hit he coped during the melee.

No he prefers to knee his opponents from behind ;)

And as for the Blonde Fairy being anywhere near a melee don't make me laugh, they would have to take him off to clean his pants afterwards if he went near one.

They were talking earlier on the radio that apparently he refused to shake hands with any St Kilda player after the game last night! If that is true I think his time as a captain has to be over. He is a very good player for the Roo's but is clearly not leadership material. Give it to Swallow!
His whole "performance" last night was one of the worst displays I can recall from a captain and I'm not talking about his game I'm talking about the way he handled himself. What did a young Roo player learn from him last night? Whinge to the umpire at all times? take a dive and then point at the umpire when it doesn't work? Slap your opponent across the face? Be such a bad sport that you wont shake hands with the opposition?
Swallow should be Norths captain from 2012!

I do also expect someone to point out that my username is IluvHarvey but clearly I don't love all Harveys!!

and Johnno never milked a free?

get over it, you make the rest of us dogs supporters look bad, it's almost been 2 years now.
Learn to read champ.

sedat! said:
Simulation has increased markedly in recent years because it is so shamelessly rewarded by the attention seeking umpires, who are all so keen to involve themselves in the theatre of the game. It's crap when Brad Johnson does it, it's crap when Brent Harvey does it, it's crap when Alwyn Davey does it, it's crap when Nick Riewoldt does it, it's crap when anybody does it.

Agree, Boomer should not be captain next year

IMO North should elect co-captains in Petrie & Swallow. This way the responsibility is shared & shouldnt 'burden' young Swallow too much that it affects his game :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

It's time for Brent Harvey to hand over captaincy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back