It's time for Brent Harvey to hand over captaincy

Remove this Banner Ad

But don't blame the players for doing it when the rewards are so freely given out by the umpires, most of whom do not have the slightest feel for the game and what the players regularly try to con from them.
please post this in the bulldogs forum. they need to get over 2009. saints fans generally curse their own kicking for 2009, rather than a goal for a poster; they blame the luck of the bounce for 2010, rather than the blatant throw that set up cloke for the last magpie goal. bulldogs gave themselves every chance in that prelim, but like 1997, weren't quite good enough.

^^Ridiculous post. Boomer has been a great skip- the time comes for everyone

No he really has not, he has not been great at all in anything he has does. Many other that let him good on the field are the ones that are really great. He is not one of them. Very good out side player but not a captains arseh*le IMO.

Let Swallow do it.

Harvey is a shit bloke, and a shit bloke should not be captaining a young club desperately trying to shake off the stigma of an era said shit bloke embodies, and was a part of for so long.

Let Swallow do it.

Harvey is a shit bloke, and a shit bloke should not be captaining a young club desperately trying to shake off the stigma of an era said shit bloke embodies, and was a part of for so long.

Spoken like a typical Collingwood supporter ?

I feel sorry for North and for me .I forked out good money and all I got was the "Ray" show .

Doesn't make it right. Still, don't blame the players - they would be derelict in their duty not to acccentuate contact when simulation is so often rewarded in our game.

Remember that time Gia was running free into an open goal 30m out directly in front to put you guys into a Grand Final?

Yep, he missed.

The missed chances the Dogs had won't be remembered, they had nothing to do with the loss. It was the free given before the third quarter had started which left St Kilda still behind the Dogs which is why they lost! Ignore the second half in which they had numerous chances to win, that moment right there, the one which didn't change who was leading is why they eventually lost by over a goal!

As for Harvey, Co-Captains next year makes sense for me. Would be a great way for the changing of the guard, whoever it is would be able to learn on the job from a North champ.

North don't do co-captains.

The low part was making a formal complaint to the officiating umpire minutes later because he copped a bit of heat in return. He needs to man up.

Hopefully the result of the AFL investigations will be a week for Harvey, High Contact, Deliberate, Low Impact for the slap on Dempster, and a fine for staging while they are at it.

Harvey will be handing it over at seasons end. I'm about 99% sure on that. And at the present time Swallow is best positioned to take over. Petrie may be a couple years too old. Two young guys who will be future leaders are Ziebell and Cunnington but it's a bit early for these two. Wells has to be a chance but I don't see him as someone who would want it, but he does help the young guys out and is the first one to go and talk to them during games.

And for those calling Ziebell a sniper or thug which are mainly from Aints fans well you must have a pretty short memory because princess riewoldt doesn't have a clean record either does he ?. If Ziebell's only intent was to cause harm princess riewoldt would be seeing no further action in 2011.

And for those calling Ziebell a sniper or thug which are mainly from Aints fans well you must have a pretty short memory because princess riewoldt doesn't have a clean record either does he ?. If Ziebell's only intent was to cause harm princess riewoldt would be seeing no further action in 2011.

Or beyond.

What is it with all these precious North fans trying to make Ziebell out to be some sort of extreme hard nut man of steel he's unreal type ?

The bloke semi blindsided Riewoldt high...a cheap shot trying to make a name for himself. Soft shot.

Perhaps North fans felt so girly soft after the capitulation they need a Glen Archer wet dream to cheer up.

If anyone wanted to put Riewoldt into hospital at that moment it was possible...u dont do it coz its cheap and soft.

What is it with all these precious North fans trying to make Ziebell out to be some sort of extreme hard nut man of steel he's unreal type ?

The bloke semi blindsided Riewoldt high...a cheap shot trying to make a name for himself. Soft shot.

Perhaps North fans felt so girly soft after the capitulation they need a Glen Archer wet dream to cheer up.

If anyone wanted to put Riewoldt into hospital at that moment it was possible...u dont do it coz its cheap and soft.

Jack Ziebell is a tough player who happened to make a mistake on the weekend. maybe he should model his game after the courageous adam goodes, who has never commited a cheap shot in his life ;)

Young Ziebell is tough and hard at the ball, This kid has had a bad run with injuries and no preseasons from what i understand at Nth. When this kid get going watch out he will be a star.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1) He's a petulant little sook who always cries to the umps for frees.
2) He dives.
3) He's a one-way player. Compare the number of runs with multiple bounces he does vs. the number of run-down tackles he makes. A distinct lack of defensive effort.
4) He's goal hungry, as Dermie pointed out earlier this year.
5) Publicly blames and belittles young team mates after a loss.

Tell me where any of the above fits into good captaincy?

He can still be a damaging player at times, but he's a piss-poor captain.

He's Nick Maxwell's complete opposite :p.

A) he is a hardnut man of steel.
B) cheap shot ? ... I think your the soft one.
C) seeing princess riewoldt get smashed was all I needed to cheer me up.
D) your right it was possible to put riewoldt in hospital the fact that Ziebs didn't shows he didn't hit h as hard as he could have.

Ziebell is a hard nut clearly you wouldn't know anything about that being a swans fan now that kirk's gone. But to question Ziebells attack on the ball is not on. I've never seen a 20yo attack the ball like he has. Two broken legs and a stuffed hip all through putting his body on the line in a matter of two years. One mistake doesn't make him a sniper or a thug. Get over yourselfs if it wasn't riewoldt who he put down no one would be talking about it.

2) He dives.
3) He's a one-way player. Compare the number of runs with multiple bounces he does vs. the number of run-down tackles he makes. A distinct lack of defensive effort.

agree... not the sort of bloke you would want as captain:thumbsdown:

2) He dives.

Spot on, you see it as i do.

I would not want him at my club.

Yeah you made that point a while ago. And you know what we don't give a stuff. Il be forever grateful I had the chance to watch boomer Harvey play for my club I don't care what opposition supporters think your opinions mean nothing. Boomers a champion of our club and the game whether you or any other flogs want to differ he's good far outways his bad.

Keep hatin.

Can't believe how pathetic and disrespectful some people are, give the great man some respect!

Boomer has the best highlight reel going around, everyone wishes he played for their club.

[youtube]FauuEr7Zw0w[/youtube]

If people want to query Harvey as a captain fair enough, but saying you wouldn't want him at your club is ridiculous. He has been a gun for many many years, any club would have been happy to have him. Anyone on this site who actually follows the game would have seen their side cut up by him in the past

Could not believe he slapped Dempster. Just as low as it gets.

"First of all you dont slap a man......ok? I mean even when slapping was fashionable...You know, they did it in Paris.... A guy would come up, whack whack, 'I challenge you to a duel.'.........They would have a gun fight after that! Somebody had to go!"

-Charlie Murphy

If people want to query Harvey as a captain fair enough, but saying you wouldn't want him at your club is ridiculous. He has been a gun for many many years, any club would have been happy to have him. Anyone on this site who actually follows the game would have seen their side cut up by him in the past
I couldn't have said it better myself. Well spoken mate, good to see common sense prevail. :thumbsu:

Premiership player - FACT
300 gamer - FACT
Multiple F&B's - FACT
EJ Whitten Medalist - FACT
Future Hall of Fame - FACT
Great Captain - Debatable

I'm happy he's a Roo for life - He may not have been our greatest captain but he is definitely one of our greatest players, the rest of you hatin' flogs are still pissed that he has torn your club a new arseh*le on many of occasions!!

LOVE YA BOOMER!

Remove this Banner Ad

It's time for Brent Harvey to hand over captaincy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back