Its Time For Trigg To Resign.

Remove this Banner Ad

He's not leaving Melbourne (the city, not football club) now he has had a taste of the football media.

I don't know if you noticed or not but during round 1 and 2 of the NAB cup, the games at AAMI Stadium was the only venue to not have any club or player representation in the commentary box or ground level in game discussion. He's had a taste and will get more of it by going on different shows and move Victorian clubs or settle for mediocrity at the MFC. Point is, we're a small market, we don't have the media or corporate demand to satisfy enough players to move and at the end of the day, money talks and BS walk.

He's not walking away from Victoria and if Tompous becomes the star many expect, he will be the same.

Yeah I forgot about Trengove's media work. Good luck to him and is mediocre career. Probably the worst club to be at in terms of developing players.

It was pleasing to see our guys on the TV for the cricket, both C9 and Foxtel in T20 Big Bash.

It was pleasing to see our guys on the TV for the cricket, both C9 and Foxtel in T20 Big Bash.

It was, so why didn't the club arrange for someone to be on the NAB broadcast?

Sitting on their hands or done enough work for the year with 2 promotions.

If that is how you read my post - you're on some serious medication.

As a playing group, as long as we can keep Walker, Dangerfield, Sloane, Jacobs, Crouch and talia together - we should be right for about 7 or 8 years. That group are all 18 to 22 years of age. That's the extend of this current group and the window that maybe open.

Do you forget what happen in 2009, 2010 and 2011 when that mad scientist tried to squeeze every bit out of the Goodwin, Mcleod et el and we bottomed out. When this current group is about 30, we will have to start rebuilding and integrate player into key roles. If we don't have them as don't have access to them, we will bottom out as talented players win games of football - not cycling up hill in Lycra.

Alex I wasn't referring to your post alone, which is why I didn't quote you. It's the other Henny Penny's in this group as well. The grand sweeping statements "He's screwed us for years to come", or "7-8 years before the shit hits the fan". Seriously, why don't we see how things ACTUALLY pan out before deciding it's time to top ourselves because of the Big Bad Trigg man? What happens if our recruiters actually recruit well over the next few years? What happens if free agency works for us?

Jesus Christ, the world is going to fall in - in 7-8 years! :eek::rolleyes: Sando could get sacked long before then, and could have nothing to do with not getting 4 picks in rounds 1 and 2 of this year and last.

Footy is cyclical, and having early round picks is NO guarantee that the player will actually turn out to be a gun in any case (see our history of first round picks). Sure it might have made the job easier, but our recruiters are now going to have to earn their $$$ by finding us diamonds in the rough and make them something special. We've had a lot more of those, than first round draft successes. ;)
you have missed the point entirely, no one is suggesting the world is coming to an end, why would you even post that.

Jenny, why come into the thread just to derail it with petty posts? you're better than that.(i'm not but that is a different story)

What's this - ANOTHER complaint? :rolleyes:

Yeah it is Jenny.

I'd like to see the players i support take any opportunity to extent their media presence.

Plus, you know a marketing department do their job and promote the players, sponsors and club in a national forum.

It's not that much to ask. Unless we live in that utopia you seem to live in where everything is peaches and cream.

Alex I wasn't referring to your post alone, which is why I didn't quote you. It's the other Henny Penny's in this group as well. The grand sweeping statements "He's screwed us for years to come", or "7-8 years before the shit hits the fan". Seriously, why don't we see how things ACTUALLY pan out before deciding it's time to top ourselves because of the Big Bad Trigg man? What happens if our recruiters actually recruit well over the next few years? What happens if free agency works for us?
I don't think anyone is suggesting he has screwed us for years to come, merely this cycle that we are in.

You can not argue that losing the ability to refresh our list through the draft won't have a big impact - those top level players that would be coming on line in 2-3 years won't be there - it will have an impact, that's the point of it being a punishment.

2 words.

"contingency planning"

You know, good organizations do them and use them to avoid problems before they get close to occurring. That's why.

you have missed the point entirely, no one is suggesting the world is coming to an end, why would you even post that.

Jenny, why come into the thread just to derail it with petty posts? you're better than that.(i'm not but that is a different story)

Not petty, just pointing out the ridiculousness of some of the posts. And you are saying nobody is saying the world is coming to an end, I'm sorry but using language like "he's screwed us for years" and "in 7-8 years the shit will hit the fan" implicates that all is not well with our world, don't you think?

The fact is we don't KNOW how these penalties will effect us as a Club, and won't know for some time. They may have very little impact if our recruiters play their cards right. Or the impact may be dire, which I doubt given that we do have opportunities to lessen the impact with astute selection/trading and free agency. If we sit back and do nothing, well then yes, the impact will be dire. But I don't think anyone really thinks that is what will happen, do they?

Not petty, just pointing out the ridiculousness of some of the posts. And you are saying nobody is saying the world is coming to an end, I'm sorry but using language like "he's screwed us for years" and "in 7-8 years the shit will hit the fan" implicates that all is not well with our world, don't you think?

The fact is we don't KNOW how these penalties will effect us as a Club, and won't know for some time. They may have very little impact if our recruiters play their cards right. Or the impact may be dire, which I doubt given that we do have opportunities to lessen the impact with astute selection/trading and free agency. If we sit back and do nothing, well then yes, the impact will be dire. But I don't think anyone really thinks that is what will happen, do they?
as I said in the previous post, the AFL have given this penalty with the purpose of it impacting us.

otherwise they would have given us another penalty.

Our current list has quite few first and second round draft picks when you compare it to other teams. Most of them have worse lists than us.

If team ladder position was determined by how many first/second round players you have we would be near the bottom right now. Nevermind the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah it is Jenny.

I'd like to see the players i support take any opportunity to extent their media presence.

Plus, you know a marketing department do their job and promote the players, sponsors and club in a national forum.

It's not that much to ask. Unless we live in that utopia you seem to live in where everything is peaches and cream.

Do you have any ideas how many gigs our boys have over the course of a year? :rolleyes:

This x 10000

People (members) don't care becasue they don't have a say. It's the same as council elections, I wouldn't know who my local member of council is because I'm not obligated to vote.

If members had a genuine say and knew their point of view would be considered, even if it is just one vote - I'm sure they would take a much stronger interested in this. However, since they don't - why should they care about anything other than the 120 minutes of football being played. People care about winning and losing and once we start to lose, this will rear it's ugly head.

So people don’t express their true opinion on something unless they can vote on it? Please.

Most don’t care about this issue because they see this situation for what it is – a shit and very poorly managed situation by our administration, but one that exists in isolation in the context of an otherwise extremely well operated football club that has been consistently admired and respected in the AFL community for many years.

The average punter is taking a much more objective view of this situation than many of the conspiracy theorists that exist on this board, and the overwhelming verdict appears to be – play on.

What absolute crap Jenny.

That's like saying, lets not do anything about trying to save someone on death row and just cross our fingers the lethal injection doesn't kill him/her. If it does, we will do something about tying to revive him/her and bring this person back to life after the event had occurred. You never know, that .5% may save him/her and have very little impact at all.

Let's just wait and see.

Maybe I see thing differently because I'm not as close to the situation as you are but isn't it a much better idea to put a plan in place before the shit hits the fan and try and minimize the damage. You don't and won't agree as you have a personal relation with the perpetrator - so maybe you need to take a step back and look at the big picture.

So people don’t express their true opinion on something unless they can vote on it? Please.

Most don’t care about this issue because they see this situation for what it is – a shit and very poorly managed situation by our administration, but one that exists in isolation in the context of an otherwise extremely well operated football club that has been consistently admired and respected in the AFL community for many years.

The average punter is taking a much more objective view of this situation than many of the conspiracy theorists that exist on this board, and the overwhelming verdict appears to be – play on.
how do you judge well run?

I'm curious, not trying to have a crack.

Do you have any ideas how many gigs our boys have over the course of a year? :rolleyes:

Funnily I do Jenny and I know how easy it is to organizer this type of promotion.

Phone call to Fox Footy and say, hay, Patty Dangerfield, Taylor Walker, Scott Thompson, Nathan Van Berlo, et el are not playing in game 1 or 2. We would love for any of those boys to be part of the production on the day. How about it?

Cool bananas - I'll e mail you a time latter in the week.

Not that difficult. Ta

In this environment, I'll stand by my assessment.

Care to share how you have managed to measure this?

Need to start working on Jack Trengove and Tompous now. IMO Trengove's development has stifled at the Dees. A real shame.

Why would we wan't Trengrove? If the Crows are really going to start throwing money around I think we should aim a little higher than that. We got lucky with Thompson but trading with Melbourne these days would be like drinking from a tainted well.

how do you judge well run?

I'm curious, not trying to have a crack.

We produce players that got us within a kick of the Grand Final last year. Admin's job is to provide the funds to the Football Department to develop our team.

End of the day it is hard to find fault with our on field performances.

The one slur is that we have not played in a GF since 1998. But have played in four Prelims since then.

The admin can only take the players/coaches so far.

Why would we wan't Trengrove? If the Crows are really going to start throwing money around I think we should aim a little higher than that. We got lucky with Thompson but trading with Melbourne these days would be like drinking from a tainted well.

Probably too late with Trengove.

Start getting into Tompous's ear and make him "homesick"........

yes, but admin can still be measured.

stagnant membership (an increase due to a changing of the measure) lower profitability, ermm huge fines for being cheats just to name a few.

honestly, it seemed like I knew about the AO move before the Crows did - I can't even work out how that was possible. (well I can, but it would make me sound like an utter w***er so I'm not going to :oops: )

Lets face it, after the next couple of years have gone Trigg has screwed us for years. There is simply no way that our recruiters can draft an equivalent amount of talent into the club than he could have without the penalties Trigg caused. If we don't jag a flag I the next 2 years our window will slowly close and guys like Dangerfield, Walker, Sloane etc will be wasted as there will be no talent below them to share the load. A bit like the Neil Craig years in which the talents of Roo, Edwards, McLeod etc we wasted.

Rest assured when the realization hits that we are devoid of up and coming talent the rath of the General AFC supporter (that presently don't care whether Trigg is still there or not) will be felt.

At present the AFC is sitting on a ticking time bomb. It's do or die in the next 2 years.
I'm honestly not sure just how big a hit our recruiting is going to take as a result of this.

Yes, we lost Tippett for nothing. We now have a massive war chest that we can use for attracting one or two high quality free agents in 2013 or 2014. That would go a long way to balancing what we lost directly.

Then there are the picks we forfeited. Two in 2012 and two in 2013. I have no doubt in my mind that we would have taken at pick #54 would have been Siggins - the same player we drafted at pick #62. This means, effectively, that we're only going to be down 3x draft picks. We've also picked up Crouch this year, who should more than make up for the absence of a 1st round selection.

Just how much damage do you really think these picks are going to do, given that the picks we missed last year were #20 and #54? I'm guessing we won't be forfeiting a top-10 pick in 2013 either.

As for your ridiculous call about our window closing.. you do realise that Danger & Sloane are only 22 and still have a decade of top-level football ahead of them? At the other end of our list, we only have 2 players aged 30+ and 5 aged 29+. The only one of these likely to retire in 2013 (the last year of the draft ban) is Johncock.

Sorry, Chicken Little, but the sky is not caving in and the world will not come to an end as a result of these draft penalties.

Remove this Banner Ad

Its Time For Trigg To Resign.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back