Its Time For Trigg To Resign.

Remove this Banner Ad

So people don’t express their true opinion on something unless they can vote on it? Please.

Most don’t care about this issue because they see this situation for what it is – a shit and very poorly managed situation by our administration, but one that exists in isolation in the context of an otherwise extremely well operated football club that has been consistently admired and respected in the AFL community for many years.

This is part I don't understand. Have you ever been to the main board? Who are these mythical people who admire and respect the AFC? Who (aside from Crows supporters) can really admire and respect a side that hasn't won a premiership in 15 years? If we keep this up we're going to become a laughing stock like Richmond.

Fact is Trigg hasn't had any real success at the Adelaide Football Club. Being a well run, well managed side should be the bare minimum we expect from our administrators and they can't even manage that.

Jesus Christ, the world is going to fall in - in 7-8 years! :eek::rolleyes: Sando could get sacked long before then, and could have nothing to do with not getting 4 picks in rounds 1 and 2 of this year and last.

Footy is cyclical, and having early round picks is NO guarantee that the player will actually turn out to be a gun in any case (see our history of first round picks). Sure it might have made the job easier, but our recruiters are now going to have to earn their $$$ by finding us diamonds in the rough and make them something special. We've had a lot more of those, than first round draft successes. ;)
Not in the last 8 years we haven't. 2001 is a long time to be going back looking for diamonds in the rough.

Do you forget what happen in 2009, 2010 and 2011 when that mad scientist tried to squeeze every bit out of the Goodwin, Mcleod et el and we bottomed out. When this current group is about 30, we will have to start rebuilding and integrate player into key roles. If we don't have them as don't have access to them, we will bottom out as talented players win games of football - not cycling up hill in Lycra.
Yeah.. nah. It wasn't the loss of Goodwin, McLeod etc that hurt. It was the loss of the other 18x 100+ game players in a 3-4 year window which bit hard. But don't let the facts get in the way of a good fantasy.

Yeah.. nah. It wasn't the loss of Goodwin, McLeod etc that hurt. It was the loss of the other 18x 100+ game players in a 3-4 year window which bit hard. But don't let the facts get in the way of a good fantasy.

et el don't imply et alia and doesn't imply "and others"

It was about era and time frame but that's ok - apology accepted.

We lost 18 100+ gamers over 3-4 years? I had no idea the figure was so high.

We lost 18 100+ gamers over 3-4 years? I had no idea the figure was so high.
Here's a list of the players we lost in a 5-year window between 2006-2010.
McLeod (340 games)
Goodwin (275)
Edwards (321)
Burton (177)
Hentschel (71)
Bock (113)
Griffin (41)
Jacky (3)

Shirley (151)
Gill (17)
Gallman (0)
Kite (0)
Lee (0)

Bassett (210)
Biglands (134)
Massie (88 + 43 at Carlton)
McGregor (152)
Campbell (8)
Jericho (33)

Ricciuto (312)
Torney (77 + 118 at Richmond)
Welsh (129 + 36 at Nth Melb)
Hudson (55)
Perrie (116)
Bode (79 + 29 at Port)
Mattner (98)
Hinge (1)
Andrew McIntyre (0)
Pfeiffer (0)

Clarke (118 + 130 at Brisbane)
Hart (311)
Skipworth (44)
Gibson (0)
Obst (0)

** I haven't counted games played at clubs after they left Adelaide. All I'm interested in is the experience they had behind them when they left the AFC, not experience gained afterwards.
By my count we lost 17x 100+ game players in that period, plus Mattner who played 98 for Adelaide (and has now played 200+).

You just can't lose that sort of experience, in such a short period of time, without it having a dramatic impact on the team's on-field performances.

Care to share how you have managed to measure this?

I can only base it on the discussions I’ve had with a number of people who form what I think is a pretty good cross section of footy supporter – men and women, young and old, Crows supporter and non-Crows supporter, Christian and agnostic, Justin Bieber fan and non-Justin Bieber fan.

While there have been a couple that have expressed dismay with Trigg being retained, most of them are genuinely comfortable with him continuing on, and feel the Club generally has been well run – this issue aside. No one has put forward concerns regarding impropriety by the board.

I appreciate this isn’t exactly a Nielsen poll, but this sample is all I can go by, and it represents what has otherwise been a healthy and diverse mix of opinions in relation to a range of other topical discussions I've had with these people over the journey.

Cheers for the info :thumbsu:

Given how much experience we lost in those years, it just sort of baffles me that the club always insisted they'd never have to rebuild. Then again, we didn't really rebuild the list in 2010/11 and most supporters here put those years down to shitty coaching rather than being in a rebuilding phase.

This is part I don't understand. Have you ever been to the main board? Who are these mythical people who admire and respect the AFC? Who (aside from Crows supporters) can really admire and respect a side that hasn't won a premiership in 15 years? If we keep this up we're going to become a laughing stock like Richmond.

Fact is Trigg hasn't had any real success at the Adelaide Football Club. Being a well run, well managed side should be the bare minimum we expect from our administrators and they can't even manage that.

Are you kidding? The AFC has long been recognised as one of the most professional and tightest run clubs in the competition. This is why there was so much dismay outside of the club with the Tippett debacle – because it was the AFC involved.

From the AFL itself, other clubs and coaches, player managers and sports journalists – the club was universally acknowledged – by people who should be able to effectively judge (ie not posters on the BigFooty main board) - as being extremely well run. There's no disputing this.

Cheers for the info :thumbsu:

Given how much experience we lost in those years, it just sort of baffles me that the club always insisted they'd never have to rebuild. Then again, we didn't really rebuild the list in 2010/11 and most supporters here put those years down to shitty coaching rather than being in a rebuilding phase.
Craig had a big problem with the "r word" and was nothing short of abysmal when it came to expectation management. Probably the finest example were the comments he made during the 2010 pre-season. He set the expectations sky high, talking about a "perfect storm" which would make us premiership favourites.. along with monumentally stupid comments about expecting improvement from players aged 32-34. The reality was that the veterans were aging and becoming increasingly injury prone, less and less able to support the kids, while the youngsters were all inexperienced and a couple of years off producing consistent high quality football.

Had he been more realistic, he might still be Adelaide's head coach - for better or worse. Had he pointed to the loss of experience and set the bar lower, then he might have survived. Maybe.. That said, he may not have as well - some of the performances we saw in 2011 were particularly galling and would not have been tolerated no matter how low the bar was set.

That said, expectation management was not his only failure - not by a long shot. The club definitely made the right decision in seeking his resignation, making way for the arrival of Sando.

Havent had a chance to analyse this yet but thought I'd put it on here for pickings over.

Adelaide Drafting history For the last 10 years:

Round 1: Sam Kerridge. Brad Crouch, Brodie Smith, Daniel Talia, Phil Davis, Patrick Dangerfield, James Sellar, Richard Douglas, Darren Pfeiffer, John Meesen, Fergus Watts
Round 2: Mitchell Grigg, Nicholas Joyce, Jack Gunston, Shaun McKernan, Andy Otten, Jarrhan Jacky, Kurt Tippett, Bernie Vince, Nathan Van Berlo, Chad Gibson, Joshua Krueger
Round 3: Rory Sloane, Sam Shaw, Cam Ellis-Yolmen, Sam Siggins, Myke Cook, David MacKay, Alan Obst, Ivan Maric
Round 4: Thomas Lee, James Craig, Jarryd Lyons, Rory Atkins, Tony Armstrong, Nick Gill, Chris Knights, Ben Hudson
Round 5/6: Will Young, Brodie Martin, Ricky Henderson, Matthew Jaensch, Luke Thompson, Matthew Wright, Aiden Riley, Ian Callinan, Aaron Kite, Taylor Walker, Bryce Campbell,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you kidding? The AFC has long been recognised as one of the most professional and tightest run clubs in the competition. This is why there was so much dismay outside of the club with the Tippett debacle – because it was the AFC involved.

From the AFL itself, other clubs and coaches, player managers and sports journalists – the club was universally acknowledged – by people who should be able to effectively judge (ie not posters on the BigFooty main board) - as being extremely well run. There's no disputing this.

The days of the AFC being considered "one of the most professional and tightest run clubs in the competition" are long gone.

Your buying into the PR spin too much. The AFC hasn't had any real success since 98. What exactly, has happened in the last 15 years that makes you believe the club is any more professional and tightly run than most other football clubs?

Is it because some coaches and journalists said it? Who cares?

Is it because we have good membership and game attendance? This is something the club is gifted by virtue of being located in a football mad state and not being Port. Not something I'm willing to give the administration credit for.

A good history of finishing in the top 8? This doesn't mean shit if you can't back it up with a flag.

But you keep on believing we're "one of the most professional and tightest run clubs in the competition" if it keeps you warm at night.

The days of the AFC being considered "one of the most professional and tightest run clubs in the competition" are long gone.

Your buying into the PR spin too much. The AFC hasn't had any real success since 98. What exactly, has happened in the last 15 years that makes you believe the club is any more professional and tightly run than most other football clubs?

Is it because some coaches and journalists said it? Who cares?

Is it because we have good membership and game attendance? This is something the club is gifted by virtue of being located in a football mad state and not being Port. Not something I'm willing to give the administration credit for.

A good history of finishing in the top 8? This doesn't mean shit if you can't back it up with a flag.

But you keep on believing we're "one of the most professional and tightest run clubs in the competition" if it keeps you warm at night.

By your logic though clubs that don't win premierships are poorly run? Surely that's not what you're saying?

I agree - but I'm not looking at it from an on field perspective.

Well even if you look at us from an off-field perspective our last five years or so has been terrible. For me Trigg's term as CEO, especially over the last five years or so, has been an abject failure. We still have no firm source of off-field revenue, profits have been steadily decreasing, the 21 million dollar white elephant, the Tippett debarcle and bad PR experiments like the non-inclusive shed.

At best he's an interim CEO that can operate a club on cruise control for two or three seasons, but the club has erred by giving him such a long tenure as CEO especially during such a tumultuous time in SA football and he will leave the club in far worse shape than it was when Bill Sanders handed him the keys.

:oops:
AFCColourLogo_RGB.gif

Well even if you look at us from an off-field perspective our last five years or so has been terrible. For me Trigg's term as CEO, especially over the last five year or so, has been an abject failure.

At best he's an interim CEO that can operate a club on cruise control for two or three seasons, but the club has erred by giving him such a long tenure as CEO and he will leave the club in far worse shape than it was when Bill Sanders handed him the keys.
The 2013 pre-season has been a disaster for the club, yes.. but what grounds do you have for saying that the last five years have been terrible off-field?

Trigg's performance prior to the Tippett-gate revelations was exemplary. Personally, I think he should have been sacked over Tippett-gate - but other than that he has barely set a foot wrong.

The 2013 pre-season has been a disaster for the club, yes.. but what grounds do you have for saying that the last five years have been terrible off-field?

Trigg's performance prior to the Tippett-gate revelations was exemplary. Personally, I think he should have been sacked over Tippett-gate - but other than that he has barely set a foot wrong.

So if Trigg was doing such a great job why has the club gone from the juggernaunt of the AFL to making losses ? Why have our Victorian counterparts gone from financial basketcases to financial powerhouses while our club has financially gone backwards ? Why has the club still not established a source of off-field revenue despite it being blatantly obvious a decade ago that the club need to go down that path ? Why was the Westpac Centre built when there was so much conjecture over the future of Football Park ? Then you had the "non-inclusive" shed membership debarcle which directly went against the matra of the club. Not to mention labelling supporters as pathetic for voicing their opinions of a coach who had clearly gone past his expiry date. Matt Rendell was another blunder especially when the term "brand" was used to justify the decision especially when the Tippett saga has been about 10 times more damaging for our brand than that ever was.

Exemplary? I dont think so..... An interim CEO who has been exposed as being out of his depth is more appropriate I think.

1) So if Trigg was doing such a great job why has the club gone from the juggernaunt of the AFL to making losses ? Why have our Victorian counterparts gone from financial basketcases to financial powerhouses while our club has financially gone backwards ? ..... 2)Why was the Westpac Centre built when there was so much conjecture over the future of Football Park ? .....3)the Tippett saga has been about 10 times more damaging for our brand than that ever was.

Exemplary? I dont think so..... An interim CEO who has been exposed as being out of his depth is more appropriate I think.

1) AFL systematic shit fixtures for both Crows and Port at AAMI so blame could be laid on the stadium itself in Vlad's, Foley's push for Adelaide oval - crowd depletion.

2) Hadn't the Labor Govt pledged $100,000,000 AAMI stadium upgrade? Seemed pretty logical that footy was going to be there for a long time. If you want to blame someone, blame the labor party for doing a backflip without giving anyone a heads up, considering the party claimed that the Adelaide oval wasn't just a knee-jerk reaction to the Libs saying it would build a new stadium with a roof. - said it had been a plan for ages. I would have thought some kind of ...psssst,-don't- spend-$20mill-just-yet,-wait-till-we-unfold-our-grand-plan headsup might have been ....ethical.

3) Sure the Tippett saga was damaging, but it certainly hasn't effected membership and I doubt we are being sponsored for 10times less money this season.

By your logic though clubs that don't win premierships are poorly run? Surely that's not what you're saying?

Only to a certain extent. There are well run teams that haven't won any recent premierships. I just think we need to put this myth that Adelaide is somehow more tightly run and professional to bed. Its almost as bad as when Sydney fans go on about their bloods culture. Our administration don't deserve that kind of kudos. I don't give a flying **** about their past achievements (whatever they are). They blew any of the goodwill I had left during the 2013 pre-season and proved they are a bunch of insular, short-sighted, incompetent w***ers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Its Time For Trigg To Resign.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back