Roast It's time to talk about the coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

I do wonder if Francou left after one year knowing he wasn't going to have any influence over the boys club so his time was being wasted.

Would love to hear the inside story on that one
I think some of the players spat the dummy after Teague and Bode went. Whoever came in was going to be tested.... so Josh said "**** you guys" it seems.

It has, but it's also the area in which the players have gone backwards. 3 of the 6 are past their best, Lynch is hovering and we aren't playing the guys we brought into the club to fix it.

I don't think Hart is the right man, but his hands have been tied.
Yeah fair point.

Is the players decline due to poor instruction though?

Who knows

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

We let them write off last year as a fitness ****up, on the proviso they get off to a flyer this year

All reports were everyone’s happy, everything’s great

And they’ve dishes up three games of shit

I hope the Riot Act was read at recovery today, because so FSM help me heads should roll

They have painted themselves in a corner now. No injuries, everyone apparently happy,fit and firing...then the first three weeks.

There must be some concerned people in the coaches box, coaches don't generally last if they don't make finals.

We’ve also sold our 1st rounder this year on the proviso we’d improve. Theres not even an incentive to tank.

We let them write off last year as a fitness ****up, on the proviso they get off to a flyer this year

All reports were everyone’s happy, everything’s great

And they’ve dishes up three games of shit

I hope the Riot Act was read at recovery today, because so FSM help me heads should roll

I tend to agree. Given how bad our preseason was last year and compare that to the side out there at the moment, there’s really little excuse for our poor performance. We’re essentially relying on the individual brilliance of Sloane and Crouch x2 to win clearances, deliver inside 50 and kick our goals.

I’m very quickly running out of interest in this season as it’s clear we’re still trying to implement the same game plan that failed us in the 2017 GF, only Richmond showed once and for all how to beat us. Our forward line has gone from the most potent to almost the most impotent in the space of 18 months and the key goals scorers are still there!

We’ve also sold our 1st rounder this year on the proviso we’d improve. Theres not even an incentive to tank.
That is scary, luckily for Pyke it is with Carlton though.

I'm struggling to see where Pyke goes from here, how long does he have on his contract? How can he blood youth in a club that historically cuts coaches who don't make finals?

He has four very very winnable games coming up, Roos, Suns, Saints and Dockers

The next four after that are make and break for the club. Power, Lions at the Gabba, Eagles at home and the Dees at TIO

We go into the bye against Giants and Tigers at home.

At the start of the year i would have had us 8 wins from those 10 matches. I can see at least 4 now the rest are 50/50.

The bye could become the flashpoint for the club again, i just only hope it isn't Don Pyke copping the brunt of it.

Doesn't this just speak volumes about the quality of the Adelaide Football Club. An employee says he's leaving for other opportunities, doesn't find them so we welcome him back with open arms. We are either run by really pathetic people or we have a crisis in that we can't entice quality coaches/players to the club.
Twice he's attempted to find work in Victoria and failed. When he got fired from Collingwood he applied everywhere, even at Amatuer clubs and no one wanted him. So they set him up with a cushy gig for a year on 5AA until we could find a spot for him. It was 100% a hire on who he was, not on what he could bring to the club. Absolutely disgusting nepotism.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We told him he was leaving, but from what has been pieced together, was contracted and that was the job they gave him. Should be in charge of the cheer squad and doing the banner.
We told him he could coach the SANFL side originally. He threw a wobbly about that and said "well I'll just go find work in Melbourne". He couldn't, then Francou quit and instead of finding a replacement we just went "Hart can do it!" cause it was the cheapest option to take.

And I've said before, barracking for Pyke to be fired fixes nothing. We is part of the problem at the moment, but it goes way deeper than that.

Like how the hell do assistant coaches survive 3 head coaching changes? There's a need for a total cleanout top to bottom in management, coaching and player wise, but we showed what kind of gutless people are in charge when they welcomed Trigg back all those years ago.

As crap as we played last night, I felt that the players we're just confused and unsure what to do themselves or what each other was doing. It's like they were kicking to positions where they were expecting someone to be but there was no crows player for miles. Even that JJ and lynch cluster f*k seemed like complete confusion and disconnect than any particular skill related error. jj was slowed right down hoping lynch would either run past, drawing the man with him or so he could get it over the top when the man came to jj, but instead he just hung back and turned a 2 on 1 into a highlight on the shizen wheel. no one seems to have a clue what the crap they are supposed to be doing out there. i put that all on the coaches.

i put the shitful kicking for goal squarely at the players feet though. we had plenty enough of the ball near goals to somehow win that which in itself says a lot because we really were bloody awful all night.

I do wonder if Francou left after one year knowing he wasn't going to have any influence over the boys club so his time was being wasted.

Would love to hear the inside story on that one

Same, I would be very interested to hear the full story.

There's was some rumours going around that he wasn't happy with the fall out from the camp and was very much against how the club handled it. I wouldn't be surprised if his time at the club has left a bitter taste in his mouth.

Same, I would be very interested to hear the full story.

There's was some rumours going around that he wasn't happy with the fall out from the camp and was very much against how the club handled it. I wouldn't be surprised if his time at the club has left a bitter taste in his mouth.
I want to hear the Charlie Cameron story.

I want to hear the Charlie Cameron story.

Here's my guess:

We sign him up on a middling contract because he hasn't established himself in the team yet due to our 'pay for experience' mantra. Brisbane, with shit loads of salary cap space, target him with a massive offer. He wants to leave, we agree, he leaves

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast It's time to talk about the coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

Back