Ivan Maric ( includes Welcome to Richmond Ivan Maric )

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Welcome To Richmond Ivan Maric

Hey Stig, does the club feel that Ivan is an upgrade on Graham?

Graham's better :( Dear lord...
I think Ivans stats are way down due to him always being not so much the primary ruck. Angus was pretty much playing 80% first ruck in most of our games which would have boosted his stats.

He also was a late bloomer from all accounts. If anything I think those comparisons show that stats can be useless, I think we could all agree that Ivan will be 10000% better than Angus

Or has it have to do with competition for the top spot?

I'm interested to see from which direction our club is coming because I have some stats here.

Angus Graham 2011 Season
Age - 24yrs 5mts
Games - 14
Height - 201cms
Weight - 102kgs
Hitouts - 23.6 hit outs per match
Marks - 3.1 per game
Kicks - 4.6 per game
Handballs - 5.8 per game
disposals - 10.4 per game
goals - 0.4 per game
tackles - 4.6 per game
I50's - 1.7 per game

Ivan Maric's 2010 Season
Age - 24yrs 9mts
Games - 21
Height - 200cms
Weight - 102kgs
Hitouts - 17.6 hit outs per match
Marks - 3 per game
Kicks - 3.4 per game
Handballs - 6.9 per game
disposals - 10.3 per game
goals - 0.2 per game
tackles - 2.0 per game

Maric probably played against better teams due to draw bias though as RFC would be down the bottom. Also you do not know what the game time was either on the field with rotating rucks

fair enough...I understand that, but if he was really a top ruckman, adelaide supporters would not be overly happy losing him. Since he tries his heart out..AND you already have a better first ruck in Jacobs - That's a strong reason for you to still feel comfortable and wish him luck. Hope he can turn things around and really over impress
good luck to him at tigerland!

LETS SEE IF WE CAN TRADE GRAHAM ................ Is there any clubs that are looking at a slightly used ruckman.

Very low klm prestine condition, never been hit but has a slight transmission problem.

Needs a transplant.
We should have been trying to steal some more picks from GWS for him :p

Or has it have to do with competition for the top spot?

I'm interested to see from which direction our club is coming because I have some stats here.

Angus Graham 2011 Season
Age - 24yrs 5mts
Games - 14
Height - 201cms
Weight - 102kgs
Hitouts - 23.6 hit outs per match
Marks - 3.1 per game
Kicks - 4.6 per game
Handballs - 5.8 per game
disposals - 10.4 per game
goals - 0.4 per game
tackles - 4.6 per game
I50's - 1.7 per game

Ivan Maric's 2010 Season
Age - 24yrs 9mts
Games - 21
Height - 200cms
Weight - 102kgs
Hitouts - 17.6 hit outs per match
Marks - 3 per game
Kicks - 3.4 per game
Handballs - 6.9 per game
disposals - 10.3 per game
goals - 0.2 per game
tackles - 2.0 per game

Your stats fail to do one thing, show where those hit outs, kicks and handballs went, he will certainly put some pressure on the other two, which may see them improve as well and for pick 37 in a supposedly weak draft I think we did well, I would prefer Maric than paying 2 million to get Clarke and there really wasnt much else out there without giving up players and picks that we wern't prepared to give up.

Eevarn is very handy in the forward lines as well. He is an excellent set shot for goal and his instinctive leading is great.

You have a player who will give their all for the team. Will physically support the other players too.

Adelaide supporters have loved his passion when he has played. It's why we are supportive of him in this move. Wish the stupid sub rule doesn't exist, otherwise we would still have him on the list.

A guy who is not overly skilled, doesn't get a lot of the ball, but has a crack?
Sounds like Andrew Browne.

(sorry, just playing devil's advocate for a sec)

Adam Patterson?

Thanks Stig for the video. Am happy we have him and the mere fact that he can actually jump off the ground in the ruck puts him in front of Graham.

I know he is a stop gap measure but who knows maybe he can go on and keep his spot when his initial contract runs out. My only issue is last time we recruited someone from another club and that clubs supporters were telling us how lucky we were to get him was Farmer and before that Thompson hopefully history doesn't repeat.

A guy who is not overly skilled, doesn't get a lot of the ball, but has a crack?
Sounds like Andrew Browne.

(sorry, just playing devil's advocate for a sec)

Having a crack isn't Browne's issue, its the fact they have to send a cardiac unit onto the ground if he has to run for more than five mins

Browne could still be a number 1 ruck, but he needs a better tank. couple more pre seasons, and relief work for Maric (when injured/out of form/etc) may be good for him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure he will be crying himself to sleep that some random on the internet who has never met him and barely seen him in all likelihood won't welcome him to the club.

What is wrong with some of our supporters seriously?

fair enough...I understand that, but if he was really a top ruckman, adelaide supporters would not be overly happy losing him. Since he tries his heart out..AND you already have a better first ruck in Jacobs - That's a strong reason for you to still feel comfortable and wish him luck. Hope he can turn things around and really over impress
good luck to him at tigerland!
Yes, but if he was a really top ruckman, we would have had to give up a lot more than pick 37 to get a really top ruckman.
We paid what he was worth.

Welcome to the big guy. Should go all right. 37 seems fair, we must feel that there is some upside to him and paying a second round pick for that is equitable. A lot of teams around us last season should be on the improve this season and plugging a few holes should stop us sliding back down the ladder. Going to be a lot harder this year to maintain our ladder position.

Sad to see him go. :(

The only player it seemed with the guts during our NC soft-**** era to stick up for his mates on the field.

I remember when Dangerfield copped that bad tackle against Melb, Ivan was straight in there to show support. He was the only one that seemed to give a shit, but that didn't stop him.

I hoe he delivers Richmond supporters plenty of good memories.

Graham is certainly better on paper, maric was 2nd tier to shit rucks two years in a row! Bad feeling about it but always hope for the best! :eek:

Welcome Big Ivan

Any player who keeps cream puff Graham from the side has to be an improvement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ivan Maric ( includes Welcome to Richmond Ivan Maric )

Remove this Banner Ad

Back