Ivan Maric ( includes Welcome to Richmond Ivan Maric )

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Welcome To Richmond Ivan Maric

Good pick up annd payed about the right price, anylower and i would have been worrying.
However, i just went to AFL website and looks like renouf went for a similiar pick. Is there any reason we were so set on maric and not renouf? in my opinion id much rather renouf!

Rapt with this trade, just as I was with Grigg and Houli last year. And remember Maric only has to show similar improvement once he gets here to be a very good Ruckman. Another thing: Ivan is a 'pulse' player who can play above himself when the going gets tough or when the team needs a lift. Just imagine what his response will be when he first hears the legendary Tiger Roooaaarrr!

I know I am accused of man-love, but I am genuinely thrilled.

Surely each of us lost count of the number of times we have seen Gus jib it, or completely misread a running player, prompting groans and backs turned to the game while we curse...

Maric's manager said on SEN before that "he's ecstatic. I mean that. He is absolutely ecstatic to be going to Richmond".

He's most unlikely to become a superstar. We all know that. Honest, hard, 100% sort of player, with a beautiful kick and decent hands. Likes a stink. Will be Cotchin's bodyguard when not feeding him. Check out the Crows board and every single post laments his departure.

I would hope and expect his career at Tigerland to offer, for a longer period, the sort of output provided by Justin Charles. Sans the roids, perhaps. Charles was fantastic for us.

Anyone know when he flies in? Maybe we could get 600-700 of us out at Tullamarine to welcome him!!!! Harry Kewell style...;)

Whatever, he's a Tiger now. And we all love the Tiges:thumbsu:

Just looking at some of his stats he seems to be a bit underatted by this board & i mean a bit, his last season was halted due to jacobs but his previous would suggest he was well respected and rightly so, if we can get first use of the ball through maric and he is usefull across the ground which it looks like he can be then thats a tick for me.
agree wart101 sounds like he is well respected by crows supporters,could be a ben hudson mark2as to the improvement he made with a change of scenery

I'm genuinely pumped that we landed this bloke. Will be a massive boost for our midfield and should provide good leadership around the club. Looking at his highlights suggests that there is plenty to work with. This bloke doesn't need to star for us he just needs to be effective and have a presence as we have the stars coming through.

Great work RFC and good luck Ivan. Can't wait to see how Dusty, Cotch, Foley, Lids, Conca, Tucky etc respond to having a bloke who gives them some first use and who generally provides a contest. Will definately make them walk that little bit taller when they head to a centre bounce.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New Richmond Tigers recruit Ivan Maric Highlights

[YOUTUBE]jSL4VUAB_7o[/YOUTUBE]

Im happy with the pick up of Ivan. When i first heard the rumor of us looking at him a couple months ago i was excited, sure he might not be the greatest ruckman but he is better than what we got combined at the moment and over the last couple of years has proved himself to be a starter.

If we get rid of any of our current crop of rucks i would rather see Browne go.

im glad we have a big angry tough ruckman who can throw his wait around, Gus went backwards this year and this gives Browne some time to develop might just give Gus the kick in the ass he needs aswell , for pick 37 in this draft im rapped welcome EEEEEEEEEEEEE VAN

Im happy with the pick up of Ivan. When i first heard the rumor of us looking at him a couple months ago i was excited, sure he might not be the greatest ruckman but he is better than what we got combined at the moment and over the last couple of years has proved himself to be a starter.

If we get rid of any of our current crop of rucks i would rather see Browne go.

You sure? Browne is only 20. I haven't given up on him yet.

I think we may have over paid a little for him. But in the end we needed a stop gap ruckman who would at least be competitive and had to pay overs to get him I guess. I'm happy to get Maric because we needed him.

As long as we don't think that means our ruck department is sorted out. Maric is a short to mid term fix. We need to get a Ruckman with our first round pick or compo pick next year so they can develop for the next three or four years while Maric holds down the fort in the mean time.

Prior to today we didn't have a No.1 ruckman on our list (we saw the impact of that last year). Now we do. Yes he has flaws, but from the 2.57 mins of highlights alone there is more upside there than Graham and Browne combined. Maric can win hitouts, mark, kick and even run!!! He's not Cox, Sandilands or Jamar, but at least now we should be competitive in the middle.

We lose Pick 37 but have gained Morris and Maric effectively for the 1 pick, both of whom we all believe willl be in the team come Round 1 ... overall I'm happy with Trade Week thus far.

Rapt with this trade, just as I was with Grigg and Houli last year. And remember Maric only has to show similar improvement once he gets here to be a very good Ruckman. Another thing: Ivan is a 'pulse' player who can play above himself when the going gets tough or when the team needs a lift. Just imagine what his response will be when he first hears the legendary Tiger Roooaaarrr!
I'm looking forward to your first win with him onboard, you've already got one of the best Club songs, Ivan is going to love singing it.

Why would the Tigers not have gone with Renouf at the same pick price?
Much better ruck than Maric

Simple economics really Brent Renouf or Ivan Maric 11 letters or 9 cost less to print his name.

Seriously though I guess the club feels that Maric is the better struggled to get games had a better chance of getting him. Most people agree that what hurt him was the new substitute rule otherwise he might have gotten more games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ivan Maric ( includes Welcome to Richmond Ivan Maric )

Remove this Banner Ad

Back