Ivan Maric ( includes Welcome to Richmond Ivan Maric )

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Welcome To Richmond Ivan Maric

Couldn't get a game when the Crows were struggling, so i have massive question marks. Listening to Trade Week Radio during the afternoon it seemed a number of fellow fans not impressed, although Wallace and Nathan Thompson FWIW reckon he is a goer.

Think we paid overs given he is unlikely to become a damaging forward.

That said I have faith in Dimma and co to have made the right decision, so crossing my fingers he can deliver.

Simple economics really Brent Renouf or Ivan Maric 11 letters or 9 cost less to print his name.

Seriously though I guess the club feels that Maric is the better struggled to get games had a better chance of getting him. Most people agree that what hurt him was the new substitute rule otherwise he might have gotten more games.
Maric had Jacobs & Tippett in front of him.

Who was keeping Renouf out?

Picked up a solid ruckman here, strong hands and a lovely kick for goal.
Massive improvement on Graham, Maric is a very passionante player who wears his heart on his sleeve, wont take shit from opposition ruckman and always the first to fly the flag

Why would the Tigers not have gone with Renouf at the same pick price?
Much better ruck than Maric

Arguable, at best, that Renouf is a better ruck. I think the more relevant question here is "Where was Dimma prior to coming to the Tiges?"

Maric is afl standard. Will have a brain fade on occasions but the only reason he didn't get many games is because of the interchange rule changes. Sad to see him go.

Met Ivan once before. Wonderful bloke :) He may not be overly skilled, but he isn't a complete dud either. Will provide more than what Graham would. Gives time for Browne to continue to develop, as he was and will be a long term project player. As Dimma said, we only want blokes with good character and ethos at the club. Maric personality wise is very similar to Richo in many aspects. Bleeds for his club, is passionate, humble, and loves the games and the fans. Mentioned to me that he thought the Tigers song was the best in the comp and he has sung it aloud after watching us have a win :thumbsu: Should fit right in then :cool:

To see his real worth, check the Crows board for a very classy thread farewelling the big man.
Supporters are not stupid. Not a whole thread full of them anyway. They know a good thing when they see it.

The reason we didn't go after Renouf is he only really came on the market when the Hawks needed to trade back into an early pick so that they could then target Gillies at the Cats. Almost certain the Hawks will offer pick 33 they got from the Power for him.

The reason we didn't go after Renouf is he only really came on the market when the Hawks needed to trade back into an early pick so that they could then target Gillies at the Cats. Almost certain the Hawks will offer pick 33 they got from the Power for him.

renouf is very much like Gus having spoken to hawk fans of him, cant mark & cant find it...NO THANKS

renouf is very much like Gus having spoken to hawk fans of him, cant mark & cant find it...NO THANKS
Forgot to add to my post that Renouf is a spud as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couldn't get a game when the Crows were struggling, so i have massive question marks. Listening to Trade Week Radio during the afternoon it seemed a number of fellow fans not impressed, although Wallace and Nathan Thompson FWIW reckon he is a goer.

Think we paid overs given he is unlikely to become a damaging forward.

That said I have faith in Dimma and co to have made the right decision, so crossing my fingers he can deliver.

He couldn't get a game because we traded in Sam Jacobs, who is quickly becoming one of the better ruckmen in the competition. Had we not got Jacobs, or the sub rule hadn't changed the way rucks were used, Ivan would have played 20+ games.

And regarding your comment about him not becoming a damaging forward, he is more than capable when he rests in the forward lines. He has had several games where he's kicked 2 goals, he's a better than average set shot, and he can take a grab. I don't think you guys drafted him as a forward, but he'll hold his own if he rests down there from time to time.

You didn't pay overs. You paid pick 37 for a ready-made player in a position that takes years to develop, and he will be your starting ruck in round 1.

yep now we have ya welcome to the club ivan.
got to be better than what we have and in this sense an upgrade and good trade.

for me we paid overs i can understand why but for next yr i didnt think it was imperative we get a ruckman.
im now really concerned about what picks we have in the nd. i cant stress enough my hope that we can now find a way to trade back into the second rnd.

one thing for sure this will be hard to do it seems noone is interested in connore mcguane thursfield edwards jackson etc.

Welcome to Richmond, Ivan. We need to keep bringing in blokes with plenty of heart and hopefully more than some skill.

Question to those in the know, considering this thread is about rucks; what's the story with Derrickx? Can someone tell me if he's in the future plan or was that a mistake?

Cheers.:thumbsu:

Stoked that Maric found his way to you guys.

Great team man
Show's great passion
Will step in and protect his little men
Will take marks around the ground, surprise you with his kicking skills and, hit is mark in ruck contests.
Said that's he's sack Nixon (integrity)
Not afraid to show motion in the media

Gunston can GAGF, Ivan left because the new sub rules ****s someone like him over if he isn't the #1 ruck option, otherwise he'd stay and the Club would keep him, and we respect him for that. Glad we got him to where he wanted to go.

Hope his tears it up, and rips Carltank a new one come round 1. :thumbsu:

Welcome to Richmond, Ivan. We need to keep bringing in blokes with plenty of heart and hopefully more than some skill.

Question to those in the know, considering this thread is about rucks; what's the story with Derrickx? Can someone tell me if he's in the future plan or was that a mistake?

Cheers.:thumbsu:

Injured. Managed a handful of VFL games last year and we will know more next year.

Welcome Ivan, you actually look like you have some poise, compared to Gus, shocking with the ball.

Simple economics really Brent Renouf or Ivan Maric 11 letters or 9 cost less to print his name.

Seriously though I guess the club feels that Maric is the better struggled to get games had a better chance of getting him. Most people agree that what hurt him was the new substitute rule otherwise he might have gotten more games.

HAHAHAHA....Pay that one!!!...:thumbsu:...

Have to say, not often you read the comments Crows fans have said regarding a departing player. And it's not just on this thread, they have been talking like this all week on their board.

Sounds like he is a top bloke, and also the competitor we need in the ruck.

Don't expect him to be a world beater, but if he gives Cotch and Dusty half a chance of getting first touch on the ball, Judd and Murphy may find round 1 a little tougher than in the past.

Also one thing that is nice to see, finally getting a few angry bastards in the club. King, Martin, Vickery, and now Maric (faux aggression don't count Jackson).

Remove this Banner Ad

Ivan Maric ( includes Welcome to Richmond Ivan Maric )

Remove this Banner Ad

Back