Team Captain
Jul 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
no one
Everyone i have just worked out the trade:
lance whitnall + 2nd?or 3rd round pick to western bulldogs...

brian harris + daniel giansiracusa to carlton

this way we get a quality defender and a good midfeilder...win win situation

(we could even minus our 2nd/3rd round pick...n just give lance)

PERFECT TRADE!!?!?!??!!??!?!!?

leonmagic said:
Why on earth would the doggies accept that one??

Lance Whitnall for Brian Harris alone wouldn't even be fair.

The best you could hope for is Pick 10-20.
Pretty fair post, but expected to be verbally bashed for it seen as though you go for the filth

Go_Blueboyzzz said:

A win for Carlton, a shocking trade for the Bulldogs. Pick 34 would be about the limit of what the Bulldogs would offer. No way in hell would we trade Giansiracusa and Harris, let alone for Whitnall.

While I reckon Lance could be a good pick-up for the Bulldogs, this trade suggestion won't happen...wishful thinking by you, though, Go_Blueboyzzz, and I applaud your ingenuity.

Kinda like saying the Bulldogs would take Fevola for P. Wiggins, just to unite the Wiggins brothers!!!

You would be better of trying to do a deal with geelong for the Pig. They ahve been screaming out for a FF/ Forward KPP for 20 years. While kent kingsley does an admirable Job with ablett and Co; a Key position player like Lance could be just what the cats need.

L. Whitnall for D.Spriggs and geelongs 3rd rnd pick

Third round pick? Are you kidding me? We should get a young tall who can play back and a 2nd round pick at most for Lance, perhaps throw in a player like Wiggins too.

Go_Blueboyzzz said:

lance would struggle to be worth giansiracusa by himself let alone harris aswell.

i dont think u bluebaggers understand, lance has very little trade value. a club will not give up a good young player or quality draft pick for a slow, undersized forward.

would u want to give up your star fullback and quality running player for lance and a poor draft pick??

i thought not.

you will get a second pick at best, alot of clubs wouldnt even do that.

psi said:
You would be better of trying to do a deal with geelong for the Pig. They ahve been screaming out for a FF/ Forward KPP for 20 years. While kent kingsley does an admirable Job with ablett and Co; a Key position player like Lance could be just what the cats need.

L. Whitnall for D.Spriggs and geelongs 3rd rnd pick

pfft...

geelong have done us enough favours in the draft...ie clarke... **** **** that he is!

Go_Blueboyzzz said:

mate i like ur thinking ...

we need to offload lance ... not cos i dont like him, but cos we need to inject some youth and pace into our midfield. we have pretty much won games without him this yr. i know he helps out off the ball and in the ruck, but he is worth offloading if we can get some real talent for him. i think a change of environment and game plan would be good for him. we dont have that much else to trade quality with.

i think the dogs are a great team to look at young gun midfielders ... they have so many its not funny ... i like giansiracusa, not harris tho ... i reckon livo will hold up fb maybe setanta as well next yr, thornton could hold chb with norman, teague, bowyer (maybe), morrel holding the other back posts.

if we could get a couple of players for lance that would be great ... look at what we got for corey, teague and morell, i'd take either ahead of corey, but to have both is awesome.

so g'siracusa yep ... plus maybe someone like: mcmahon? - been inconsistent and maybe dennis could bring best out of him. he's got pace and skill.

hence my trade

carlton to dogs - lance whitnall.

dogs to carlton - giansiracusa and mcmahon.

what do ppl think?

the Bulldogs would have to offer their first round pick (#6 overall) and a player to get Whitnall. Looking at what they gave up for Jade Rawlings, that Whitnall trade is a possibility.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is NO WAY the dogs would offer Guido and McMahon for an oversized, slow hasbeen like Whitnell. Totally overrated. To think that we would give up 2 of our up-and-coming midfielders for him, is nothing but stupidity.

I am not interested in getting Whitnall to the dogs, but if I was, he would be worth a FOURTH round pick at best and nothing else.

Abaddon said:
the Bulldogs would have to offer their first round pick (#6 overall) and a player to get Whitnall. Looking at what they gave up for Jade Rawlings, that Whitnall trade is a possibility.

Rawlings is a much better player than Lance.

We, at best would offer a second round or third round and MAYBE Hargrave or that type of player.

No way Guido or Harris.

leonmagic said:
Why on earth would the doggies accept that one??

Lance Whitnall for Brian Harris alone wouldn't even be fair.

The best you could hope for is Pick 10-20.

Finally some common sense from a Carlton supporter re trading.

just like to say that whoever whitnall goes to he will turn out t be agood footballer agin...he needs a fresh start and a new begginning at a new club..if the bulldogs can see that he will be a godd footballer for him and i garantee he will be better than rawlings...we will be able to get harris and giansiracussa...just remember we will give a 2nd or 3rd round pikk as welll

this trade is very possible if u think logically!!!!!!!!!!!

Go_Blueboyzzz said:
just like to say that whoever whitnall goes to he will turn out t be agood footballer agin...he needs a fresh start and a new begginning at a new club..if the bulldogs can see that he will be a godd footballer for him and i garantee he will be better than rawlings...we will be able to get harris and giansiracussa...just remember we will give a 2nd or 3rd round pikk as welll

This is laughable and won't happen. Witnall is slow and over the hill any one can see that. Mcmahon and Gia was bad enough bad to bring bring Harris into it is just plain stupid.
I get ********ed off with the comment "a new surrounds will help bring about the best in him"

Go_Blueboyzzz said:

This is the problem when it comes to trade talk. We have to put up with rubbish like this. Not even the diehard blues supporters would think this would be a reality, and any dogs supporters would not renew their membership if this was to go thru.

Go_Blueboyzzz said:

Lance is finished. One reasonable game for the year hardly exictes us Bulldog fans.....

The only person in this debate not thinking logically is you. Open both eyes. If you really think he is better than Rawlings why wouldn't you want to keep him?

Harris is a key to our future. We are not about to release him. As for Daniel he is a local lad and loves the club and is a big part of our future whom the doggies have invested heavily in. I think you are barking up the wrong tree........Keep Fat fishhead and your 2nd round pick.

Now how how about Andrew Walker for Patrick Wiggins and a second round draft pick?

Nearly as stupid as your idea isn't it?

Go_Blueboyzzz said:

You want us to have fat Lance when this is what you really think of him.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128049&page=2&pp=15

theorangeapple said:
lance would struggle to be worth giansiracusa by himself let alone harris aswell.

i dont think u bluebaggers understand, lance has very little trade value. a club will not give up a good young player or quality draft pick for a slow, undersized forward.

would u want to give up your star fullback and quality running player for lance and a poor draft pick??

i thought not.

you will get a second pick at best, alot of clubs wouldnt even do that.

One obvious trade.........Lachy Veale for Lance :D

DOG GOD said:
There is NO WAY the dogs would offer Guido and McMahon for an oversized, slow hasbeen like Whitnell. Totally overrated. To think that we would give up 2 of our up-and-coming midfielders for him, is nothing but stupidity.

I am not interested in getting Whitnall to the dogs, but if I was, he would be worth a FOURTH round pick at best and nothing else.

Boy are you going to be in for a shock! :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Ive got the trade!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back