Roast I've lost my faith in Chris Davies

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure how that's "having the balls" Chris Davies is at work when he's at AO - there's no way he or anyone employed by the club is going to get in an argument with a supporter at a game. It's easy to boo, yell something out, or make a snide comment to a coach/player/staff member they can't answer back.

lmao calling someone a coward for saying something to a person's face

Would it have been tougher if they commissioned Rooch to write an article asking Chris Davies to stop leaking club business to Caro?

lmao calling someone a coward for saying something to a person's face

Would it have been tougher if they commissioned Rooch to write an article asking Chris Davies to stop leaking club business to Caro?
You’re a coward if you're randomly yelling something out when you know they can’t answer back (or come and punch you in the face).

You’re a coward if you're randomly yelling something out when you know they can’t answer back (or come and punch you in the face).

Ok, fine then, but let’s say I wrote an email directly to his email address. Outline my discontent to him, the way he operates, the conflict of interest he has with our club that he puts he mate Ken ahead of the club and his leaks to the media. He would just ignore it, like the other morons that work for our club. In this situation, fine, but if it were in other situations, he can answer. Yes, not to the full extent that he would like, but none the less, he could give an answer, but deliberately would choose not to, but answer me or any member who asked a questions. But answer me one thing: do you think it was professional for the general manager of an AFL club, and even worse, being the GM of Port Adelaide, to cup his ear in a condescending and unprofessional manner, considering his position at our club? Is that ok to you?

Last edited:
Davis couldn’t engage on a debate, but he could have answered. He could also have ignored it. He did neither.

Who, in the situation bucky described above, do you think has the greater responsibility: the bloke paid good money to represent the club and make sure it performs, or the supporter who pays money to watch and support the club?

Of course, this is rhetorical because we know you just like being a scold in the service of those with power.

Actually I don't live my life assuming i'll get punched for being honest. Davies absolutely could have had a conversation with the supporter if he wanted. He has a wide range of mediums in which he could have that conversation. He instead chose, as the leadership of this club so often does, to get defensive.

The club repeatedly take pot shots at the supporters in the media where supporters can't answer back, I don't remember you having a crack at the likes of Dixon or Davies for doing so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After reading the last couple of pages, I always wonder if when someone makes a statement that dozens of people disagree with and call you out, do they have enough self awareness to think, maybe I am wrong?

is it me wale GIF by Red Table Talk

Why would CD want to punch someone in the face for asking them to stop leaking club info to a journo?

Is CD just a very angry man and had to show restraint because he was in his workplace?

CD could have completely ignored the remark but he chose not to despite being in his workplace.

After reading the last couple of pages, I always wonder if when someone makes a statement that dozens of people disagree with and call you out, do they have enough self awareness to think, maybe I am wrong?

is it me wale GIF by Red Table Talk
This thread is an example of confirmation bias. You’re right it’s pointless offering a different point of view, yet here I am.

Ok, fine then, but let’s say I wrote an email directly to his email address. Outline my discontent to him, the way he operates, the conflict of interest he has with our club that he puts he mate Ken ahead of the club and his leaks to the media. He would just ignore it, like the other morons that work for our club. In this situation, fine, but if it were in other situations, he can answer. Yes, not to the full extent that he would like, but none the less, he could give an answer, but deliberately would choose not to, but answer me or any member who asked a questions. But answer me one thing: do you think it was professional for the general manager of an AFL club, and even worse, being the GM of Port Adelaide, to cup his ear in a condescending and unprofessional manner, considering his position at our club? Is that ok to you?
Was it professional? No. Was it a way of saying “yell something out across the crowd at the footy while I’m walking and working doing my job …can’t hear ya, and maybe choose an opportunity when we’re face to face” maybe.

This thread is a
Was it professional? No. Was it a way of saying “yell something out across the crowd at the footy while I’m walking and working doing my job …can’t hear ya, and maybe choose an opportunity when we’re face to face” maybe.
Oh yes we're all very intimidated by the prospect of big tough Chris Davies beating us up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast I've lost my faith in Chris Davies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back