Scape Goat I've lost my faith in Ken Hinkley Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not disagreeing that Hinkley has underachieved, but that our football department is basking in riches is a myth big footy certainly perpetuates. We have certainly made massive inroads from having skype or stats guy as assistants and one part time physio, but we still sit in the lower end of clubs in terms of football department spending, and we certainly haven't been able to retain quality senior assistants etc. Yes its an upgrade from where we came from but it seems to be commonly assumed here that we're now one of the more resource rich clubs, which is false.
I am actually comparing Port with Port. I don’t care what other clubs have as that is not our narrative. However compared to his predecessor Hinkley was rolling in opportunity

I am actually comparing Port with Port. I don’t care what other clubs have as that is not our narrative. However compared to his predecessor Hinkley was rolling in opportunity

That is true, but it does matter where we sit relative to our competition, and thats what will have the most impact on our results. I completely agree Primus etc were completely hamstrung, and our set up then was beyond diabolical. What I do notice though is that the notion that we're now well resourced is accepted at face value here, whereas given the increases in spending across the board it is false.

In 2004 we lead the competition for our football department spend (11.5million), then we slipped right down. We have now more than doubled that, but are towards the back of the pack in terms of what we spend now. So Hinkley has enjoyed a much better football department then Primus, but, relative to the competition, Choco in the mid 2000's had the best advantage of all the Port coaches.

So Hinkley has enjoyed a much better football department then Primus, but, relative to the competition, Choco in the mid 2000's had the best advantage of all the Port coaches.

Darren Burgess was the highest paid fitness man in the caper, with all manner of money poured in his direction.

Hinkley's also on close to $1,000,000pa.

The likes of West Coast and Collingwood will always be have-mores in this regard (hence the recent implementation of the football department soft cap/tax), but in terms of the funding being permitted to get his shit together for this list to be the best it can be, there are absolutely no excuses.

So true

1. Ken, Loser, True no-hoper. In the glory days our club would laugh at people like him and pity the Panthers that had him as their try hard coach. Can't walk his talk. No results, turns gold into leather. 3 more years FML
2. Koch. Holy **** words do not even come close to. Imagine him in a room with a Hayes, Quinn, Webber, Boyd, Williams. They wouldn't let him cut the grass. Or maybe I am naive
Spot on !

Just listened to the interview out of spite

The way in which Hinkley brushed off every issue was disgusting

The most concerning was the reference to all Hinkley, KT and Kochie being on the same page - “we want to be the best football club we can be”

That is pathetic

Should all be saying “we want to be the best football club full stop”

Edit: Also, Hinkley was asked about Wingard, response - said he wasn’t going to answer specific questions about individual players. Then goes on to say we will be aggressive at trade table but notes we won’t do anything stupid “like trade Wines”...So you won’t individualise about Wingard but you will Wines? Watch this space

Just listened to the interview out of spite

The way in which Hinkley brushed off every issue was disgusting

The most concerning was the reference to all Hinkley, KT and Kochie being on the same page - “we want to be the best football club we can be”

That is pathetic

Should all be saying “we want to be the best football club full stop”

Edit: Also, Hinkley was asked about Wingard, response - said he wasn’t going to answer specific questions about individual players. Then goes on to say we will be aggressive at trade table but notes we won’t do anything stupid “like trade Wines”...So you won’t individualise about Wingard but you will Wines? Watch this space

This is such a nonsense statement - at any given point in time you are always the best you can be at that time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darren Burgess was the highest paid fitness man in the caper, with all manner of money poured in his direction.

Hinkley's also on close to $1,000,000pa.

The likes of West Coast and Collingwood will always be have-mores in this regard (hence the recent implementation of the football department soft cap/tax), but in terms of the funding being permitted to get his shit together for this list to be the best it can be, there are absolutely no excuses.

I agree there are no excuses. I was merely pointing out that our football department which is frequently described here as rolling in money is actually on the lower end of the scale for budget in the AFL. Burgess was paid the high salary to essentially build our fitness department from the ground up, since previously we relied on walking laps while sipping lattes as a preseason, and the investment we have put into it is no more than most other clubs.

I completely agree that it's not an excuse for Hinkley and the team, but lets not keep pretending we have some kind of advantage over the competition in terms of our investment there.

Actually they asked some reasonable questions

Ken is easy to read. I've said before he'd be a bunny in poker. He is an NP practitioners dream. You can tell what he is remembering and what he is making up

Other than that his eyes dart around too much, talks to fast with uptalk, and he smiles after he says things.

Won't watch. Guy is a sham loser who deflects. And interviewers in that 2 bit town won't risk their pass to interview numpties like Ken by asking proper questions
Good to hear Choco call them out on that earlier in the week.

"I’m not sure how he’s done this, having lived in Adelaide for a fair time, he (Hinkley) has the media eating out of his hand. It’s almost like they apologise for the question before they ask him."

Media is weak as piss. We've got no Caros, Robbos, Barretts. Instead we get a self-castrated Rucci who's a shadow of his tabloid muckraking self, Theo Dropkick and a cavalcade of oxygen-wasting question askers at press conferences. Means the Crows can tell them to F.O. and Kenny can impose some kind of god complex. The clubs have done a number on the media and we're the worse for it.

The reconstruction surgery to repair the chip on his shoulder after that Dittmar interview a few seasons back almost crippled the Adelaide building industry.

Sent from mTalk

A pseudo Port Adelaide bloke interviewed by a couple of ex fruit tingles, how f****** riveting. :rolleyes:

Put that shit in a rocket and fire it into space, maybe some light years from now an alien civilisation will find it, shake their heads and tentacles, and think, who the f*** were those stupid campaigners! o_O

Would you rather he sit there with a noose around his neck?

um what?

I'd rather he not look so stoked at the time where we should be gearing up for finals.

Every other campaigner that supports this club is pissed off and he doesn't have a problem in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back