Jacinta Allan - 49th Victorian Premier.

Remove this Banner Ad

Need proof the Allen government is totally beholden to John Setka and the CFMEU? When asked yesterday for her views on Setka’s threats to the AFL & Steve McBurney if the AFL didn’t sack McBurney the Premier flatly refused to criticise Setka. When pressed all she would say was everyone in the workplace deserves to feel safe.

Need proof the Allen government is totally beholden to John Setka and the CFMEU? When asked yesterday for her views on Setka’s threats to the AFL & Steve McBurney if the AFL didn’t sack McBurney the Premier flatly refused to criticise Setka. When pressed all she would say was everyone in the workplace deserves to feel safe.

Fair enough she knows she’s not safe in her workplace if she criticises Setka, especially as a female MP.

To cut costs, let's not stop the SRL, but slash our health budget. That makes perfect sense!!!! damn the Victorian public to hell.

Thanks Jacinta...........

Cut the fire services budget again as well. Who need to keep Victorians safe when in 50 years a couple of thousand people a day can catch a train to nowhere.

Monash Uni is nowhere? Box Hill is nowhere?
You tell people in Melbourne's west and in regional Victoria. While this pig-headed government presses on with a project that remains unfunded, more than 20 regional Victorian health services have been told their budgets will be slashed by up to 30 per cent in the coming financial year. This will see services close or have management centralised, which will kill off services.

The rule of thumb has always been that health services must retain cash reserves to last 14 days to cover operating costs. The Age has reported that data for the financial year to January 2024 shows, 41 of Victoria's 75 health services didn't have the 14-day cash supplies to cover operating costs.

Let's be honest the Allen government wouldn't be "shaking up" the regional health system if it wasn't cash strapped. And why is it so cash strapped?

And its also worth remembering that in 2018 the government promised 10 community hospitals in Victoria. Not one has been built or ever will because all the eggs are in the SRL basket!

and its not under either party regardless of what they say in opposition

no government state or federal gives a shit about providing proper healthcare or education

the private sector exists for those with the money and the rest of us can get what we get while the majority of tax payer funds go to lining the pockets of private interests

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You tell people in Melbourne's west and in regional Victoria. While this pig-headed government presses on with a project that remains unfunded, more than 20 regional Victorian health services have been told their budgets will be slashed by up to 30 per cent in the coming financial year. This will see services close or have management centralised, which will kill off services.

The rule of thumb has always been that health services must retain cash reserves to last 14 days to cover operating costs. The Age has reported that data for the financial year to January 2024 shows, 41 of Victoria's 75 health services didn't have the 14-day cash supplies to cover operating costs.

Let's be honest the Allen government wouldn't be "shaking up" the regional health system if it wasn't cash strapped. And why is it so cash strapped?

And its also worth remembering that in 2018 the government promised 10 community hospitals in Victoria. Not one has been built or ever will because all the eggs are in the SRL basket!

Box Hill you can see from space.

It's becoming Melbourne's Parramatta the development is massive.

We are going to need cross suburban travel soon enough. No buses can't do it.

Melbourne is getting massive. We can plan for the future now or we have the same issues later on

Box Hill you can see from space.

It's becoming Melbourne's Parramatta the development is massive.

We are going to need cross suburban travel soon enough. No buses can't do it.

Melbourne is getting massive. We can plan for the future now or we have the same issues later on

Not at the expense of healthcare, though. No point having this albatross of a toy train set and flushing hospitals down the toilet.

it doesn't have to be at the expense of healthcare

the government is choosing to make it at the expense of health care

that is the real issue

and its a common theme regardless of the government

they cut funding to public services before private services, their mates and the loud ones with influence don't get their budgets cut

it doesn't have to be at the expense of healthcare

the government is choosing to make it at the expense of health care
they cut funding to public services before private services, their mates and the loud ones with influence don't get their budgets cut
As a matter of interest, what private services is the Allen government continuing to fund at the expense of public services? I’m not doubting what you say, I just don’t know who or what you are talking about.

Setka and the CFMEU get whatever they want in Victoria, a state that once had a backbone, a state that was the best in the country, it was ruined under Dan the man, but now under this idiotic government currently running the place it gets worse, she wants to attack hospitals with ridiculous budget cuts in order to make savings on out of control insane projects that has sent the place into the biggest state debt ever seen in Australia. God help you if you live in regional areas and get crook. The people can only take so much, but then again my fellow Victoirans don't have much of a backbone anymore. meanwhile some people would rather interrupt a Jerry Seinfeld show with their antisemitism instead of protesting at Parliament house. I find it vile that people would support a terrorist organisation instead of our own health system. I question what Allan supports?

Last edited:
Setka and the CFMEU get whatever they want in Victoria, a state that once had a backbone, a state that was the best in the country, it was ruined under Dan the man, but now under this idiotic government currently running the place it gets worse, she wants to attack hospitals with ridiculous budget cuts in order to make savings on out of control insane projects that has sent the place into the biggest state debt ever seen in Australia. God help you if you live in regional areas and get crook. The people can only take so much, but then again my fellow Victoirans don't have much of a backbone anymore. meanwhile some people would rather interrupt a Jerry Seinfeld show with their antisemitism instead of protesting at Parliament house. I find it vile that people would support a terrorist organisation instead of our own health system. I question what Allan supports?

She supports pill testing at music festivals because it could affect her own kids, not mine or yours but hers.

That is absolutely ridiculous. Pill testing is logical and will save lives
There are 2 sides to this argument, the other one being that government sponsored pill testing legitimises something that is illegal and abhorrent. Meanwhile the government can’t afford cancer research funding…

There are 2 sides to this argument, the other one being that government sponsored pill testing legitimises something that is illegal and abhorrent. Meanwhile the government can’t afford cancer research funding…
Only today we're hearing about a highly potent synthetic opioid that's made it's way to our shores and nothing can be more certain that it will find it's way into pills and may have fatal consequences. Testing pills is a cheap and easy way of stopping kids dying, I can't believe anyone would oppose it.

I think preventing possible deaths is a little more important than debating whether it is morally right or wrong.

A young man steals a motorcycle and crashes it into a pole. Should he be left to die on the side of the road because what he did was wrong? Is the government legitimising motorcycle theft by providing public-funded health care to make him better?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back