Jacinta Allan - How long can she keep the wool over the populace's eyes

Remove this Banner Ad

Jacinta's husband was a senior CFMEU official and Setka attended her fathers funeral.

Her political career is almost dead, there's going to be a mountain of information uncovered from IBAC that even the strongest ALP supporters could only very flimsily describe as "conflict of interest" when it comes to Jacinta's relationship with the CFMEU and her role as the Big Build Minister/State Premier and the "non-action" bordering on blatant corruption that's occured.
Labor voter. Agreed.

Ms Allan was told many times.

Also, the CFMEU can just give the money to Trades Hall who then give that money to the ALP.

The CFMEU are the Australian Labor Party. Quite literally. In a way that no organisation is a part of another major political party in Australia (except other unions and the ALP).
Rubbish. CFMEU is a corrupt organisation.
But the Liberal party are essentially the Oil and Gas Industry.

Makes you wonder if someone like Ben Carrol had been allowed to nominate to succeed Dan would the ALP have been better off. He is from a different faction and less tainted than Jacinta, and probably would have found a way to "pause" SRL. Almost every Ministry Jacinta has held since Dan came into power has been a disaster:

Minister for Commonwealth Games Delivery - abject failure
Minister for Suburban Rail Loop - unfunded but still pressing on with the biggest white elephant in Victoria's history
Minister for Transport and Infrastructure - cost over runs on every project and now the CFMEU scandal
Minister for Major Projects - arguably lost control of many major projects with delays cost blow-outs.
Minister for Priority Precincts - WTF? She only held this gig for 3 months!
I don't think you know how major projects work. For every political party ever.

Project gets tendered.
"Lowest price wins". Politicians get to announce the project without too much political damage.
Massive variations to make up for the under pricing by the contractor.

If we went with realistic budgets major projects would never be built.

Pessutto won't be leader in 2026 so its a moot point. I didn't miss your point. Your point was to deflect, as normal.

you entirely missed the point. and still do. and, unsurprisingly, you can’t see it.

your rightist nutjobs have been saying he’s gone for over 18 months yet in polling terms he’s going from strength to strength.

you have little top-end talent to turn to. that said, i’d be pleased with thick as two planks crozier. then there’s ‘lobster with the mobster’ who would probably put up his hand for another go.

Pessutto won't be leader in 2026 so its a moot point. I didn't miss your point. Your point was to deflect, as normal.
Pessuto has almost made the Libs palatable enough to be elected.

If he is able to do it though, he is in trouble as soon as he gets 1 bad poll. The right of the party will try and take him down immediately

I don't think you know how major projects work. For every political party ever.

Project gets tendered.
"Lowest price wins". Politicians get to announce the project without too much political damage.
Massive variations to make up for the under pricing by the contractor.

If we went with realistic budgets major projects would never be built.
Massive variations to make up for the under pricing by the original successful contractor? Or massive price variations caused by successful tenderers being ousted by the CFMEU for not being aligned with the Union, and massive price overruns caused by the CFMEU putting overpriced but CFMEU-compliant contractors in place while the government turned a blind eye sweetened by $5 Million donations for election campaign?

Last edited:
Rubbish. CFMEU is a corrupt organisation.
But the Liberal party are essentially the Oil and Gas Industry.
Is there a way to de-register or blow up both the ALP and LNP parties and be a Teal colony?

I feel like both major parties have jumped the shark a long time ago.

Is there a way to de-register or blow up both the ALP and LNP parties and be a Teal colony?

I feel like both major parties have jumped the shark a long time ago.
Teals are a one shot party and they fired it to get rid of Morrison.

Voters thought, " Teals are Libs with a climax change agenda"
Voters got, " Teals are just another left of centre grouping."

Well we're screwed.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Massive variations to make up for the under pricing by the original successful contractor? Or massive price variations caused by successful tenderers being ousted by the CFMEU for not being aligned with the Union, and massive price overruns caused by the CFMEU putting overpriced but CFMEU-compliant contractors in place while the government turned a blind eye sweetened by $5 Million donations for election campaign?
Is Satan liking your post a good thing? 🤔😂

Attachments

• IMG_0133.jpeg
    IMG_0133.jpeg
    83.5 KB · Views: 9

I’m pretty sure the Sex Party had the climax based agenda. And the teals were cold on it.

I’ll walk myself out

Bullshit. The Teals have been great. Pocock has been a fantastic senator for the ACT.

It's time to bin these Labor and Liberal schmuks.
Agree on most of the Teals but as a senator for the ACT, Pocock has been a dud. Sat silent when the ALP was continuing the libs tradition of screwing the public service. Had achieved almost nothing and on occasion flip flopped on issues like the ABCC.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I actually think after this saga that her position is almost terminal.

Allan certainly doesn't have the same way in front of the cameras and ability to appeal to voters that Andrews did. He was a master politician in that regard.

Allan certainly doesn't have the same way in front of the cameras and ability to appeal to voters that Andrews did. He was a master politician in that regard.
Agree with that. Regardless of how much s*** was being slung around you always got the impression that Andrews was in control. I think his public persona, particularly with how he dealt with the hostile element of the media, is the best we've seen anywhere in the country in the last couple of decades.

Agree with that. Regardless of how much s*** was being slung around you always got the impression that Andrews was in control. I think his public persona, particularly with how he dealt with the hostile element of the media, is the best we've seen anywhere in the country in the last couple of decades.
He was always in control even if his response to questions or accusations were exasperating, nonsensical or repetitive (e.g., "I will not be lectured"; "I won't comment while the matter is before..."; "He/She is entitled to their view", etc).

You would never have heard Dan stumble embarrassingly like Jacinta did the other day at the press conference with her "What... what... what. You have a letter written to me?"

He was incredibly good at lying and avoiding, she doesn't have half his skill at deception

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

You couldn't make some of this up. :tearsofjoy:

I can't remember the back to back own goals from the ALP like it at the moment. Some of this stuff from virtue signaling ALP powerbrokers advising a domestic violence scumbag to "Be strong, genuine and sorry" Unbelievable ammunition....

Just how submissive are the ALP to CFMEU?

After it emerged in January, 2019 that Mr Sekta had been charged over an incident at home on Boxing Day, Victorian Labor figure Bronwyn Halfpenny texted him to say she was “thinking of you and hope everything will be OK.”

“You are a great comrade to working people,’’ she said.

The texts were revealed by the Nine newspapers on Friday as part of an ongoing investigation into the power and influence of the union.

In 2019, Setka, 54, pleaded guilty in the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court to charges of breaching a court order and one other matter.

Outside court, his wife Emma Walters identified herself as his victim. Her husband was accused of calling her 25 times and sending 45 text messages in October last year.

He was also accused of sending a tirade of abusive messages between December to January.

“You are a c*** just like the rest of your family,” one of the messages read.

Victorian Labor MP Luba Grigorovitch, who was then the RBTU secretary, put out a statement in June, 2019 praising his “strong record of standing up for working people.”

“He deserves his day in court,’’ she said.

Tanja Kovac, the national co-convener of Emily’s List, an organisation devoted to promoting more women to winnable seats, also offered support and advice.

“Be strong, genuine and sorry and the leader I know you are. Thinking of you,’’
she wrote in June, 2019.

I heard Nick McKenzie on the radio this morning. He broke the text message story and says this is an evolving story with a lot more to come.

Anyway, it was pointed out to Nick that all of the text messages from ALP figures were on Setka's phone and for Nick to now have them would imply Setka passed them over to him. Nick agreed that was a reasonable assumption. Setka is getting back at the ALP for their hypocrisy.

Who cares? Why deflect? I have no illusions about the LNP. But you've no doubt heard Oppositions don't win, Governments just lose elections?

The talent in Labor at state level is looking very thin now from the Premier right down. She is a massive liability for the ALP like we have not seen since Joan Kirner.

it’s never been as simplistic as that. and frankly, i don’t think it’s good for democracy for one party to be in power too long.

i’ve said many times in this and other threads i think pesutto is the libs best option. a centre-right leader is much more palatable to the moderates than the extremist right option pickles like the failed chief of staff and wannabe churnalist (credlin) and error-ridden so-called opinion writer (blot) espouse in the murdoch ratbaggery

as for jacinta, in many respects, she’s been left with a poison chalice. but the libs have a lot of ground to make up and the likes of deeming and her supporters are going to cause them a lot of electoral damage. a hung parliament is my tip so far out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jacinta Allan - How long can she keep the wool over the populace's eyes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back